Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

4.1

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) (Other) : Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyl Stearate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Stearyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Parfum (Fragrance), Behenic Acid, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was a gift from a friend and my first YSL product. WOW! I never knew that lipstick could be so creamy and pigmented. I can't believe I've only just discovered this. I suspect this color suits fair-medium skin more. Right now I am a bit tanned and I intend to use this product all winter. To me it's more of a baby pink. There's nothing beige about this lipstick. I can't wait to try other colors of this collection. Be prepared to reapply this often.

Gorgeous soft, sexy, volumptuous pink! I've got Scandinavian coloring- blonde hair with blue eyes and neutral fair skin NC/NW 15 that tans. I can wear almost every lipstick color, but most don't look "wow" on me, bc they either compete with my hair or eye color or they just look very fake and made up. All you ladies with fair skin know what I mean.

But YSL Rouge Volupte #1 - WOW!! It gives the sexiest nude pink I've ever seen. It's a shade or 2 lighter than my natural lip color (which is pretty pale), but doesn't settle into lines. It has a creamy sheen that makes my lips look full. It has a healthy, almost beach-y but still very sophisticated look on me. The packaging is beautiful, and the color looks expensive on. It doesn't compete with the colors of my hair/ eyes my colorful features. It gives natural, soft, full, kiss-worthy lips that will make you feel like a GODDESS! People stop me on the street, the subway, and in the halls at work to ask what lipstick I'm wearing. For me, this is probably the only light pink lipstick that's work-appropriate, bc others look candy-like or girlish. There's nothing like this in my lipstick collection. I'll repurchase again & again.

INGREDIENTS of YSL's rouge volumptes make the difference. They contain sodium hyalauronate and other expensive compounds that enhance the health of your lips. You won't find that in Chanel's rouge coco or shines lines. Yes, you have to reapply this more than the Chanel & Dior, and you'll go through it rather quickly. That's good! The reason for that is bc these high-end ingredients are actually absorbed into the skin. Greasy, waxy ingredients are not.

Run- don't walk- to Bloomingdales or your nearest YSL counter and try Rouge Volupte #1- you'll look gorgeous!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So pigmented! This is my Favorite lipstick ever! To me it kind of has a nice baby pink undertone but nude! I also own this in pink passion, I am loving and enjoying both! Totally worth the price you get way more expected than what you pay for! I got this on sale for $25 and so worth the price! EXTREMLYY recommend this!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

EXTREMELY pigmented,
EXTREMELY creamy,
smells like candy
great packaging

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I reeeeally wanted to like this (mainly so I could have the excuse to carry around the beautiful container case with me!) but sadly there are several things I dont like about this lipstick.

1. It is quite drying which I don't normally find with lipsticks- it sort of flakes and goes patchy and congeals with my lip skin which looks awful! The formula is almost powdery so it feels like applying wet eyeshadow to your lips in a way.

2. I don't really love this colour it looks really nice on the swatches but not on my face - it looks a bit dated and dare I say tacky.

3. It goes down really fast! on the first application I had already used like a millimetre of product!

I really do love the packaging and smell of this lipstick and perhaps in another colour I could love it- I would definitely be game to try another colour as I really want to like it!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Finally, my lips look like they belong on a goddess. The rest of me, well, that's shaky. But my lips. Hallelujah!

I love this lipstick! I have alot of Mac lipsticks but I dont really like wearing them. I love the colors but I find them so drying on my lips and I just don't like the feeling of it. It makes my lips super dry. I love the color Creme Cup by Mac though. So I've read the #1 Nude Beige by YSL is very simalar so I bought it and LOVE it! I bought it last week at Sephora but mine doesn't come with a mirror on the cap? Did they change the packaging? Or is mine fake? I hope not!

The consistency of the lipstick is one of the best I have come accross and YSL is one of my most-used lipstick brands for myself and clients. Not only for the beautiful colour, but the quality that this lipstick offers, I find that even if you want to use a different colour lipstick, use this one as a base and mix it with your desired colour. The creamy-texture makes this lipstick extremely moisturising. However, as it is so creamy, it can slide sometimes. If this is the case for you, try to use MAC lip primer or gently dab the lipstick on rather than smear across. Most of the images on www.Nataliamakeup.com have used the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks.

Okay lipstick, a bit meh in my opinion. It's creamy without being sticky, and has average endurance. But for thirty-four dollars? I expect more. On me this is neither nude nor beige but a baby pink that is neutral enough to stop short of being too Barbie-ish. For the same effect, I prefer Kat Von D's Celebutard for the reason that YSL's finish is more makeupy and kind of reminds me of lipstick my grandmother would wear.

Wow, can we say infinitely creamy? I'm really enjoying this l/s and I love the feeling I get when I pull this out of my purse. Has a lovely fruity scent that all YSL products do and beautiful packaging. Actually, I think just for the packaging this l/s is so special to me. However, Nude Beige is just too baby pink for me but it's nothing a lipgloss can't fix. I usually pair this with NYX's Sweetheart l/g or Mac's Creamsheen in Boybait and it tones down the baby pinkness.

Recommended for Medium Skin