BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Plum

3.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Carmine (Ci 75470), Polybutene, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Panthenol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Pvp, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sericin, Sorbic Acid. N¬į 03891/N.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very nice mascara. While this mascara does not provide length or volume, it does enhance your eyes and define your lashes. It looks natural, and it does a nice job of bringing attention to your eyes. This product is on the pricey side, so I'm undecided about buying it (I've tried it on at stores multiple times), but it really makes me love my lashes even more than I already do. If you don't mind spending around 20$ for a mascara that does not lengthen or add volume, go ahead, it's nice. I'm pretty sure there's better mascaras out there, even though this one is pretty good. Not my holy grail mascara, but still wonderful. :)

on 1/23/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you're looking for a mascara that provides dramatic thickening or volumising, keep looking. If you're looking for a mascara that enhances your eyes without looking too dramatic, this is it.

I have naturally long and thick lashes, so regular mascara can sometimes make me look too made up. This mascara adds just a subtle hint of color that makes me look very awake and rested without making me look like I'm wearing too much make up. I reach for this mascara when I am really tired and I need something to make my eyes appear brighter. It makes my eye color pop and it doesn't bring attention to dark circles like black mascara can. The color is the perfect shade for my hazel eyes- you can't tell it's there, but it opens up my eyes.
It doesn't clump, it has decent staying power, and I like the big brush. I just wish it came in waterproof formula.

on 12/17/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Piece of crap! No color deposit whatsoever! I got this as a free sample in my Sephora purchase. Yeah, thankfully, I didn't pay a dime for this! Worthless!

on 10/23/2010 3:19:00 PM

I love this mascara...I have used it since it came out. I have tried others, especially ones that promise to do the same thing except for a fraction of the price. But, I'm sorry, there are NO plum mascaras that come close to this. Granted, the lasting power isn't the best. But the perfect plum shade really makes my green eyes POP. I have tried Cover Girls Eye Bright mascara, Almay's mascara that goes with green eyes, and a few others....but those show up as PURPLE and looks really unnatural. I love Benefit's because on my lashes, you can't even tell I am wearing plum mascara unless you really look closely. Brown mascara does not give the same effect. Black mascara looks too harsh. The BadGal Plum looks natural, yet really intensifies my eye color. Another great thing....Benefit's mascaras are all made of beeswax...which means no harsh irritants for contact wearers :)

on 10/23/2010 1:37:00 PM

I received this as a gift from Sephora. I have never had a good experience with "high end" mascaras (I got my first and only two styes from Diorshow eyelash serum). This is no exception. At lunchtime, I had the worst raccoon eyes ever plus I looked sick or something since it was a plum color. I would never purchase this full price because there are far better mascaras out there that cost a fraction of the price of this mediocre crap.

on 10/21/2010 2:27:00 PM

This shows up as a pretty, subtle color on my lashes. It just doesn't really do much in the way of volumizing or lengthening for me, so I wouldn't repurchase. There are better mascaras out there.

on 10/17/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As always Benefit has nice packaging and catchy product names. This mascara, pretty as the color is, is not even worth $5. It has virtually no lengthening or volumizing power, and the fact that the color is plum instead of black just makes your lashes look as if you weren't wearing any mascara at all. The worst effect was, for me... it gave me allergies like crazy! After a few minutes of this on my eyes started itching something fierce. Normally I am not allergic to makeup but this one did it for me. Its only merit in my opinion is that it makes a great lower-lash mascara as the color means you won't get the spider-eye effect, I just hope you don't get the itchy eyes I got.

on 9/5/2010 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's a nice enough product that works well with a subtle plum finish.
It is quite thick but it coats well and doesn't dry out.
It doesn't tend to clump and is a fair enough price, I think it was $38AUD.
Badgal mascaras have massive brushes and they do not clog in the bottle or on your eyelashes.
I would like the product a whole lot more if it were a lengthening type mascara. I love the idea of purple mascara and this is the best one that I've found so far but wouldn't buy it again as I am looking for a brighter purple. The search continues!

on 9/2/2010 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

returned this one to SDM . more expensive than other drugstore brands that yield the same mediocre results. no luck here, color didnt really show against my dark eyes and pale skin..., it was clumpy and flaked and was really stubborn to really the last little clumps at the base of my eyelashes..just a mascara that made me say "yuck- its goin back.."

on 8/30/2010 1:17:00 PM

Not all that happy about this mascara, Iím glad I only got a sample size from Sephora and didnít actually buy it. First of all, the brush is huge. So large that itís cumbersome for me to use without getting mascara all over my eyelids. Iím not a fan of large brushes anyway so this was an instant dislike. Secondly, the formulation of this was unremarkable. After application I didnít really notice any difference to my lashes, in fact it looked almost like I didnít have any mascara on at all. I wasnít expecting much from this, but I want a mascara to do SOMETHING! The color is very nice though, and makes my green-blue eyes stand out. If this came in a waterproof version, I may like this better. Otherwise, a definite no-no for me.
continued >>