November 23, 2014 | 2018 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Used this mascara for about 2 weeks, left my normally long and curled lashes spindly and clumped. Threw it out and won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had heard a lot of good things about this mascara on YouTube so when I saw it on clearance at the drugstore, I picked it up. I expected great things from this mascara and I was disappointed unfortunately. Honestly, I didn't find that it really curled my lashes. I still found myself reaching for my eyelash curler to get the effect that I wanted. Also, this mascara often clumped my lashes together. I had to put a lot of effort into getting the wand to actually separate my lashes due to the shape of the wand. This also made my lashes very brittle and hard. I guess I've just gotten use to mascara formulas that leave your lashes somewhat soft. The last straw was how it flakes throughout the day. This is definitely not the worst mascara I've tried, but it's not in my top 10 either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

tried and threw it away

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by kittyxwong

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. On the positive side, it held my curl, but I found the unique mascara head, with its triple "spikey-balls", difficult to control and did only an adequate job in coating my lashes. This was probably due to the fact that the rubber bristles were super short and stubby. It made me have spider lashes every single time too.

In addition, at the end of the night, it tended to flake off and I could see black bits on my face. I wear contacts and I found that my eyes were irritated when I wore this mascara. It also burned my eyes when I cried once with it on (no contacts).

The biggest downfall was the actual formula: it was wet to the point it was goopy and when it finally dried on my lashes, it left them brittle and dry - even after removing it later. I feel like this mascara had some long term drying effects on my eye lashes too.

I tried it again when the formula had dried a little to see if it would help with the clumping, but it didn't. I ended up throwing it away before it could do any more damage to my eyelashes. I bought it on sale for $4.99CAD so it wasn't a big loss, but this is the first and only mascara I have ever thrown out because of strong dislike.

Won't be repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Klahannah

This is my favorite drug store mascara. It is actually a really good mascara for the price. It does of fabulous job of separating and lengthening the lashes. I find that it gives almost no volume however. Although when I use this mascara as my base to separate and lengthen the lashes then add a coat of Diorshow for extra volume it is amazing. I would purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by hoijacque27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

never but this again
it doesn't hold curls even after i used the lash curler b4 hand. after applying this, it actually dragged my lashes downward n if you applied it couple more times , it clump n the end of the lashes actually curve inward towards your eyeball......

after 3-4 tried on this , i decided to throw it away instead of giving it more chances to disappoint me in the future

i was luck that i got it when it went on sale, .....but still.....i would prefer if i get a free sample of the bad mascara b4 i even pay a dime on this product

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ilovemarilyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the formula of this mascara. I love the brush. I love how long it makes my lashes. I love how it doesn't clump. The only thing I don't love is how it flakes off by the end of the day. If only it didn't leave flakes of mascara under my eyes. This usually only happens by the end of the day, but still. I will say that it does not do anything for volume. It's more of a natural-looking lengthening mascara, which I like for everyday. But because of the flaking off I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

Well, I have a love/hate feeling with this mascara. I have straight, point down lashes that all I want to find is a mascara hold the crul. I definitely enjoy it when I am too lazy to use eyelash cruler because It somehow crul my lashes to the point the it is not straight down and a nice decent visible lashes for not using cruler. But I hate it because when I want a little bit more and use my beloved tarte eyelash cruler to crul my lashes, it draw it down to that "sexy cruve" just like I didn't crul my lashes. will not repurches.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually really shocked at the bad reviews here!

I think this mascara is really great for the price. I found it on sale for $8 (Australian, almost the same as USD).
It's not a wet mascara, which I really like, and it has plastic bristles, which I am also a big fan of in a mascara.
The wand has this really interesting contour to it that makes it really easy to get the very inner and very outer lashes (a big plus!).
It gives really great curl and length for a short-bristled, dry formulated mascara.

However, the reason for not giving it five lippies is because;

1. The regular retail price is around 16 - 20 dollars (I think...well, it's certainly more than 8 dollars anyway)

2. It can get 'spidery' with too much layering (although I see that in alot of mascaras, so it's not a big deal to me)

3. It doesn't really add that much volume.

However, the lengthening, separating and curling qualities are great for a drugstore product. Definitely plan to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

This mascara gives me spider lashes every single time, without fail!
The brush is one of those rubbery ones, which doesn't bother me at all and in fact I seem to prefer rubber bristles.
However, the bristles on this brush are SO short, that they can't seem to be able to catch and separate my lashes at all, or add length.
The curved shape of the brush (think the humps on a camel's back) makes things worse I think and adds to the spider lash effect. Needless to say there is no volume either.
The one thing I will say is that it does hold a decent curl to my lashes, but it is in no way sexy! More like a bunch of lashes clumped together with an added bend to them.
YUCK all round.