April 24, 2014 | 2037 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

I have it in Matte Porcelaine 1. It's a little bit light for my skin tone , but somehow it doesn't look chalky or ghostly. It gives light coverage, has matte velvet finish. Looks very natural on my skin. It lasted me for a year and I used it every single day. It's good for touch ups and shine control in summer.
I usually use it over my foundation. Sometimes when I don't have time I use it over my moisturizer , but only if I don't have breaks outs. It doesn't cake or crese.
I love the fragrance. I would say it smells like French powder( if you understand what I mean). Not overwheing, for me.
It comes with two sponges. One is a thin one for a sheer coverage, the other one is thicker for full coverage ( as I understood it). I use only the thin one, it's perfect for me.
The price may seem expensive (30 or 34), but it lasts long enough plus it's a good quality powder which delivers.
Overall I love it, but I like to experiment with make up that's is why I stopped using for the last two years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I have used this powder for 20 years now. I'd recently started experimenting with other brands, but after spending tons on money trying to find something that might be better, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't anything better for me. I wear Matte Porcelaine Delicate. It has a nice pink tone that suits my skin perfectly. Great coverage alone over a moisturizer or primer and flawless coverage over liquid makeup. For those complaining about the smell, it does come in a fragrance free formula!! I personally like the scent and don't find it too overpowering, but I realize some people are more sensitive to how cosmetics smell.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I received this as a free gift with purchase and I didn't really think anything of it I just threw it in the back of my make up box and forgot about it. But for some reason I grabbed it the other day and used it and realized how wonderful it really is. Mind you I have dry skin, however, I use a moisturizer then a primer then a liquid foundation so I just like a little powder to "set" my make up sometimes (sometimes I go without if I want to look dewy).

I like how this looks over my foundation. It definitely doesn't get cakey or look like I'm wearing make up at all. You know how sometimes powder sits on top of your skin and just looks like too much make up, well this doesn't do that it just looks really natural. Also, this is great just over my moisturizer when I'm feeling lazy and I don't feel like doing a full face in the morning.

I didn't have an issue with finding my shade, however, I don't let other people pick my shade for me because they are stupid and they always pick a shade too dark for me no matter what I tell them, then they put it on me and they are like "oh yeah, you are right". Duh. I'm 32 I think I know what color I am. Plus, y'all gotta be careful picking out colors in stores because the lighting often sucks. Just keep your receipts in case you have to exchange. I think Lancome has plenty of colors, but that is just me. And I have really rosy cheeks so I stay away from anything that can make me appear more pink and I use Bisque II in the summer and it is fine. I would have to choose something lighter for winter though.

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the price. It is right in line with comparable products. I mean seriously, you can't compare this to drug store brands, that is not fair. But if you compare this to Laura Mercier or Dior or other high end brands it falls in line price wise. I think it is worth $36.00. That is pretty much what I expect to pay for a powder. I mean I have most certainly paid more in the past for a crappier product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have chocolate colored skin and matte suede IV was a decent match..not perfect....seems like it has a mild rosey hue to it. For the price, I can't say I'm overly impressed. Also, the fragrance is annoying. It doesn't stink; i just don't get the point of putting perfume in a face powder. I will likely return it and either be satisfied with L'oreal True Match powder in Cocoa or MUFE Duo in Chocolate. This is the kind of powder/shade that i would have to apply slowly and carefully so i don't look crazy and i just don't have time for that. I need to be able to use my pressed powder on the go.

UPDATE----
I will definitely be returning this. I used it today all over my face and it makes me look gray and sullen. It will probably work for you if oyu already have nice skin but I have acne spots that I like to conceal at least a little. I don't like it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by lintrann

If you are looking for a matte finish, THIS IS AMAZING, my holy GRAIL, like no words can explain this, for dry skin, i know you arent suppose to be using powder, but this doesnt show my dry skin, i use this all over my face, its long lasting, giving me a matte finish, it might be expensive but its a well spent product. check it out, youll be please.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by julieejuicee

I've used this on and off...I never realized how good it was until I recently started using it again. My mom bought this for me because she wanted the free gift and didn't need anymore makeup lol. I got matched to the color Matte Honey III, and it matches my skin tone pretty well. The smell is a little strong, but I don't mind it too much. The finish is nice, never too powdery or cakey. It doesn't leave a white cast when I take photos, which a major plus! I do get slightly oily and this does help, although it doesn't last a long time but it's easy to reapply. It's just an overall really nice and soft feeling powder that does what I need it to and matches my skin. It is a little pricey, but with the free gift with purchase, it isn't too bad. It's better than most other powders i've tried, so i'll stick with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by gpark02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is great for minimal coverage. I don't like to wear foundation for work so I just put this powder on and it's great!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by gksk520

this product looks a little bit different from when i bought it.. The coverage was just medium for me. It wasn't terrible but i really could not STAND the smell so i gave it to my mom.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by ingridwinter

I highly recommend this product despite the price that seems high. It is actually well worth the price for a couple or resons:

1) the product provides great coverage either wet or dry.

2) the product lasts a very long time. I wear it every day and it lasts for more than two years.

The quality of the sponge and the pad are very good, not like the budget brands. You get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by pocky

I have this in Matte Ecru II, which is a decent match for my NC25 skin. It's not nearly as yellow-toned as my HG Diorskin Forever compact foundation in Linen, but oh well. Lancome foundations tend to run a little too pink/peach for me anyway. I apply Dual Finish with a damp Beautyblender sponge for a flawless finish. I only use this foundation on days when I bascially only need to even out my skintone a little but not look like I'm wearing makeup because Dual Finish gives a very light coverage. You will not be able to cover up any blemishes, only mattify your skin and even your skintone a tiny bit. When applied wet, the finish more of a satiny matte instead of a powdery matte. I don't ever wear Dual Finish dry on its own so I can't say what the finish is like dry, but it's perfect wet and as a setting powder over liquid foundation. The fragrance is awful but fades after about 30 minutes. Lasting power is decent for me (I have combination to dry skin, not very oily and no large pores) but it will sweat off so I can only wear if it's not so hot out that I will sweat or if I'm going to be mostly in air conditioning.