September 18, 2014 | 894 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by bunnikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the idea of Lilly of the valley in this perfume but I also detect the smell of moth balls in it. I don't want to offend anyone but it is just what I get from this one, without even spraying it on my skin. I own this perfume and I myself don't use it ( bought without smelling it due to it be called - classic) but sometimes people like to go through my collection and spray it on themselves and for everyone it works different.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Oh, this so doesn't work for me. It goes on strong and lovely Easter lily and lilac, a lot like spring, and very pretty, but it fades quickly towards mothball jasmine/lily and stays that way. About ten minutes later, a peppery note comes in, but it doesn't last. The mothball floral persists as almost a soliflore. Just vile on me, which seems to be my fate with most of the jasmine/lilyofvalley/white flower types. Probably real jasmine oil would do this too, but the mothball edge actually got stronger and stronger as this went on and it started to give me a headache. I had to scrub at the 45 minute mark. No and no again. No forever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My brother's girlfriend bought this for my 16th birthday and i remember her telling me how outraged she was that my older brother hadn't thought to buy something for me for my sweet 16th so she went and bought it for me, how adorable of her ! I'm 29 now so it was some time ago and i only wore it until the bottle ran out but i can still remember the bottle; frosted, clouded glass which i think was in a houndstooth patterned glass bottle. As a teenager who until then had only had bought chemist brand fragrances or recieved the odd watery cacharel scent for christmas this fragrance was a revelation for me. It smelled like something from another world and even now i can vaguely recall it's dry, powdery, sharp pot porrie flowery, peppery weirdness. It is one of those fragrances that i don't think i can wear again as a 'proper' adult as it is too evocative, and i think that might be the best word i can come up with to describe it as though i love perfume i do not have the knowledge to accurately describe it's notes. You may not be sucked in to it like other fragrances but it is kind of a make-believe fragrance, it reminds me of a V&A exhibition i saw of dresses from the 40's and 50's which toured Australia last year. It would have been perfect to walk around wearing this scent but as others have suggested, for a modern girl it almost clashes to much with contemporary life. If you can wear it with conviction i envy you!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Jzgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Ruth120

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Next to Miss Dior, this is my favorite in the Dior line. I remember when it was introduced and immediately liked it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by jenandhansun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so disappointed at this EDT. I am not so sure about the old formula, but the new formula (I just got this today from Saks) does NOT stay longer than 15 minutes! I put this on when my friend came over, and when our conversation was finished, I practically had to rub my nose into my wrist to even get a faint trace of it. Sigh.

I bought this after testing this at Saks (the tester was the old formula) and once I got home, the scent was still lingering on my wrist. The old formula has the icy glass bottles with printing directly on them (like the picture above), but the new formula has clear bottles that have cheap-looking printed stickers on them. Why did they change it to something that looks so cheap? And doesn't last even half as long?

I am definitely exchanging for an EDP... or maybe I'll invest in a Parfum. The smell (yes, all 15 minutes of it) is gorgeous though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is essentially a bottle of Awesome. It's a beautiful lily of the valley fragrance that isn't too green or sharp, and it's wonderful. For for those who are sensitive to most perfumes, this didn't give me the dreaded perfume headache.

Edit: This is a pretty radiant perfume, meaning that if you spray it, spray it only once. I did just that the other day, and people would smell me from a good four feet away. While it is light and beautiful, it feels a little to crisp and sharp on some days-- much more so than, say, Jessica McClintock. But last week I pulled out my sample after neglecting it for a year and sprayed some on my pillows before going to bed, and it brought a smile to my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Jasmine, lily of the valley, narcissus, jasmine, rose, and ylang ylang. Introduced in 1956. A beautiful feminine fragrance that never goes out of style. Sophisticated and timeless. I love the classic Dior fragrances (Miss Dior, Diorella, Diorissimo) , while I have not enjoyed my forays with the modern ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got my Diorissimo on a flight about four years ago...along with a bunch of other famous Dior fragrances (Poison, Dune, etc). This was my fave from the bunch. Ufff....It's completely...heavenly. This is the blueprint for what I want my corner of Paradise to smell like. If anyone's been to Islamabad's jasmine fields (in Pakistan), THAT is what this fragrance smells like. Combine beauty with nostalgia, and a dash of serenity. Not overdone, not underplayed...just right. ::siigh::
Three words. Springtime in Islamabad.
Okay, I'll try to make some sense. Lily of the valley, okay? Melting into jasmine...with a hint, a mere taste, of sandalwood. Perfection doesn't do it justice. It transports you to a lazy picnic in a sunny park, or maybe boating on a still lake in the morning. I spray this on, and feel like I'm in a different dimension from the everyday world. It's like living inside Monet's paintings with the ponds.
A few reviews are all "smells like an old lady," but you know what, you're lucky if the old ladies you've met all smell so damn good. Every old gal I've ever met is either a Chanel No. 5 fan, or goes for the new hip stuff like Britney Spears' Fantasy in an effort to be "with it"..
One lippie off because you gotta keep spraying it on throughout the day, it doesn't last long (unless, as a reviewer mentioned, you get the Pure Parfum one)...it's also EXPENSIVE...but then, who minds shelling out extra cash for a bottle of pure unadulterated JOY? Also, you get so many compliments on this, it gets old after a while. "Yeah yeah, total-stranger-man, I know, I know, you like how I smell..yawn" Compliments getting old, can you imagine how good this must be?
Fast-forward to NOW...I THINK THEY CHANGED THE SCENT. It's got a hint of poo in it, a drop of I dunno..moth balls? I compared it to the prized bottle I still have, with many precious drops still remaining, I tried it on a couple of friends in case my skin chemistry changed or something, no, I am absolutely positive...they smell completely different. It doesn't have the same harmony it used to.
I dunno, I got my new bottle from Japan, so maybe they make different versions for different parts of the world? As the Japanese would say, NANDE???!!!! I want the good old Diorissimo back! *wails*

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by chloepoodle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is classic for me. One of my best friends gave it to me for my birthday years ago and I keep coming back to it. I recently discovered that the EDT and perfume can be purchased through the Saks Fifth Avenue website. This is a true LOTV/floral scent. Clean without being cloying or overly sweet as so many florals can be. It's a unique scent. One day I arrived at work, having just applied the scent. A lovely European coworker walked past and said "Ah, Dior".