Laura Geller Real Deal Full Coverage Cream Concealer

4.1

All shades may contain:Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Isohexadecane, Diisopropyl Adipate, Calcium Carbonate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax, Dextrin Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Bisabolol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ultramarines.

on 6/21/2012 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Concealer?? Concealer??? I DON'T NEED NO stinking concealer!!!!
That's what you'll be able to say if you use Laura Geller's Real Deal concealer. Granted this is heavy duty stuff, and as most reviewers have stated, a little goes a very long way. I bought this from QVC after seeing the reviews on it.

When you receive it you kind of wonder what you paid for, as the product runs in the $20 range. However, once you see how very little you need for a very good amount of coverage you realize this little tube will last a very long time. I picked up the light shade which is good for my NC15 skintone. A pinhead will cover small blemishes and I use a teeny bit more than that mixed with eye illuminator (EL) to cover my dark circles. At first it is scary, because it looks very heavy, the trick is to let it "cook", or warm into the skin. Apply it and go do something for a minute or two and when you look back in the mirror, you'll wonder where it went. Honestly, it's like it melds into the skin and just makes you look flawless. I don't know what she did to make this, but she got it right.

Packaging is a small flatish tube with a flip top. The opening is very small on purpose so you don't squeeze out a ton, because you need so very little to get good coverage.

Pricey, but well worth the $$.

on 6/12/2012 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think concealer is one of those products that is very difficult to formulate well. The Real Deal is just about as close to perfection as I can hope to find. I use the medium in summer, and light in winter, each looking very natural and pairing well with her foundation or tinted moisturizer. For under the eyes, I mix a pinhead amount (seriously, that's all you need) with a little Spackle primer before application, tap it in and set with powder. It looks very natural and lasts all day. Doesn't cake or settle into my fine lines. Mixing it with the primer seems to be the trick to using underneath the eyes. It's also great as an eyeshadow primer, and to cover up areas on the face that need more coverage, like around the nose and on the chin. It's very versatile and one tube will last me a whole year. Highly recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is some serious concealer! I recieved it in the "Laura Geller 6pc Real Deal Arsenal" shown on QVC in Feb.2012. This is by far my favorite product from her line (of the 11 or so products I've tried thus far) & is definately the best concealer I've ever used.
I have fair, warm skin (for reference I'm just a hair lighter than NC15 in MAC, and mixing Ivory + Buff in Revlon CS is my perfect fndtn match.)
I use the "Fair" shade of this concealer. I also have AWFUL undereye circles that I've had for as long as I can remember - genetics? :(
So it is very hard for me to find one product that completely gets rid of these bad boys under my eyes but this stuff totally DOES :) Usually I need to mix a corrector with a concealer but this works alone with ease.
Not only does it cover well, It manages to do so without looking cakey, or causing dryness/flakies, which is a problem I've had with many under eye concealers in the past.
You can also use this for covering any acne or scars. Like for example I also get occasional facial hives and actually had a large inflamed hive on my nose not long ago- I applied just a *dab* of this and it wasn't even slightly noticeable. This really rocks my world and is the definition of Holy Grail to me ;D
It is a bit expensive (for someone like me, currently not working and on a budget) As I said I received this in a gift set that was around $30-40 if I recall correctly? The concealer alone is around $25 for a small tube. But I've found that a little goes a long way (LITERALLY. Just a half-pea size amount is enough for both under eyes) So I'm hoping to not have to repurchase for quite some time(Even though I do *definately* plan to repurchase when I run out)
I would also reccomend this for those of you looking to cover things like spider veins, large scars, whether they be on the face or body because of how heavy duty it is while remaining natural looking.
5 lippies all the way!

