December 22, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I had lusted after Medieval for years. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. I have pigmented lips and Medieval just looks like tinted lip balm on me. It does not give me much color at all. Plus, it's just too much like a balm and it's either suppose to taste like rancid lipstick or I just happened to get a rancid tube. What I had in mind was a deep red stained look with some shine. Medieval did not deliver, but I suppose it was my own expectations and not Medieval itself. Still, $20 is too much to pay for tinted lipbalm. If you're looking for red-stained lips, try Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic, which I also reviewed.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by taibug27

I like this, I really do. It's a lovely, light, red balm, basically. It lasts about 45 minutes on me. It doesn't dry out my lips, but it's not terribly moisturizing either. My favorite thing about it is the name, and the fact that if you happen to be wearing anything in a pre-renaissance color palette, you really do feel like you're in a triptych.

Ideally I'd give it a 3.5, just because it's so bloody expensive. Maybe a 3.7.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG is this lipstick amazing!
This is a tiny bit brighter than my HG ..Philosophy Passion lipstick,sadly d/cd but I have copied by 3CC....but It matched perfectly in the sheerness factor....and the formula is amazing...
Looks almost like a plastic lippie in the tube and applies beautifully...lasts longer on the lips than the Philosophy one too....
This is a cross between a sheer lipstick and a balm....whatever it is it's fantastic........
I stick with neutral taupe/beige e/s and a smudged grey blue eye pencil,natura blush,l so this is a beautiful compliment to my look without BIG RED LIPS....lol
I LOVE YOU POPPY KING!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by mayaonfiya

I really wanted to like this low pigment lipstick, but it's not for me. It's just WAY too sheer -- the effect after applying is so subtle it's invisible. It's reputed to be buildable, but I didn't find that to be true. The feel of the balm on my lips is a bit uncomfortable, and then to top it off something in the formulation made my lips swell and flake off over the course of the next week in the most unpleasant way. Not what I'm looking for in a beauty product... Gorgeous packaging though, and I'm sure most people won't have the weird reaction to it that I seem to have had.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm a total lip product junkie and I am a huge fan of the red lip look. However, sometimes red lipstick isn't totally appropriate to wear. The reason I love Medieval so much is because it's a friendly red. It makes your face look finished and works with nearly any outfit. It's so sheer and smooth and has a very moisturizing texture that is similar to Nivea lip balm. Many times I can't stand lip glosses because they're very sticky or gum up on your lips. Medieval doesn't do that. It glides right on, leaving you with the prettiest sheer red lips. The color can be built up some too by applying more coats if you're feeling daring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

The perfect red-tinted lip balm. Too sheer to be a lipstick. In fact there is no "coverage" whatsoever. But the perfect neutral Crayola red, it applies as a moist stick gloss. Soft. Rosy. Like strawberry stain on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by jcrsehy

After trying Medieval, I am dying to try more Lipstick Queen products. This lipstick is more of a tinted balm with real staying power. I love products like this during the winter months because a typical lipstick can be drying but this keeps my lips smooth.
The color is a different take on "your lips but better" than your standard nude lip. It gives lips a nice crimson tint with just a little shine. This is my go-to product when I want to do a more natural make up look. Conversely, it also compliments a more intense eye since it is subtle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by damselfly1213

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a very hard time finding flattering lipsticks - I'm 62; dark lipsticks look harsh and aging, pale lipsticks leave me looking washed out. Lipstick Queen in Medieval is one of the few lipsticks I've tried that's actually wearable. It's the only one I've found that's MLBB, and the only one I can wear with red clothing. The only catch is that it darkens quite a bit by an hour after I've applied it, so I apply very lightly. Also, I can't get away with wearing this lipstick and no other makeup - I definitely have to wear blush, or it looks a little harsh. Finally, it looks and feels better on me with a topcoat of clear gloss or balm.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kp731

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. It is the perfect lip tint with conditioners to boot! I read about this product on Into the Gloss and decided to try sight it unseen. It didn't disappoint and has become my go to lipstick. For me, this is an everyday lipstick which adds just a hint of color. For more color, I would either layer Medieval or go to something less sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by anonymousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. HG status for me, and I'm sure for you too...unless you have very dark pigmented lips. The color imparted is similar to what your lips would look like after eatin luscious berries. The texture: reminds me of Club Monaco's Glaze lipstick, in-between a balm and a lipstick. I would say this is a lip tint, and moisturizing to boot. Gives your lips a nice natural boost, and makes them more "pouty" if that was a word. Run, don't walk, to try this beauty of a product. I got mine at Anthroplogie.