April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good stuff and cheap remind me of corn silk powder that you can no longer find.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by terezaaah

Hands Down! Thia is the best powder ever! My makeup stays fit for the longest, it gives my face a nice look, it is only $3 bucks! For me this works as good as a high end powder even better. U Can NOT go wrong with this! Highly Recommend there is no need to spend more than $20 on a powder when this one does the job && better! Everybody hates the container but the formula its self is AMAZING!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like this. it makes my face loook super smooth/shiny/glowy. lol people say i look like akorean model wheni wear this :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This is a great drugstore powder. I use it to set my foundation and it doesn't look cakey. I just hate the packaging. No matter how careful I am, the powder goes everywhere. I won't repurchase it because there are less messy powders that are just as nice or nicer on my skin. It's a great, affordable product for a teen though!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by keenaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this powder! It looks great on my face, sets the foundation nicely, mattifies for a long time and it's such a great value - 3 bucks for 20g!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Admittedly, I haven't had much success with NYC cosmetics; however, this product is a hands-down win for me!

I use this on a daily basis and have never had any issues with breakouts or irritation. It never looks cakey...ever.

This is very similar to another much-loved product for me, Clinique Blended Face Powder, but 10x cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely product (I have it in Transluscent). It sets beautifully, and the descriptions before mine are very accurate. Interesting fact: I found NARS loose powder to be of the same quality, in how finely it is milled, how small it makes my pores look, and in color. However, NARS Snow is slightly less pink in color. Glad I tried this product. It's every bit just as good as the NARS version.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

The powder itself is fine and smooth and makes my skin quite soft, but I find that I do need to constantly apply it, because I still get oily, but that's fine because it barely cakes on me at all! Only on some of the dry patches around my acne scars ):

The packaging is quite bad, but honeslty, what can you expect from such an inexpensive product! Also, dont bother with the sponge it comes with haha. I apply the product with a big soft fluffy brush :3

Make sure to moisturize your face first and put on a good foundation/bb cream/primer or similar product so the powder can really grip itself onto something! By the way, my skin is NC20-25, and the shade transluscent is a tad pale for me, especially in natural sunlight, it gives me a slight grey cast, but this can be fixed with either a darker foundation or application with a light hand! It seems a bit pale in the jar, but blends okay(: Im just saying because I had a heck of a time deciding if I should get Naturally Beige or this shade! This also makes me look white and ghostly in pictures, so for picture-taking-events, I wouldnt recommend, but should be fine for everyday use (to school, work, etc).

One last thing, if you purchase this, cover up all the sifter holes except for 3-4, or else this will be a super messy product! If you do this extra step, application will be way easier, cleaner and faster (: you could also buy both shades and maybe mix them (LOL I have no idea..) and make your own shade (play around with the ratios of the two shades!)
Hope this was helpful!

EDIT: I don't use this any more as the ingredients in this are a major turn-off for me :c Ive found pressed powders that control mid-day shine better, dont give a grey cast and that contain better ingredients :) I would still reccommend trying this because its inexpensive, but this isnt for me.

For a natural mattifying powder, give cornstarch a try! It's an active ingredient in many natural-blend face powders (:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I've repurchased this product quite a few times, and you can't go wrong. The price is amazing, under $4 at most drugstrores. Alot of people are complaining about the packaging but I don't feel like my lid comes off super easy, I feel like it kind of "suctions" down. I've tried the Cover Girl loose powder before and definitely prefer this. I do find it a bit messy, but it's worth it for me. It leaves a nice silk like finish on my face after my foundation. I've tried this with quite a few different foundations and it's worked perfectly every time!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first loose powder I've ever tried and I am quite pleased with it. My only problem is the clumsy packaging. It is very flimsy and the top comes off really easily so you can't take it with you anywhere since it will dump out. I will repurchase this when I run out.