Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

on 5/25/2012 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Average mascara..I'm just using it because I don't want to waste it. I can't even really tell the difference it supposedly makes for each eye colour.

It doesn't do much in terms of lengthening, volume, etc.

on 5/20/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh my. Me and exact eyelights... we've had a time. This used to be my hg, you see. Back when I was so naive, so young.

I used this for years. I for some reason loved it. But I went through my own horrible mascara stages, of when I would wear TONS and it looked like spider legs... yeah. I've obviously had my own mascara issues.

But coming back to this product now after using Maybelline's Full n Soft mascara for a while, I realize how cruddy this stuff is. Honestly, it's better than a lot of mascaras, but it's not as good as full n soft (my new hg). It's ok. My favorite thing about this mascara is (for the waterproof one) its waterproofing qualities. Man, I've never seen a more waterproof mascara. I could go swimming and it'll still be there, basically the same.

Also, this stuff flakes a little. Eh. It's just so meh. And kinda expensive.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was my first mascara. I got it when I was very young, so I didn't know it was that bad back then. But now when I look at pictures, it added no oomph what-so-ever. No volume, no length, just blackening. Plus, the gold specks in the hazel one were all over my face! I decided to go back to the store and buy it again and see if it was just because i was terrible at wearing mascara, but NOPE! Waste of my money. It did the same thing. When i tried to curl it, it just made an obvious like sending the lashes in many weird directions. I would not recommend this, because you can get better mascaras like the covergirl lengthening or volumising, or even faslies mascara for the same price. Covergirl, what were you thinking?

I have the one for hazel eyes and it seems to work very well on me, does not clump and goes on really smoothly. Using this along with the eyeliner both make my eyes pop. I love it and will definitely buy again.

on 3/4/2012 1:56:00 PM

I bought this in Black Gold because I thought it might bring out the yellow in my bluey-greeny eyes.
I was so surprised with how disappointed I was in the mascara itself, I pretty much forgot to take into account the "shimmer" factor.
For me personally, this mascara was quite literally, no exaggeration, just like using a clear gel mascara. I got zero boost, zero 'oomf', zero anything. I may as well have just painted each individual lash with liquid eyeliner.
If I liked the "no makeup" makeup look, I'd probably like this mascara. But I wear makeup to enhance my features, not blend in to the point of making no difference.
So for me, this mascara was useless. But others seem to like it so... I dunno! Just for reference, my lashes are pretty average - not short but not long, not sparse but by no means thick.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm kind of surprised at all the "eh" reviews for this product. Usually I agree with reviews because they're pretty spot-on, but I've found that I really, really love this mascara. I have hazel eyes and the wrong eye makeup can make my eyes look dull. This mascara in Black Gold is amazing! It's jet black and has gold specks in it & it's the only mascara I've tried that really makes my eyes pop. Every time I wear it someone asks what mascara I use. It can get a little clumpy, but a tiny eyebrow brush takes care of that if it happens. Overall, I give this mascara a thumbs up :)

on 2/6/2012 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this mascara, every time I wear this I seem to get compliments. I originally bought this because it was on sale at Shoppers drug mart (Canada), but i continue to purchase because I love the formula and the little bit of sparkle it gives my lashes. I have barely there, short baby lashes! This makes them look long and thick and does not clump. I have also found that I can wear it in the day and apply another coat over top in the evening easily. In my opinion, the formulation when you first purchase is perfect. Not too wet, not too dry. The only reason I give it a 4 and not a 5, the tube tends to dry out quickly and when it begins to dry out It flakes a bit towards the end of the day.

on 1/15/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is pretty bad. I bought the black pearl in waterproof for brown eyes. The color was fine, and it added some length. However, it clumped horribly if I put on more than one coat, so I couldn't try to add any volume. In fact, even one coat sometimes would clump and I would have to pull out the clumps. It wasn't hard to get off with one coat, but when I did put a few coats when I first got it, it look forever to get it all off. The only thing I that I really liked about it was the fact that it really was waterproof - it didn't smudge like the cover girl professional "waterproof" mascara I had once before.

on 1/10/2012 10:21:00 AM

I bought covergirl exact eyelights waterproof mascara in black pearl. I tried it once and then threw it out. The mascara lengthened my lashes, but it wasn't anything outstanding. The problem with the mascara is that it won't come off. I tried Rimmel eye makeup remover and vaseline, which always worked for me before. My eyelashes are thin and I don't want to lose any more trying to get mascara off. For this reason, I won't use this product again.

on 12/26/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Yuck! I paid $8 for crap! I used this once and was like, wth! Where's the sparkle? Where's the dramatic flutter? Boo! Covergirl should be ashamed of themselves for marketing such rubbish. Use it for your bottom lashes if you have to get your money's worth.

Popular Mascaras