E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492 CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 9/20/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have used Nars Laguna bronzer for 10 years. While I will never be able to completely give up my beloved Nars, this ELF bronzer is probably the best drugstore bronzer I have found (and I have tried Milani, Rimmel and some others) and I am pretty impressed. This bronzer is very pigmented and you have to use a very light hand and blend. The St Lucia bronzer is also darker than the Nars Laguna on my NC30 skin (medium olive) I also found that when I tried to apply in my car mid day- it didn't work (stuck to my t zone and didnt blend) but when I tried it in the morning with a fresh face, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between this and my Nars! Amazing. I didn't care for the blush though, it was a little too light. Overall, this is the best economical bronzer I have found. I will definitely use this on and off with my Nars- maybe wear this for work days and save the Nars for special days!

on 9/10/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this product. It's only $3 and definitely one of the better ELF products (They can be a total hit or miss) Its a knock off of a NARS product and it truly gets the job done. The bronzer is great for contouring and the Shimmery pink blush is a great highlighter.

on 9/8/2014 8:20:00 PM

The blush isn't pigmented enough. The bronzer is fine -- it has a very warm tone and not much shimmer. The most exciting thing about this is really the compact, which feels expensive and has a great mirror.

on 8/29/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like the shades in this duo compacts but they all look orangy on my skin, blush and bronzer.
I am not a fan of the shimmer in them either.
If the shades looked more like what they are swatched and were not as glittery I would probably try again but for now I will sterr clear of this. I do purchase them for my sister for the blush shades as she is lighter skin toned and they work ok for her. She is also younger so I think the glitter looks cute on her.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is amazing. And for three dollars, you can't afford to NOT use it. Go to walmart, or whatever your local drugstore is called, or heck, even www.eyeslipsface.com and go buy this. I have three different bronzers, and three different highlighters and my absolute favorites are from e.l.f. Go buy this. you won't regret it.

At first, it looks wayyyyy shimmery. It's not. The blush is. But the bronzer isn't I think it adds a little bit of radiance but not much to really notice. I feel like it brightens my whole look. This product is a must have!

St.Lucia duo is fabulous and dirt cheap. Blush is shimmery, bronzer is not. Good amount of pigmentation. Need one touch up on average whenever I reach for it. Not bad at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this product so much and use both the blush and bronzer every single day! So affordable, and cruelty free is always a plus for me. Home run for E.L.F on this one!

on 8/22/2014 1:51:00 AM

I am a pretty big fan of this product! I heard that it was a dupe for the NARS Laguna and Orgasm bronzer/blush duo, so that was why I tried it. And it's really close, I was shocked. The color didn't last me the entire school day (from 7:45- 2:30) but it only needed a teeny tiny touch up around lunch time, but seriously I got this for $3.49, you can't beat that price.

on 8/19/2014 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

First I wanna say that I don't really contour my face , but I do like to contour my nose ,
I have a pretty small flat nose & I don't have much of a nose bridge , So I like to contour my nose to bring my nose bridge out a little more .
I never been the type to contour with " powder " I prefer liquids and creams because I feel like they look more natural ..
BUT WHEN I TRIED THIS DUO kit .. I fell in love .. I literally fell in love and I was actually more impressed with elf .
The contouring / bronzing powder for this duo is amazing and natural looking and very pigmented! And the blush is beautiful ( I got the St Lucia duo kit ) , The blush is a nice peach-ish gold-ish shade . Very pretty and it's pigmented but not as pigmented as the contour / bronzing shade , WHICH I LOVE , Because I DISLIKE accidentally putting too much blush on , so the blush not being extra pigmented is good in my opinion .
People often compare the " Elf Duo contour , blush & bronzing kit " to the " Nars Laguna duo Contouring & blush kit " which they are very much alike especially in packaging . However the shades are slightly different , the contour / bronzing shade in the Nars duo kit which is called " Laguna " is more of a dark golden shade , and the Contour / bronzing shade in the " Elf St Lucia Duo Kit " is more of gold mixed with a dark bronzey shade . And the blush in the Nars duo kit which is called " Orgasm " is more of a pinkish gold-ish shade , while the blush In the " Elf St Lucia duo " is more of a Peach-ish Gold-ish shade . I will upload a picture of a comparison of the " Elf vs Nars " duo kit swatches
( someone else's picture ) .
Anyways the St Lucia kit is great ! And just as pigmented as the nars kit , I def recommend it! And ladies be careful it's very easy to be heavy handed with the Contouring / bronzing shade so try not to get too much on the brush . Oh & looking at the bronzing shade it looks shimmery however as you can see in this picture

---> http://i59.tinypic.com/ku42e.jpg ( i only contoured around my nose )

----> http://oi60.tinypic.com/o0g0g.jpg ( Elf Vs Nars Swatch Comparison )

i will also upload the picture in the gallery for this product those are just links to
the pictures for a close up view .

the shimmer is not strong which I love makes it look more natural . I use this duo kit every day and sometimes il use a cream contour and use the contouring shade in this duo kit to set it . Overall this product is amazing , the price is great and the quality is great too .. I plan on purchasing all of them however the St Lucia is my favorite due to the " Peach looking blush " love the way it looks on my skin in the picture it's not too noticeable because I didn't really put much on in the picture.

but for the most part this " elf duo kit " is AMAZING , blends easy and smoothly , Long lasting , beautiful packaging comes with a big mirror as well which is a plus .

on 8/18/2014 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this product is okay. packaging and price is great. the actual blush and bronzer though are not nearly pigmented enough for me. Wouldn't purchase again but it's not the worst I've ever used either.

Video Reviews & Tutorials