September 23, 2014 | 1829 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Pure Blends Lip Gloss - All Shades

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ciat

OMG this stuff tastes like the worst chemical ever made! It looked so pretty in the tube. I was looking for a small lip tinted moisturizer to carry in my purse. The instant I put this on I couldn't wait to wipe it off and go brush my teeth. It tastes terrible. So disappointing as I like most of Almays products Although it seems like the 18 hour eyeliner they make must have been changed. It seems to flake and irritates my eyes. Well just don't waste your money on this lip tint

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by sparklingemz104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well i got this packaged with another pure blends product, i guess it was the liquid foundation. the color is really pretty; i cant remember its name but i know that its a coppery color... but it tastes like stale olive oil, and i really cant get over that. if salad tastes like that, maybe i can accept it, since whatever, its food and it can, but not a lipgloss. esp not when there are so many good tasting lip glosses out there. thank god it was a freebie since i wouldve been upset to actually spend money on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by anupriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i liked all the pure blend line of makeup so i tot that this would a really nice and natural looking lipgloss but i am disappointed with it. the shade is quite good but the smell is hard to ignore. At first i just thought tat i got the one on clearance so it probably was old but my friend last week got a new one , i am assuming that since she paid the full price and she said the same . so for those with sensitive nose , stay away from it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess I am relatively alone in liking this product. Reading others reviews, I smelled the product and definitely agree that it smells like a hardware store/more specifically, cardboard. It really doesn't bother me, but I can see how it would be troubling to most. I like it because of the color, mainly. It goes well alone or over a lipstick, the pinkish hue is very flattering. I'm sure there are pink glosses that don't smell like cardboard and are less gooey (the consistency is not ideal). I wouldn't buy it again probably but I still wear it often enough. Also, I don't know if it's just the one I got, but it is VERY hard to get out of the tube, I have to squeeze it so hard.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by kciolli

I purchased this in 'petal' for 50%, and I'm so thankful I didn't pay full price. The first thing I noticed was that there was an awful, impossible to avoid smell which reminds me of either being in home depot or smelling decaying olive oil. Neither are very nice things for a lip gloss to smell like, especially in such pretty packaging. Once I looked past the horrible smell and actually tried it, it came out as nothing but a thin, oily, color-less film on my lips. Even after reading the other reviews and squeezing out the excess clear gloss to see the color, there was still hardly any color to speak of. Plus, the taste of the lip gloss was repulsive, almost worse than the smell! Horrible. Save your money; don't even buy it on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by NewRibena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this gloss that I recently picked up at a CVS sale. It failed me horribly. I hated everything about it. It smelled and tasted yucky - it was gritty and I was not impressed with the color. I cannot attest for the staying power as I immediately wiped it off and added it to my "Fail" pile. At least I did not pay alot for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OK, I honestly laughed when I opened this tube of gloss. It was on clearance so I kind of expected that clear part that comes out first when gloss hasn't been used for a while, but after I finished getting that out, the smell hit me. I am currently building a new house and the smell made me feel like I was buying lumber from the local hardware store. Cracked me up. The color, Petal, was pretty enough and I liked the way it looked but it really is only so-so and that smell...yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by funkameleon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the nastiest lip gloss ever! Disgusting smell and taste! Color and texture are fine, but I can't wear it because it grosses me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ulaxoxo

Two bucks at CVS so you can't beat the price. Color is great too but damn this stuff smells PUTRID. Like cardboard. I was wondering if it was expired. Plus when I opened the thing I had to squeeze out practically an entire teaspoon of greasy goo. Two bucks terribly spent -.-

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This was clearanced at CVS so I decided to go for it. It looks great on me, feels pretty decent, but at the same time (as a dozen have already stated), it smells really weird. I swear it smells like particle board, aka the cheap cardboard that my dresser is made of. Honest. Not how a gloss should smell, but it does look nice on. I have really red pigmented lips, and this gives them a glossy paler look, not streaky or messy looking. And I did have the problem of separation- when I first opened it, I had to squeeze out a bit before I got to the actual colored gloss. I may return it cause for me to keep a gloss it has to do 2 things: look great on, and smell/taste tolerable. Sooo it may go back, even if I did spend 2 bucks on it!