October 22, 2014 | 2116 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sophiamolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I liked this set. I love how Ecotools stepped their game up in affordable vegan brushes. I could care less about the packaging since that's not what I'm going to be using. It was a reasonable price for products that don't show any shedding, it's also soft. I use the crease brush as a concealer brush more than the concealer brush itself since using the crease brush will give me an even undereye color that'll blend with my foundation. I use the blush brush to blend out blush colors or I use it to apply setting powders. I just used the mini kabuki brush today and it provided me with an even application with my mineral foundation. Usually, synthetic brushes just swirl products around on your face without really doing its job of blending- but this seems to be a winner. I would buy this brush set again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes. They are soft and fluffy and are great quality for synthetic brushes. I have had this set for a year now and they are still in wonderful condition. I wash them often and have found that they do not smell funny, lose hairs or become brittle after many washes as other brushes do. The bristles still have the same spring and fullness as when I first got them. The only thing I was not crazy about was the packaging...but I keep them standing in a cup anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These brushes are just wonderful. I'm especially obsessed with the fluffy crease blending brush in this set, both for softening and blending shadow, but especially for applying concealer under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Itsmeellep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These brushes are so soft and work better than expensive brushes I purchased ar Sephora. The application with this brush is so even. Love these, just hate the crappy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These brushes are wonderful! They are all incredibly soft, and I personally think they are better than the Bare Minerals brushes my sister and cousin had. The eco-friendly bag the set comes with I think is complete garbage, but that doesn't bother me too much. Overall, well worth the money, and, if you can get them on sale, you would get a great deal.
I plan on purchasing all the different types of brushes they have. You just can't go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by cinnamongingersnaps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Like everyone else here I found the brushes of good quality, soft and easy to clean. My favourite brush from this set is the blush brush.
Blush Brush - Deposits just the right amount of blush and is easy to apply and blend the blusher. I use a a pigmented powder blush (Lancome Pink Splash) which needs to be applied with a light hand, so far this blush brush beats the MAC 163 Stippling Brush for this pigmented blush. When I use this Ecotools brush, I don't have to be as careful and light with my hand when I apply the blush because the shape is contoured and more suitable to apply a powder blush with. With the Mac 163, it tends to get a bit more product on my face.

Mini Kabuki Brush - This is a small and handy sized brush for travel. I use it for loose powder and for buffing extra powder off my face. As a powder foundation brush, this is not very useful because its a mini brush and is too small to cover the entire face. But still, I think for travel purposes, it is suffice.

Eyeshadow blending brush - A very good brush to blend out your eyeshadows and soften the lines at the crease. The shape of this brush works better for applying eyeshadows than the full sized Ecotools eyeshadow blending brush which I also own.

Concealer brush - I use my fingers for concealers usually, but this concealer brush does a good job of blending too. I also use this as an eyeshadow shader for more precise application of powder eyeshadow.

Jute pouch - At first I didn't like the smell of the pouch material, but it's a natural canvass pouch and they all smell like that. The pouch tends to catch the powder that is on the brushes, not sure if you like it that way, but I guess it keeps my blush brush from having too much product on after I used it. It can get a little messy when you've been using your brushes for some time. I've had my set for at least 6 months, and now my pouch is pinkish on the inside with powder blush.

Overall this is a great set of brushes if you are on a budget, and also if you are looking for something small and compact to bring out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this set because I was going on a trip and didn't want to lug around my full sizers around again (plus, they were more valuable), so I hit up MUA and got myself this set. First off, I gave away the short little buffer brush and the concealer brush to my younger sister, as I have no use for both (I use a different type of brush for my concealer which I will elaborate on), and I kept the powder/blush brush and eyeshadow brush for myself. The powder brush works well IF you prefer a really light application and finish, because it does not pick up powders that well. If you prefer heavier coverage I would tell you to pass on this. The biggest surprise is the eyeshadow brush; I already have travel-friendly eyeshadow brushes so I tried this for my liquid concealer. It is simply a-m-a-z-i-n-g for that purpose. It does not eat up product like my Sephora airbrush concealer brush and provides such a smooth and even application of concealer. Too bad they don't sell a full size of it. Overall, I give this set a 4 because the buffer brush is really flimsy and useless, but I absolutely adore the eyeshadow brush for concealer. Oh, and the baggy? Cute but useless unless you don't mind your brushes being squished into weird shapes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are my favorite travel brushes. I don't use the kabuki brush but take a full size kabuki with me for my mineral foundation. But the blush brush and the eye brushes are perfect for my travel needs. I love how the bristles stay soft. These are so much better than MAC travel brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Ecotools very much. They have good quality brushes for a much cheaper price than most quality brushes. I am working on extending my collection of Ecotools brushes at the moment. This brush set is great. They are so soft, and apply product smoothly. I don't use these exactly how you're supposed to. I use the fluffy powder brush as my blush brush, the kabuki as my powder/blending everything brush, the concealer brush as an under-eye concealer brush, and the blending brush as a concealer brush. They all work great, especially the powder brush and the kabuki. I love the little storage pouch, it fits all the brushes into my purse with ease (and room)!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by ShayyRawrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I am a MASSIVE Ecotools fan, I have so many of their other brushes, and love them! But this set had me thinking differently.

Okay, so I received my set of these brushes in the mail today, and at first I was quite happy, they seemed soft enough, and although the little pouch they came with was terribly designed (far too small!), they seemed good quality and all that jazz.

BUT THEN, on closer inspection I see a stray bristle on the eye shading brush. So, I pulled it out. Then I saw another. And another. And another. Until I swept my finger up one side of the bristles, towards the tip, and literally about half of the brushes bristles slid straight out of the ferule. I would rather NOT have 1000 bristles shed onto my face when doing my makeup, so I guess I'm glad I went over the brush and made sure I got all of the loose ones before I found out the hard way.

I have very sensitive skin, and from what I've tried, Ecotools are the only brushes that I can use comfortably, without an allergic reaction. The rest of the brushes in this set seem okay, they feel soft to touch, but when I brush them on my face, they're not as soft as the other Ecotools brushes I have. They're still nice though!
The 'mineral powder brush' is great for blush, and touching up mineral powder foundation, but I wouldn't use it for applying my makeup in the morning, as it's not dense enough to apply enough coverage.
The concealer brush seems okay, it applies mineral powder concealer quite well, but nothing I'd rave about.
The kabuki brush isn't very dense either, so I feel like I lose a lot of product when applying powders with this.
And, as you can imagine, I can't comment on the eye shading brush, as it only has half of it's bristles intact. :
All in all, these are nice brushes, but I can't help thinking I've received a fake set.. They're just not the same quality as the rest of my Ecotools. I've done lots of research, and apparently nobody bothers to imitate Ecotools because they're already dirt cheap. So, I guess I just got a bad batch.
I'd buy the set again, purely because I want the eye shading brush. Apparently it's great!

I think I'll ask for a few Ecotools sets for my birthday. And I'll make sure Mum gets them from Priceline, not eBay like I did. That way I'll know for sure they're the real thing, and I will do another review on those :P