April 24, 2014 | 1378 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautifully presented, lovely scent (I have the pink guava) and the pinky sheen is flattering. Unfortunately, that's where the positives stop, though. I found this product almost 'evaporates' far too quickly following application and leaves my lips very dry and uncomfortable. Certainly not buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i received this as a gift in Strawberry - i was hoping that it might be a tinted lip balm but on me, it doesn't show any colour. not as moisturizing as other balms i've tried and not a fan of lip products in tubs.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by beccyc123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was given the raspberry, satsuma and passionberry flavours and I absolutely love them! They are really smooth and they moisturise your lips really well.
The Body Shop is a favourite brand of mine and I would certainly buy them again

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SnowMonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

(Rasberry) Im working now but I've used this product since I was in 6th grade! yup2x im crazy about lip stuff since 12. back then the pigmentation is great. it gave me a hint of healthy natural pink with gloss and it would leave my lips supple and smooth too. then eventually I noticed that the tint got lighter. it would also leave my lips a tad bit dry. i dont think it's aging that's causing this (LOL). i mean, im only 22 and i dont smoke or drink or whatever that might affect my skin or lips. idk. maybe they changed the formula? BUT the scent! oooh smells like candy paradise. people around me would notice the delicious scent. the scent kept me buying and it brings me back to the good old days where disney channel actually featured good shows. (hehe)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

A MUST HAVE :-)
they dont work any miracles however they smell gorgeous and leave your lips feeling lovely and smooth and looking glossed but not overly glossed as if you have actual lip gloss on, a must have for men and women. especially for the price, i always have 3 flavours in my makeup bag and one in my pocket always. theyre always on 3 for 2 also.

if you're looking for a great lip product i recomend mac lip conditioner, it's amazing my HG lipbalm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by cookiedough8

I have this in Watermelon, which is pretty much colourless and scentless. I apply a little on my lips every morning before putting on any kind of lip colour on. It isn't particularly moisturising, but serves the purpose I use it for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Meglovesmakeup1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS! I have them in the flavours: Strawberry, Watermelon, Passionfruit,Satsuma Shimmer and Pink Guava! First off, they smell delisous! But sometimes if I get fed up of using it at school everyday (which I do) I like to use my lightly apple scented vaseline when I go to bed. I dont know about other people but the product stays quite well on my lips (If I havent licked it off already!) And since im quite young, its fun to share them with my friends (I know not that hyginic but I only share with my besties!) The packaging is really sturdy and the lid with the shape of the fruit is really sweet and cute. Also I thought I might just put this in, my birthday is soon and im having a sleepover and my mum got loads of them to put in goodie bags! Last is the price: I think they are very reasnable with the priceing, a pot is either 2.50p or 3.00 pounds, but I got a set of 3 for four pounds whick I thought was a good deal! I also saw the pack of I cant remeber how much lipbalms (but there was quite a few) for 10 pounds which was a chruistmas set. I think Ive saidenough so I really reomend this product and hope to get lots of other flavours in the future! Thanks for reading!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by stls

I have no idea why I keep purchasing these- since I don't use them. Well, I guess the fragrance is attractive (I have the strawberry, satsuma, cranberry and golden apple)
I don't think it works as a lip balm- it performs rather as a lipgloss (a not long lasting!) in terms of sheer colour and shine.
Recently I realised that I haven't used them for years- so I scooped the product to use the containers (I only kept the golden apple one since the scent is unique and reminds me of holidays)
Two lippies for the delicious scent and the fact that (if you end up using it) you get a lot of product in the pot.
For me it doesn't worth it after all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by TutakPrime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

includes a lot of product inside and would last you a long time <3 it does moisturize your lips and gives a little shines, the only problem i have is the packaging, it's kinda hard to get the product out if you have long nails like mine :<

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by allthelittlethings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is perfect to for just chucking in your bag and refreshing your lips throughout the day. Although I think there are a lot of better products for moisturising your lips this one leaves them glossy with a hint of colour. They also smell nice!