The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/15/2012 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This lip balm is nothing special. The smell is nice, but it is very sticky and it dries out my lips. Also dont like little pots for lip products, prefer the stick form.
Nothing I would like to use on a regular basis.

Ive used this product for years and years. It is truly amazing. I honestly can't say one bad thing about it. It isn't sticky at all, almost the consistency of vaseline. It tastes delicious, moisturizes my lips amazingly, and is the only lip gloss I've ever used that is my perfect color. Ive purchased this many many many many times... probably about 12, and I will purchase it until my dying day!

on 4/12/2012 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I probably would repurchase this for the smell and the taste. One pot will last you quite a long time. They provide a fair amount of moisture, but there are better lip balms out there. My favourite would be mango followed by raspberry (which smells and tastes like red licorice).

on 3/6/2012 10:47:00 AM

I would never buy any more lipbalms from the body shop. they all tend to make my lips chapped, leaving them feeling a bit flaky for the entire day. But the body lotions and shower gels are of exception. They're great :)

on 3/4/2012 5:18:00 AM

I always buy the strawberry one. I've been using this lip balm since 8th grade. It has the nicest smell. Very yummy.

on 2/12/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

These do not work that well for me. I have the watermelon and have been using it consistently as a nightly balm, but when I wake up my lips are still dry. Have been using it for awhile, because I hate for it to go to waste, but I think I am going to switch to something else.

I agree with some of the other reviews, it is almost like a tinted lip balm and not moisturizing or buttery enough for me to use so much, for a tint of color it might work and it wasn't expensive, but it is not what I was looking for at all.

on 1/31/2012 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautifully presented, lovely scent (I have the pink guava) and the pinky sheen is flattering. Unfortunately, that's where the positives stop, though. I found this product almost 'evaporates' far too quickly following application and leaves my lips very dry and uncomfortable. Certainly not buying it again.

on 12/7/2011 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i received this as a gift in Strawberry - i was hoping that it might be a tinted lip balm but on me, it doesn't show any colour. not as moisturizing as other balms i've tried and not a fan of lip products in tubs.

on 12/7/2011 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was given the raspberry, satsuma and passionberry flavours and I absolutely love them! They are really smooth and they moisturise your lips really well.
The Body Shop is a favourite brand of mine and I would certainly buy them again

on 11/23/2011 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

(Rasberry) Im working now but I've used this product since I was in 6th grade! yup2x im crazy about lip stuff since 12. back then the pigmentation is great. it gave me a hint of healthy natural pink with gloss and it would leave my lips supple and smooth too. then eventually I noticed that the tint got lighter. it would also leave my lips a tad bit dry. i dont think it's aging that's causing this (LOL). i mean, im only 22 and i dont smoke or drink or whatever that might affect my skin or lips. idk. maybe they changed the formula? BUT the scent! oooh smells like candy paradise. people around me would notice the delicious scent. the scent kept me buying and it brings me back to the good old days where disney channel actually featured good shows. (hehe)

Popular Lip Treatments