Sephora Glass Nail File

4.6

on 6/15/2009 4:30:00 AM

i had another glass file previous to this one (la crosse, from sally) and it was alright. i never got why it was supposedly *so* much better than a metal file. i have sorta crappy nails after biting them for 24 years of my life, but finally, they're pretty healthy. the la crosse glass file didn't seem to help lessen the breaking or the peeling for me like it did for some, so i was about ready to give up.

when i was in sephora for my birthday i saw their glass file. i was away from home, so i actually needed a file either way, so i decided to go ahead and splurge the $8 to get this one. let me tell you, my expectations weren't all that high, but WOW. i was amazed at how much better the sephora glass file was vs. the la crosse glass file. even though i go to NB nearly every day, i seriously thought that all glass files were the same. i stand corrected. sephora's glass file really is all that and a bag of chips. next time i order online or i'm in store i will definitely get a second one to go into my bag. LOVE THIS.

on 5/18/2009 6:47:00 PM

After learning that glass nail files would cause less breakage in my nails i never looked back. The glass nail file by Sephora is amazing makes my nails look fabulous!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this! I use to go through a few nail files a year but I've had this for over a year and it still works just as well as the day I bought it. Also it's not too grainy, is that the word, it doesn't tear up my nails like some low quality ones do

on 3/26/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this nail file. I have really thick, hard nails, so I run through disposable nail files pretty quickly. I love that I can use this one over and over, simply by washing it. It never seems to get dull, either, and I've had mine for a year or so, now. Even if I have to replace it in a few years I won't mind.

It's really nice and gentle, but sturdy. One thing I despise about traditional nail files is that to file down nails quickly you need to use a coarser grain, which can crack and split nails. This one files down quickly, but leaves nails smoothed, and polished looking. There's no need for a fine grain file in addition to this one.

I think this is a great investment, that will actually save you money in the end, since you only have to buy this once. I don't think I'll ever use anything but glass nail files from now on.

Love, love this nail file. Files immaculately, is washable, and is surprisingly durable given it is made of glass. I've misplaced mine grrrr but will have to replace for sure.

on 11/14/2008 5:55:00 PM

I almost never file my nails. When they break or get too long, I just use nail clippers, which I'm sure makes me some sort of savage. The main reason I don't use files, aside from finding them more or less redundant (all I'm doing is shaping or fixing my nails, both of which I can do with clippers), is that I don't like the way they feel (rough and scratchy; I can feel it up the bones in my fingers and it bothers me) or the way they make my nails look (they leave little pieces of nail sticking out, but that could be my technique as much as anything).

But I heard good things about glass files and how they're supposed to be different and figured for $8 it was worth a shot. If I didn't like it, I'd give it to my mom since she does file her nails and goes through emery boards like crazy. I have to say I do like this, but I'm still not completely sold on filing my nails.

Strangely enough, this file doesn't seem very gritty compared to the coarser files I'm used to but that makes it gentler on my nails (and less grating on my nerves). If you go back and forth with this file in a sawing motion like I had a tendency to do, it gives that agonizing "nails on a chalkboard" sensation, but if you go gently in one direction only it's very smooth.

All in all, I like it. It's easily the best file I've ever used and seems nice and solid (hence the rating of 4), but I'm still not converted completely and won't be giving up my clippers just yet. It would be nice if Sephora included a nicer case with a flap to close it with instead of just a plastic sleeve, but I'm not going to be carrying mine around, so it's not a huge problem for me.

I love this! I take it with me everywhere i go!
Its perfect for acrylics and just for everyday nails with out chipping polish!
and have a mentioned how long lasting it is!!!! :)

Since this is glass, perhaps a hard case would have been better? But then they might have increased the price. I don't like that it is purple, I wanted the blue one or maybe clear (I hate purple) but this was all they had. A little expensive, but since it's a glass nail file I'll cut them a little slack. It works very well, amazingly well and doesn't leave my super soft, peeling nails a bunch of ragged edges. I'm hoping for once I may be able to grow my nails out, but if not, no loss because at least they'll always be well groomed. This nail file makes me WANT to file my nails... I loathe traditional nail files and have tried all kinds. This one is a keeper.

on 1/22/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

at 1st i didnt think it would do much because it isnt very coarse at all, but to my surprise it does an amazing job shaping &smoothing the edges in no time. ive gotten a lot more compliments on how nice my nails look, almost as good if not better than they do at the salon. the trick is to do it in 1 direction rather than the back &forth motion with traditional files. i have thick nails and this is tough enough to get the job done when i would normally need to use 2 different files. it can cause kind of an irritating scratchy noise but when it starts to do that, jus change the angle slightly and it should stop. i really like the fact that its as good as new with a quick rinse under water, and i can see this lasting for quite awhile as long as i dont let my cats find it ^_^ the only things i would change are 1. make it double sided and 2. add a security flap to the plastic sleeve. for 8$ the packaging is crap IMO, ive had it almost slide out on me a few times, but if it ever did break id buy a new one asap!

on 1/21/2008 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is such a fantastic nail file! I will never again go back to regular files. This file does the job quickly and my nails are so much smoother afterwards. Lately I have been giving myself manicures and it looks like I had my nails professionally done-just like how the nail technician used to file mine. Also when she did my nails she used a glass file.

Top Rated Nail Tools