Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Terrific powder for oily skin. I swear by Lancome. It is the same quality as Chanel, but is a little less expensive. I really love this powder because it can be light or medium coverage. It looks natural and feels light weight. It controls oil well. If I use it on bare skin it lasts 5 hours, but with a primer it lasts 6 to 7. I only have to blot a few times with this powder. It is also easy to build on. I put it on in the am and then in the pm I dust more on and it still looks fresh and clean, never cakey or chalky. It's a hefty price tag but it does last a while. I use it over foundation or by itself and it looks great either way. I also use it dry and wet, but know that it looks one shade darker when applied wet. That is something to consider when trying on and purchasing. The smell of the powder is very old fashioned a.k.a. old lady makeup from the 60's. The ingredients and fragrance create a very powdery smell that reminds one of their granny but it fades away in a minute. This is just as good as the dual Chanel powder or the M.U.F. dual powder. It also has a more natural finish.

on 12/6/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This powder looks so nice on. Beautiful finish, doesn't look cakey. Really lovely. Lasts pretty well. My only problem is that the first ingredient is talc and my skin itches all over when I use it. I used it several times to make sure and it definitely was the culprit. I'm never sure how to rate a good product that just doesn't work for me, so I gave it 4. I've gone through a lot of powders trying to find one that works, I'm currently trying Laura Mercier mineral pressed powder. We'll see. My other failures (off the top of my head) include MAC MSFN, MUFE pro finish powder, and Coty airspun,

on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 PM

This is my favorite powder foundation! I use it all the time : ) Its very silky and gives plenty of coverage, you can get light-full coverage with this depending on the ways you apply it. I personally use a puff for a medium coverage or use it as a setting powder with a powder brush if im wearing a foundation!

I am about nc5 (dead of winter - nc10 (summer) and I was matched with the lightest shade "matte porcelaine I" and its a really good match! It says its a "cool" shade online but Its more neutral in my opinion.

I tend to lean more on the dryer side of combination so this might not work well with oily girls because there is mineral oil in this foundation. But its great if you need a little extra hydration without looking powdery.

Pros:
Many shades (great color match)
LOTS of product (.67oz), great deal for your $$
Great for dry-dry/combination skin
doesnt clog my pores
sleek, beautiful packaging

cons:
May not work well with oily skins
Fragrance might be irritating to some

on 11/19/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I did not have good results with Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile. I have mature skin and this powder foundation did nothing to improve my appearance. I purchased Buff which was the closest to my medium fair, cool undertone, but not a perfect match. After several hours, my face appeared ashen, pale and chalky even with blush. This foundation also emphasized my pores and marionette lines despite using a good moisturizer under for slip. Returned to Macy's after two days with my receipt.

Packaging: Plastic square compact which is OK, but comes with a flimsy, thin round sponge.

Possibly a good product for those with younger skin (20s-40s) as light foundation or a touch up powder but definitely not for older, dry, mature skin as a foundation alone.

on 9/8/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this about 6 years ago but switched to mineral makeup when that became hot. I recently went on an extended trip and didn't want to bring brushes with me, so I bought one of these again. I think I love it more than before and I am wondering why I switched! It is easy to use and provides excellent coverage that can be built up. It's very lightweight so you don't look like you are wearing powder. It's perfect for touchups throughout the day. For oily skin like mine, it's very mattifying. I have never used this as a liquid so I cannot attest how well it works as one. Definitely going to keep buying it.

on 8/31/2013 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation when I was looking for a finishing powder to wear over top of my foundation (Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h in 210 Buff N) that I love so much and I tried a few brands of powder and they just weren't right in finish or in color.
Since I had such a perfect match with the Ultra 24h, and I have been so happy with it, I figured I could find the same color in a Lancôme powder.

After a lot of experimenting I found a perfect match with Matte Clair II and I love using this powder, both as a finishing powder and on its own as a foundation powder! It gives me that smooth finish I was looking for and it controls my oily skin really well.
The packaging is fine, although I never use the sponges provided so I just find them useless.

My only complaint is the color changes - why did Lancôme have to change all of the colors or color names between their products? I love this product (and the Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) and I can't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon, but I took one lippie off for the color changing within Lancôme because in my opinion they are just confusing their customers and I don't understand the reasoning for it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite foundation. I wear the Matte Buff 2, and it's a perfect match for my skin. I have oily skin with big pores and don't generally see a shine for 3 or 4 hours after application. I too agree that $38 seems expensive initially, but it's about twice as large (.62oz) as many comparable powders. Considering that I can use this as a foundation and powder in one, I definitely think it's worth the cost. I've tried many other brands and haven't found any that covers as well without being cakey or shiny.

on 8/18/2013 3:16:00 PM

This product is so amazing I actually decided to make an account on Makeup Alley just to review it. It deserves to be raved about! I have had difficulties finding a perfect skin makeup product, and besides my Chanel vita lumiere foundation, everything has been too much/not enough coverage, bad-buildup, too orange, too pink, not lasting on my oily-combo skin etc etc...... well this powder is none of those things and will be PERMANENTLY in my makeup bag. Thank you Lancome!

on 8/18/2013 1:00:00 AM

Stinks. Literally smells like your grandmother. Makes pores look huge. Not cool.

on 8/14/2013 8:31:00 PM

it's very small, but it lasts quite a long time . If you have oily or combination skin you will start to get oily in the first 4 or 5 hours depending on if it's hot or not. If you sweat it will come off. It works very well on making my face looking matte and I really like it. I would buy this again, when I get the money. It is $38 at sephora. which is a little expensive, but it works well! so all in all very good.