July 23, 2014 | 2082 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product and use it daily. I have used it for a couple years now and it lasts a long time. If i could change one thing about the products packaging it would be the material the top lip is. It looks pretty but i find it scratches and looks junky really easily. I dont find the smell overwhelming as i have seen others report, or I'm used to it :P It is a good coverage for me as i have fair skin with few imperfections and it goes over really nicely on my Josie Maran foundation. deffinattley a re buy. It did seem expensive at first though, which is why i took off a lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ElaineLuvsMakeup

This product is okay. I was looking for a replacement for my Rock and Republic powder which has been sadly depleted. I would like this product more if it didn't smell so much like an old lady. The powder didn't over or underwhelm me that much. The price is a bit more than a drugstore brand, but it hasn't done anything to really impress me. I will use this product up, but the old lady smell is preventing me from repurchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder. I was looking for a powder that would double as a setting and powder foundation if I wanted it to, this is it! My all time favorite is the Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral Powder, but the coverage in that is so full, if I use it to set my liquid foundation, my face looks really cakey. This powder eliminates that problem! I love it. It also keeps my combination/oily skin relatively matte all day, while still keeping my foundation in tact. Great great powder, with an amazing color selection, beautiful packaging, and versatile coverage.

The scent in this is SUPER strong, and really mature, but it usually goes away, and does not break me out like most Lancome face products do. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a multipurpose face powder with a great color range!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by mommala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Department stores are not carrying the fragrance free version of this anymore. I complained because I cannot stand the scent of the regular version and have used the fragrance free version for years, probably since it came out! The sales associate at a Major department store at the mall (can I not say which one?) ordered my fragrance free matte bisque II and it was sent to my home free of charge for the inconvenience. Love everything about it, the coverage, color, convenience and classy compact. Try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have it in Matte Porcelaine 1. It's a little bit light for my skin tone , but somehow it doesn't look chalky or ghostly. It gives light coverage, has matte velvet finish. Looks very natural on my skin. It lasted me for a year and I used it every single day. It's good for touch ups and shine control in summer.
I usually use it over my foundation. Sometimes when I don't have time I use it over my moisturizer , but only if I don't have breaks outs. It doesn't cake or crese.
I love the fragrance. I would say it smells like French powder( if you understand what I mean). Not overwheing, for me.
It comes with two sponges. One is a thin one for a sheer coverage, the other one is thicker for full coverage ( as I understood it). I use only the thin one, it's perfect for me.
The price may seem expensive (30 or 34), but it lasts long enough plus it's a good quality powder which delivers.
Overall I love it, but I like to experiment with make up that's is why I stopped using for the last two years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I have used this powder for 20 years now. I'd recently started experimenting with other brands, but after spending tons on money trying to find something that might be better, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't anything better for me. I wear Matte Porcelaine Delicate. It has a nice pink tone that suits my skin perfectly. Great coverage alone over a moisturizer or primer and flawless coverage over liquid makeup. For those complaining about the smell, it does come in a fragrance free formula!! I personally like the scent and don't find it too overpowering, but I realize some people are more sensitive to how cosmetics smell.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I received this as a free gift with purchase and I didn't really think anything of it I just threw it in the back of my make up box and forgot about it. But for some reason I grabbed it the other day and used it and realized how wonderful it really is. Mind you I have dry skin, however, I use a moisturizer then a primer then a liquid foundation so I just like a little powder to "set" my make up sometimes (sometimes I go without if I want to look dewy).

I like how this looks over my foundation. It definitely doesn't get cakey or look like I'm wearing make up at all. You know how sometimes powder sits on top of your skin and just looks like too much make up, well this doesn't do that it just looks really natural. Also, this is great just over my moisturizer when I'm feeling lazy and I don't feel like doing a full face in the morning.

I didn't have an issue with finding my shade, however, I don't let other people pick my shade for me because they are stupid and they always pick a shade too dark for me no matter what I tell them, then they put it on me and they are like "oh yeah, you are right". Duh. I'm 32 I think I know what color I am. Plus, y'all gotta be careful picking out colors in stores because the lighting often sucks. Just keep your receipts in case you have to exchange. I think Lancome has plenty of colors, but that is just me. And I have really rosy cheeks so I stay away from anything that can make me appear more pink and I use Bisque II in the summer and it is fine. I would have to choose something lighter for winter though.

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the price. It is right in line with comparable products. I mean seriously, you can't compare this to drug store brands, that is not fair. But if you compare this to Laura Mercier or Dior or other high end brands it falls in line price wise. I think it is worth $36.00. That is pretty much what I expect to pay for a powder. I mean I have most certainly paid more in the past for a crappier product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have chocolate colored skin and matte suede IV was a decent match..not perfect....seems like it has a mild rosey hue to it. For the price, I can't say I'm overly impressed. Also, the fragrance is annoying. It doesn't stink; i just don't get the point of putting perfume in a face powder. I will likely return it and either be satisfied with L'oreal True Match powder in Cocoa or MUFE Duo in Chocolate. This is the kind of powder/shade that i would have to apply slowly and carefully so i don't look crazy and i just don't have time for that. I need to be able to use my pressed powder on the go.

UPDATE----
I will definitely be returning this. I used it today all over my face and it makes me look gray and sullen. It will probably work for you if oyu already have nice skin but I have acne spots that I like to conceal at least a little. I don't like it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by lintrann

If you are looking for a matte finish, THIS IS AMAZING, my holy GRAIL, like no words can explain this, for dry skin, i know you arent suppose to be using powder, but this doesnt show my dry skin, i use this all over my face, its long lasting, giving me a matte finish, it might be expensive but its a well spent product. check it out, youll be please.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by julieejuicee

I've used this on and off...I never realized how good it was until I recently started using it again. My mom bought this for me because she wanted the free gift and didn't need anymore makeup lol. I got matched to the color Matte Honey III, and it matches my skin tone pretty well. The smell is a little strong, but I don't mind it too much. The finish is nice, never too powdery or cakey. It doesn't leave a white cast when I take photos, which a major plus! I do get slightly oily and this does help, although it doesn't last a long time but it's easy to reapply. It's just an overall really nice and soft feeling powder that does what I need it to and matches my skin. It is a little pricey, but with the free gift with purchase, it isn't too bad. It's better than most other powders i've tried, so i'll stick with it!