April 18, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by damselfly1213

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a very hard time finding flattering lipsticks - I'm 62; dark lipsticks look harsh and aging, pale lipsticks leave me looking washed out. Lipstick Queen in Medieval is one of the few lipsticks I've tried that's actually wearable. It's the only one I've found that's MLBB, and the only one I can wear with red clothing. The only catch is that it darkens quite a bit by an hour after I've applied it, so I apply very lightly. Also, I can't get away with wearing this lipstick and no other makeup - I definitely have to wear blush, or it looks a little harsh. Finally, it looks and feels better on me with a topcoat of clear gloss or balm.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kp731

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. It is the perfect lip tint with conditioners to boot! I read about this product on Into the Gloss and decided to try sight it unseen. It didn't disappoint and has become my go to lipstick. For me, this is an everyday lipstick which adds just a hint of color. For more color, I would either layer Medieval or go to something less sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by anonymousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. HG status for me, and I'm sure for you too...unless you have very dark pigmented lips. The color imparted is similar to what your lips would look like after eatin luscious berries. The texture: reminds me of Club Monaco's Glaze lipstick, in-between a balm and a lipstick. I would say this is a lip tint, and moisturizing to boot. Gives your lips a nice natural boost, and makes them more "pouty" if that was a word. Run, don't walk, to try this beauty of a product. I got mine at Anthroplogie.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by peregrin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my.

There are no words to describe my love for this product. From the second I opened the package I knew we were meant to be.

This is lovely and understated -- but just enough color to give that *something*. This is decently moisturising and feels comfortable on the lips, but I prefer it with balm underneath.

Looks good with almost any makeup look, in my opinion. Dayum. There's just something about this that is so completely appealing. I don't think it could look bad on anyone -- you can build it up or down as you please, and it seems to transform a little based on the natural color of your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by zoidberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i can never really decide if i like this or not. i wanted it to be moisturising with a subtle hint of colour. unfortunately it tends to dry out my lips. it does give a nice hint of colour though, and if i put a little but of paw paw ointment on top, my lips don't get too dry. i won't be repurchasing because i'm looking for something that will give both colour and moisture in one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

I've been holding off on writing a review for Medieval because when I first tried it 8 months ago, I though it was nothing special, just a tinted balm. But that was a while ago and I've since realized that it's the only lip product I want to use now. For starters, medieval kept my lips soft and moisturized in the winter, seemed more moisturizing compared to my nivea balm. The color is so natural, it's a medium strawberry red with a slight berry tint. Medieval is very sheer, so it blends with your natural lip color. The look created is so natural that a sales associate at Sephora thought it was my natural lip color. He commented that I had really pretty pigmented lips. My lips aren't naturally pigmented at all, but at least with Medieval I can fake it.

I also use Medieval on top of my Nars reds and the color stays put and keeps my lips smooth, even though Nars semi mattes can be very drying. Love this product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by kibo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the colour of this and it feels so good as well as getting my lips in tip top condition. The problem is that it doesn't have much staying power. On the whole it is a staple in my make-up bag though as it feels great and it goes with everything I wear and is perfect for any occasion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love everything about this lipstick. It is a beautiful, true red that is truly neutral - it doesn't pull pink or orange on me. It is very emmolient and it is my go to when my lips are dried or chapped. It is sheer - I would say the texture is between a balm and a gloss. The packaging is fabulous and the card explains that it is meant to look like Victorian ladies who put colour in their lips by stinging them with lemons. You can apply it lightly and it looks like that. You can apply it over lip liner or a matte red lipstick for more lasting power. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by hollysue1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG!!! I love this. I think it looks very nice and does exactly what it claims to. Probably my favorite lip product right now.

The downside it that it doesnt last long. I went on vacation for a week and only brought this and one other lipstick. (I cant stand the thought of losing any so I bring a minimum). I did wear it a lot, and carried it with me and reapplied throughout the day. (staying power is expectantly weak) But boy am I regretting that, in that one week I got through more lipstick than I have in any of my other tubes of lipstick. Like MAC lipsticks..you wear them often but still it doesnt seem to go down in the tube...Medieval goes more like a lipbalm which I guess makes since.

If you go into the purchase knowing its more like a tinted lipbalm in terms of color, staying power, and longevity you will be pleasantly surprised. It is really so, so beautiful. But if you go into it expecting a lot of opaque color, or a lipstick staying power you may be disappointed. It has enough color to change your lip color and its obvious to me that I'm wearing something but others may think I just have naturally red lips. I am trying to wear it minimally because I dont want to run out, but when I do I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As others have mentioned, Medieval gives the lips just a beautiful natural looking hint of red. The best way I can describe it is if I had naturally rosebud red lips and put a swipe of lipbalm over them. Such a perfect, pretty look that brightens my face. I never imagined I would wear red lipstick, but this actually looks more natural than any other shade I have worn. Will buy another for my purse.