July 29, 2014 | 1503 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Piece of crap! No color deposit whatsoever! I got this as a free sample in my Sephora purchase. Yeah, thankfully, I didn't pay a dime for this! Worthless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara...I have used it since it came out. I have tried others, especially ones that promise to do the same thing except for a fraction of the price. But, I'm sorry, there are NO plum mascaras that come close to this. Granted, the lasting power isn't the best. But the perfect plum shade really makes my green eyes POP. I have tried Cover Girls Eye Bright mascara, Almay's mascara that goes with green eyes, and a few others....but those show up as PURPLE and looks really unnatural. I love Benefit's because on my lashes, you can't even tell I am wearing plum mascara unless you really look closely. Brown mascara does not give the same effect. Black mascara looks too harsh. The BadGal Plum looks natural, yet really intensifies my eye color. Another great thing....Benefit's mascaras are all made of beeswax...which means no harsh irritants for contact wearers :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

I received this as a gift from Sephora. I have never had a good experience with "high end" mascaras (I got my first and only two styes from Diorshow eyelash serum). This is no exception. At lunchtime, I had the worst raccoon eyes ever plus I looked sick or something since it was a plum color. I would never purchase this full price because there are far better mascaras out there that cost a fraction of the price of this mediocre crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by k8ebug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shows up as a pretty, subtle color on my lashes. It just doesn't really do much in the way of volumizing or lengthening for me, so I wouldn't repurchase. There are better mascaras out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BelleSade

As always Benefit has nice packaging and catchy product names. This mascara, pretty as the color is, is not even worth $5. It has virtually no lengthening or volumizing power, and the fact that the color is plum instead of black just makes your lashes look as if you weren't wearing any mascara at all. The worst effect was, for me... it gave me allergies like crazy! After a few minutes of this on my eyes started itching something fierce. Normally I am not allergic to makeup but this one did it for me. Its only merit in my opinion is that it makes a great lower-lash mascara as the color means you won't get the spider-eye effect, I just hope you don't get the itchy eyes I got.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's a nice enough product that works well with a subtle plum finish.
It is quite thick but it coats well and doesn't dry out.
It doesn't tend to clump and is a fair enough price, I think it was $38AUD.
Badgal mascaras have massive brushes and they do not clog in the bottle or on your eyelashes.
I would like the product a whole lot more if it were a lengthening type mascara. I love the idea of purple mascara and this is the best one that I've found so far but wouldn't buy it again as I am looking for a brighter purple. The search continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lillill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

returned this one to SDM . more expensive than other drugstore brands that yield the same mediocre results. no luck here, color didnt really show against my dark eyes and pale skin..., it was clumpy and flaked and was really stubborn to really the last little clumps at the base of my eyelashes..just a mascara that made me say "yuck- its goin back.."

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Not all that happy about this mascara, Iím glad I only got a sample size from Sephora and didnít actually buy it. First of all, the brush is huge. So large that itís cumbersome for me to use without getting mascara all over my eyelids. Iím not a fan of large brushes anyway so this was an instant dislike. Secondly, the formulation of this was unremarkable. After application I didnít really notice any difference to my lashes, in fact it looked almost like I didnít have any mascara on at all. I wasnít expecting much from this, but I want a mascara to do SOMETHING! The color is very nice though, and makes my green-blue eyes stand out. If this came in a waterproof version, I may like this better. Otherwise, a definite no-no for me.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Marcelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. The fat brush gets every lash and makes my lashes long and lush. The plum color is very subtle. Makes brown eyes pop, and if you have any green flecks it brings those out as well. Love. I am stocking up!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by CalamityKate

Awful. Smudges like crazy which, given the colour, looks as if your eyes are bleeding. Lovely. Definitely overpriced, underwhelming performance and won't be buying again.