Holy frikkin perfection!! This is one amazing product!
I tried ordering an LG sampler set and this was in it...I'd been wanting to try LG for a while but didn't want the commitment to a full-size anything. I'd heard great things about this concealer but was unprepared for how great it really is!
I love that the flip-top seals so none of the product gets dried out and crunchy..great design there!
The tiniest amount is all you need for perfect eyes. I have very pale skin and darkness around the inner corners of my eyes and that damn blue vein thing us pale-faces have going on.lol And this product covers all that, lightens and brightens the area without looking fake or heavy. OMG! I'm totally impressed!
I've been using it during the day off and on to touch up when I'm tired and my makeup has migrated south(lol) and it works like a charm...instantly fresh and bright.
She wasn't kidding when she called this the Real Deal...this is so far the best concealing concealer I've ever used!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I use this daily to cover my under eye area and a blue vein under one eye. It works very well and stays on all day when set with powder. I usually apply a tiny dot of the product on my hand and warm it up a bit with my finger, then apply it with a patting motion. After this I set with Laura Geller Balance n Brighten powder using a brush. I continue with my makeup and check for creasing after 5 minutes or so. If it is in the lines under my eyes I smooth with a brush and apply a bit more Balance n Brighten. By the time I finish my face the concealer is set for a long day. Give it a try.

on 4/12/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

So the color selection sucks but I found a way to make it work for me. On clean skin it is totally obvious but if you apply some sort of base it seems to blend well. And I would probably not recommend this Concealer for those with lines/wrinkles because it does settle. You really do need very little, like the littlest amount phisically possible per spot. I haven't had any irritations from this product and my skin is very clog prone. I also have been mixing a little dab of this Concealer with my regular moisturizer and got a great, clean and natural looking coverage all over my face without any irritation (I absolutely loath tms and BB creams because they seem to all have some sort of shimmer and while it looks nice it also causes my skin to get bumpy clogs over time)

on 4/2/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is good for blemishes. I find that if you try to use this under your eyes it's to thick and settles into fine lines. The color I got in medium deep was way too orange and over time it got more and more orange month after month. The good thing is that you only need a tiny bit to cover acne spots and dark spots. Also if you dont like scented concealers this wouldnt be good because it smells like paint. Hope this helped :)

on 3/23/2012 7:30:00 PM

so i've been meaning to write a review about this product for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it. this morning i misplaced this concealer, and started freaking out. tbh, when i misplace something i use almost every day, i do freak out, but since this product is only available online (this is what i've heard..lol), i double freaked. this is a good concealer. i wouldn't call it great, but it gets the job done. let me start with what i don't like. sometimes it accentuates dry areas (so if you're trying to cover a pimple, it can be difficult), so make sure your face is primed or moisturized. i also don't like the packaging because some of the product gets all over the lid, and that's such a waste :/ i also wish there was more of a color range, but i'm a NC25 in mac, and light matches well enough for me. i also don't like that you have to shake it before applying, so it does not get waterry (now i'm just nit-picking lol). but when you're in a rush, having a to shake a concealer can be a nuisance.
so onto the good things..when i first received this, i thought that $20 was xpensive for such a small concealer, but you need very little, and i'm sure this will last you a yr even if you're using it every day. that's how pigmented it is. i use this concealer with summer bisque, just like emilynoel on ytube (i'm prob one of her biggest fans haha), and the lasting power is amazing. it doesn't last all day, but close to it, and i have veryyyy oily skin. i don't say that statement lightly. i really hope i find this concealer, otherwise i'm definitely buying a laura geller kit with this included because i have not found a concealer that works as well as this : )

on 3/9/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It covers great but feels SO unfomforable on my skin. It's very thick and oily and settles into every fine line. It smears right off and the fairest shade looked orange on me.

on 3/4/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i've repurchased real deal concealer several times. haven't found better all-day coverage for my dark under eye circles anywhere, which says a lot since i'm a beauty product junkie! it offers fantastic coverage and smooth blending.

my only two gripes are that the medium deep shade is kinda dark for me in the winter (so i can only use it around my eyes unless i have a tan), but medium is WAY too light on my olive skin any time of year. also, this concealer definitely settles into the lines under my eyes throughout the day -- i combat that by patting eye cream on before & after applying, as well as mid day to refresh. to be fair, i have dry skin, VERY dry in cold weather, you may not have the same issue with cakiness if your skin is normal/combo/oily..."