December 22, 2014 | 1632 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by missind33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like most of the reviewers here, I have natural redness primarily on my cheeks. I used to wear tinted moisturizers and the redness would always seep through. I've tried more full coverage foundations, and even that didn't work. I was recommended by a MUA to try this, I also tested the smashbox green one and the finished texture turned me off. Well, I can say I did not notice a single difference. I would recomend taking a sample before buying the whole thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by saidah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This works ok. The best green primer for my oily skin is the green mineral powder primer from Everyday Minerals, however I can't wear that under liquid foundation. Because I don't wear mineral powder foundation in the winter, I had to find something that would work under liquid foundation. I think this does make a difference with my really red cheeks. However, if I use it every day on my T-zone it breaks me out. Not sure why because it's supposed to be oil free. If I avoid the forehead and chin, it works fairly well. I think it should work better for the price, however.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, reddish undertones, early 30s.

I was thinking, this is sooo cool, Green primer to even out my redness. For a few days, I would do half face w/ green, half w/ another primer or none at all...never noticed a difference in coloring at all as related to primer (so leave it to the foundation to do its job).

The texture is more of a moisturizer, unlke other primers I've used with the more velvetly feel. I would of rated 3 if this was a plain white primer as it's decent, but 2 as green doesn't seem to do anything at all except pysch you out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

I was undecided between this and the Smashbox's primer in green. I went to the nearest Sephora and asked for a sample of this. I didn't ask for a sample of the Smashbox primer because the lousy Sales Assistant gave me a dirty look.

Though turned off with the Sales Assistant's lousy attitude, I was glad that I managed to try this one out. Upon application of this primer, I noted that it goes on light and translucent. The green in this product is not opaque and blends into the skin. I thought to myself, thank goodness I didn't buy it.

But I was wrong, little did I expect myself to run to the store the very next day to buy the full sized bottle.

After application, I waited a few minutes for it to settle into my skin before I apply my Dior 4x control powder. The powder melted into my skin and covered all the redness which the powder didn't had the ability to on its own. A few hours on, my makeup still remained fresh and nice despite the oiliness on my face.

I tried it with my MAC pro longwear liquid foundation and Clinique's Superfit over the next few days, it didn't perform so well with liquid foundation however, I noted that the makeup stayed on longer than usual.

