April 17, 2014 | 1966 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually really shocked at the bad reviews here!

I think this mascara is really great for the price. I found it on sale for $8 (Australian, almost the same as USD).
It's not a wet mascara, which I really like, and it has plastic bristles, which I am also a big fan of in a mascara.
The wand has this really interesting contour to it that makes it really easy to get the very inner and very outer lashes (a big plus!).
It gives really great curl and length for a short-bristled, dry formulated mascara.

However, the reason for not giving it five lippies is because;

1. The regular retail price is around 16 - 20 dollars (I think...well, it's certainly more than 8 dollars anyway)

2. It can get 'spidery' with too much layering (although I see that in alot of mascaras, so it's not a big deal to me)

3. It doesn't really add that much volume.

However, the lengthening, separating and curling qualities are great for a drugstore product. Definitely plan to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

This mascara gives me spider lashes every single time, without fail!
The brush is one of those rubbery ones, which doesn't bother me at all and in fact I seem to prefer rubber bristles.
However, the bristles on this brush are SO short, that they can't seem to be able to catch and separate my lashes at all, or add length.
The curved shape of the brush (think the humps on a camel's back) makes things worse I think and adds to the spider lash effect. Needless to say there is no volume either.
The one thing I will say is that it does hold a decent curl to my lashes, but it is in no way sexy! More like a bunch of lashes clumped together with an added bend to them.
YUCK all round.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-waterproof
-doesn't clump

Cons:
-hard, brittle lashes
-NO volume

Overall, this product is OK. It's not bad, it's not fabulous, it's just okay. I hate that this mascara gives me no volume and makes my eyelashes brittle and hard. It's worth a try if you're bored or tired of your current mascara, but L'Oreal's Voluminous Carbon Black in Waterproof beats this mascara as top dog in my make-up arsenal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I look for 3 things in a mascara, in this order: 1. Holds a curl 2. Lengthens and 3. Volumizes. This mascara definitely holds a curl and lengthens, but did nothing for volume. It did clump a bit, probably due to the weird shape of the wand. I found it performed similar to the Kiss Me Volumize and Curl mascara, but without the wand drama and the having to use a lash comb. For about the same price. Thus, would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't really curve my lashes. Does nothing it says and it doesn't have much consistency to make my lashes stand out. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by jessadores

I bought this mascara for mainly 2 reasons, the first was because it was on clearance at CVS and the second reason is because Rimmel's lash accelerator mascara is my all time favorite (thus far). Well it turned out to be very average, I didn't hate it, but was glad I only paid a few bucks for it. It didn't really clump on me which was a plus, but it also did not add much and the wand does poke a little. I will definitely not re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

this is a great mascara - it lengthens and volumises really nicely. for such an affordable price, i'd highly suggest giving it a go.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by asdfghjklnicah

two words: SPIDER LASHES

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

ugh. i am starting to hate mascara. i hated this when i first used it, it went on too think, made my lashes look spidery, and looked clumpy. however, i tried wiping the wand off on the top of the mascara before applying it, and this helped a lot. it really does appear to lengthen my lashes, and gives them a fake look. it doesn't seem to flake, some does transfer to the area the top of my lashes touch on my brow bone, but i guess that's to be expected. i wear contacts and this does seem to irritate my eyes a bit, but everything does. i probably wouldn't repurchase, and this is a little much for me to wear to work (better for a night out), but overall its okay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this several months ago when CVS had their big beauty clearance. I'm always on the hunt for a new mascara and have tried 40 or so in the last 4 years. The packaging for this mascara is cute and the brush is unique, though I find the spikes of rubber to be a little scratchy, like the last CG mascara I tried. The color is a dark black and the formula seems a little wet. It tends to give a somewhat clumpy look rather than a super full and/or defined look. One coat is plenty, two or more guarantees spider lashes. It doesn't smudge or flake but to me it's just an average mascara. I prefer loads of volume and a less scratchy brush. I probably wouldn't repurchase.