New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/7/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. Sure the packaging is dinky, but who cares when the product is phenomenal! You get 20g of product for less than 3 dollars. That's awesome! This product sets any bb cream I'm using and makes me oil free - what's more it makes my skin soft and doesn't cake. I love the way this makes my skin feel. It by no means makes my skin oil free, as I still get oily throughout the day, but it is a great translucent powder that sets my skin and prevents oiliness - at least for a bit.

I LOVE this product! I suffer so bad when it comes to oily skin, I used pressed powders for that and it just looked awful by the end of the day! I brought this product just five days ago, and I wore it to a party the night I brought it and my face stayed matte all night! So I've worn it everyday since, when I get home from school my makeup is still perfectly intact and my face still looks fresh and matte,
I will definitely be buying this again. Only downside maybe is that the colour is a abit light, which I can only blame myself for buying this shade

on 9/20/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this powder specifically for catching any "fallout" when applying eye shadows.

Because I am one of those types of girls who prefers to complete my foundation/concealer routine before I do my eye makeup, I am always concerned with eye shadow fallout - and especially so because I'm not the neatest when applying my eye makeup, if that makes any sense.

Basically after my foundation is complete I will sweep a generous amount of this under my eyes and work my magic, and then swipe it away with my trusty fan brush when done. Fallout is gone, my under eye area feels super smooth & my concealer has been set just a little more (which for me is always a good thing). Also worth mentioning, I am an olive-tanned skin girl and never experience any chalkiness on my complexion. Not to mention that the retail price for this is 2.99$ at my local drugstore here in New York City. I was able to grab this for 1.80$ at Rite Aid because they were running an additional 40% off on NYC Cosmetics. Score!

All in all, I find the formulation to be super smooth and almost buttery feeling, it knocks out the messy job with eye shadow fallout & helps to set my concealer as a bonus, and the price cannot be beat with a stick. Seriously. Though the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, I store this at home, so really no complaints from me.

Will most definitely purchase again.

on 8/6/2012 1:48:00 PM

Packaging is not good at all. When opening the top to use some of the product I would need to have a paper towel to catch all the extra powder that cumulates under the lid. The powder also looks white on my face which I did not like at all.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder after reading so many good reviews . It was really cheap . $3 at my local Walmart . So the packaging is alright . You slide/pull the lid off to reveal the sifter and powder . The trick to avoid getting the powder everywhere is to cover all but 3-4 sifter holes. That way you get enough powder out without it being a complete mess . Oh and throw away the little puff. It's useless . Use a really good powder brush instead. Now onto the powder . It's a really nice setting powder . I use it to set my concealer and it works really well. It keeps my face matte and smooth looking . For the price and product I would def recommend trying it . It's a really nice setting powder over all .

on 7/27/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wasn't pleased with the product in the beginning because the translucent powder came off as white on my skin, however it doesn't seem as white a couple of minutes later. The powder does well with oil-control and there is a lot of product for $2-$3. The packaging is pretty crappy though. It's bulky and the lid easily comes off. I recommend you leaving it on a undisturbed surface or else the powder will get everywhere. I still prefer the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent.

on 4/15/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this powder! DO NOT apply with a powder puff, use a brush or you will not get even coverage. It sets my make up well, and keeps shine away fro hours. The mediocre rating on the packaging is due to the fact that the powder comes too easily through the grate in between the bottom and the top. To avoid this, I suggest keeping the container stationary in your bathroom rather than in your purse or make up bag.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Good stuff and cheap remind me of corn silk powder that you can no longer find.

on 3/1/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hands Down! Thia is the best powder ever! My makeup stays fit for the longest, it gives my face a nice look, it is only $3 bucks! For me this works as good as a high end powder even better. U Can NOT go wrong with this! Highly Recommend there is no need to spend more than $20 on a powder when this one does the job && better! Everybody hates the container but the formula its self is AMAZING!

on 2/18/2012 4:39:00 AM

i like this. it makes my face loook super smooth/shiny/glowy. lol people say i look like akorean model wheni wear this :D

Recommended for Normal Skin