I would definitely repurchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by die4beauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I get really bright red cheeks and red patches on my face sometimes so I purchased this green primer a while ago and I was really excited to try it out because the sales woman that sold it to me said that it would pretty much get rid of my bright red face. But sadly this was not the case. When I put it on it dried and tightened my skin so much i could hardly move! But even worse, it turned my face a yellowy-green color and didn't blend in at all and I STILL had bright red cheeks. The green smashbox primer is pretty much exactly the same. I couldn't use this at all and I gave it to my mom to try it and it did the same thing to her. This was a total waist of money for me and I wouldn't buy it again. The only thing that's really helped with my redness that I could recommend is a redness reduction primer from MAC and a really good coverage foundation...and also using a really good cleanser and toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by spf30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am constantly on the look out for products which can tone down redness - a kind of obsession I must admit! I find the usual bright greens anti red concealers eg Boots are useless for me. The 'mint choc chip icecream' colour just looks horribly chalky on my yellow-toned skin. Do these really work for anyone I wonder??
I've also tried the Smashbox green primer (one of the few that is not mint choc chip coloured) but don't like the 'waxy' texture which just seems to wipe off as soon as you put your foundation over the top. This version from MUFE is a definite improvement texture-wise as it seems to more sink into the skin like a proper primer and I really like the smell. It counteracts redness to some degree, though for the price I'm quite disappointed in this respect. Pump is good but the lid on mine does not stay on in my bag which is a bit of a nuisance.
I'm undecided whether I'll repurchase because it doesn't really have enough coverage for the price plus I don't even know if it's available in the UK (I bought in Sephora France while on holiday). That said, I still haven't found anything better since Decleor discontinued their wonderful green concealer about 10 years ago. Decleor - why did you do that?!
Benefit have also discontinued their 'You're Bluffing' yellow wand concealer which I did find very effective so I'm now trying the new Clinique yellow wand concealer with some success if anyone is looking for alternatives to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I needed a green tinted primer for my inflamed skin. I'm currently on acne meds and my skin is irritated and very dry. I was at Sephora and had to decide between this and Smashbox's green primer.
I picked this primer up mostly because of price. Overall, I like it and will probably repurchase if I still have a lot of redness once this bottle is gone. It doesn't feel like Smashbox primers, it has a thicker feel. And the box claims that this adds moisture, and I find that it does some.
My big complaint is that the bottle is smaller than it looks, so I feel kind of ripped off. Also, the pump gets sticky, meaning that sometimes I get more product than I need. Overall, though, I will continue to use it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by karen1245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product retails for $32 USD for 1.01 fl oz. (30 ml). This product is used for color correcting redness on your face. A pump is included (which should be standard nowadays). This was my first Make Up For Ever purchase and I was very disappointed. This was a green tinted moisturizer. I also noticed the pleasant fragrance, itís not too overpowering. The primer is runny similar to liquid foundation. I find that itís best to apply this with fingers rather than a brush because it would soak up the product. After initial application, it didnít really cover my cheeks. The application was too sheer for me. I saw my rosy cheeks peeking through the sheer green layer on top. So the application is sheer. Though unfortunately, I broke out with pimples everywhere. Just to make sure it wasnít an extraneous factor, I used the primer several more times and had the same results. I broke out every time. I had high hopes for this product. But turns out it just wasnít for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfection!

I have rosacea, which makes my nose and chin red and my cheeks very bright red. Ordinary primer and foundation only modify the redness slightly and wear off during the day leaving me with glowing red cheeks. And i avoid blush, which i fear makes me look like a clown. But this stuff is so good i often use it on my red areas alone and don't even bother with foundation. For situations calling for more make up, i use this on my red areas and use regular primer on the rest of my face, before applying foundation.

It took more than a few tries to get the application just right, however. At first i used too much, which made those red areas a somewhat ghostly green - i allowed it at least 5 minutes to set, then put on foundation, which did cover the green, but sometimes there was a very faint hint of green blending in. Plus it had a tendency to ball up when i put on my foundation. Yuck! But i kept trying...

Now i know that i only need a *very* tiny amount to achieve color correction. With my fingers i swirl the correcting primer in well - not just letting it sit on the surface. Since just applying primer irritates my skin a little from having my fingers on my skin, i wait a short time to let the color in my cheeks subside. Then, if there are areas that still look too red, i apply a very tiny amount more in those places and blend in well. Voila! My red areas are not greenish, and no longer red, but look pretty much like the rest of my skin! Now i am able to wear blush (which i put on my cheek bones, not on the formerly red apples of my cheeks), highlighter, bronzer, etc. So, i am really happy with MUFE color correcting primer.

The hype says that "HD Microperfecting Primer deeply nourishes, moisturizes, and softens the skin, creating a glowing effect. Creates a protective layer on the skin allowing foundation to glide on easily and last longer." I don't notice any nourishing or moisturizing going on , but i didn't buy it for that - i use skincare products for those purposes. But it definitely creates a protective layer and makes my makeup last longer.

The pump works well and i never have any trouble dispensing just the right amount. The bottle is huge, so while it would be worthwhile to compare this with other similar products, this one bottle is going to last for quite a while.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by imaddicted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was kind of hesitant on purchasing this product, but bit the bullet. I was excited to try it, but it balled up on my face really bad. i thought it was just the way I was applying it (fingers) so I washed my face and used a brush, sad to say the same thing happened again. I really wanted this to work for me :( but I had to return it. I did give it 1 lippie because the packaging is amazing, but thats it..