August 27, 2014 | 1774 users online

Nail Tools - Sephora - Glass Nail File

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ValleyPrincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I use to go through a few nail files a year but I've had this for over a year and it still works just as well as the day I bought it. Also it's not too grainy, is that the word, it doesn't tear up my nails like some low quality ones do

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this nail file. I have really thick, hard nails, so I run through disposable nail files pretty quickly. I love that I can use this one over and over, simply by washing it. It never seems to get dull, either, and I've had mine for a year or so, now. Even if I have to replace it in a few years I won't mind.

It's really nice and gentle, but sturdy. One thing I despise about traditional nail files is that to file down nails quickly you need to use a coarser grain, which can crack and split nails. This one files down quickly, but leaves nails smoothed, and polished looking. There's no need for a fine grain file in addition to this one.

I think this is a great investment, that will actually save you money in the end, since you only have to buy this once. I don't think I'll ever use anything but glass nail files from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

Love, love this nail file. Files immaculately, is washable, and is surprisingly durable given it is made of glass. I've misplaced mine grrrr but will have to replace for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I almost never file my nails. When they break or get too long, I just use nail clippers, which I'm sure makes me some sort of savage. The main reason I don't use files, aside from finding them more or less redundant (all I'm doing is shaping or fixing my nails, both of which I can do with clippers), is that I don't like the way they feel (rough and scratchy; I can feel it up the bones in my fingers and it bothers me) or the way they make my nails look (they leave little pieces of nail sticking out, but that could be my technique as much as anything).

But I heard good things about glass files and how they're supposed to be different and figured for $8 it was worth a shot. If I didn't like it, I'd give it to my mom since she does file her nails and goes through emery boards like crazy. I have to say I do like this, but I'm still not completely sold on filing my nails.

Strangely enough, this file doesn't seem very gritty compared to the coarser files I'm used to but that makes it gentler on my nails (and less grating on my nerves). If you go back and forth with this file in a sawing motion like I had a tendency to do, it gives that agonizing "nails on a chalkboard" sensation, but if you go gently in one direction only it's very smooth.

All in all, I like it. It's easily the best file I've ever used and seems nice and solid (hence the rating of 4), but I'm still not converted completely and won't be giving up my clippers just yet. It would be nice if Sephora included a nicer case with a flap to close it with instead of just a plastic sleeve, but I'm not going to be carrying mine around, so it's not a huge problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by foreverfrench

I love this! I take it with me everywhere i go!
Its perfect for acrylics and just for everyday nails with out chipping polish!
and have a mentioned how long lasting it is!!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

Since this is glass, perhaps a hard case would have been better? But then they might have increased the price. I don't like that it is purple, I wanted the blue one or maybe clear (I hate purple) but this was all they had. A little expensive, but since it's a glass nail file I'll cut them a little slack. It works very well, amazingly well and doesn't leave my super soft, peeling nails a bunch of ragged edges. I'm hoping for once I may be able to grow my nails out, but if not, no loss because at least they'll always be well groomed. This nail file makes me WANT to file my nails... I loathe traditional nail files and have tried all kinds. This one is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by jadoreLeCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

at 1st i didnt think it would do much because it isnt very coarse at all, but to my surprise it does an amazing job shaping &smoothing the edges in no time. ive gotten a lot more compliments on how nice my nails look, almost as good if not better than they do at the salon. the trick is to do it in 1 direction rather than the back &forth motion with traditional files. i have thick nails and this is tough enough to get the job done when i would normally need to use 2 different files. it can cause kind of an irritating scratchy noise but when it starts to do that, jus change the angle slightly and it should stop. i really like the fact that its as good as new with a quick rinse under water, and i can see this lasting for quite awhile as long as i dont let my cats find it ^_^ the only things i would change are 1. make it double sided and 2. add a security flap to the plastic sleeve. for 8$ the packaging is crap IMO, ive had it almost slide out on me a few times, but if it ever did break id buy a new one asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a fantastic nail file! I will never again go back to regular files. This file does the job quickly and my nails are so much smoother afterwards. Lately I have been giving myself manicures and it looks like I had my nails professionally done-just like how the nail technician used to file mine. Also when she did my nails she used a glass file.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a must-have for my purse. works great on my easily-damaged nails and works as well now as it did when i got it a year ago.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the first glass nail file that I have ever purchased. I have very thick, strong nails (naturally) so a glass nail file was too gentle for them on its own. What worked best was to file nails first with a coarse file or emery board to the length and shape I wanted, then smooth the edge with this glass file. For someone with thin or weak nails, this may be the only file you would ever need. I wish it came in packaging other than a flimsy plastic sleeve, that is how most glass files are packaged, so I have to store this in a safe, high place where it isn't at risk to be sat on and snap. Also, the file is only one-sided. If it does break, or get dull - which being glass, I don't foresee happening for some time - I will purchase this again.