MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

4.5

on 11/20/2012 9:33:00 PM

Very pretty color, great for the office. I normally love bright colors but this is a very flattering shade that is great for when I go to work or when I go out because it gives me some color but looks natural.
The lipstick goes on smoothly and is creamy. One issue with that is that my lipstick snapped and I had to put back into the tube (I've had this issue with other MAC lipsticks)

on 11/18/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick makes my tired, yellow-greyish winter complexion brighten up like nothing I've ever seen. My skintone is olive in summer but in winter it goes very pasty but still has olive undertones, so people often ask me if I'm sick. It's awful.

I was looking for an office-appropriate lipstick that would add some colour to my face but not make me look like I have lipstick on. This is pretty much it... it really brightens my face and makes me look alive, but it doesn't look overly 'makeuppy'.

Another thing about this lipstick is that it somehow makes my lips look fuller. I used to always use 'Beauty' from Clinique (also very pretty), but that doesn't liven up my complexion like this does and also doesn't make my lips look as full. However, when it comes to comfort, Beauty definitely wins. Although Beauty is a long-last lipstick, it feels more like a lip balm and you can really barely feel that you're wearing it. With Fanfare, it definitely looks and feels more like you're actually wearing lipstick.

Am gonna wear this to the office for the first time tomorrow so am curious to see if anyone will notice the difference. Also I guess tomorrow will be a test as to how annoying I will find the sticky feel of this on my lips or how quickly I'll get used to the feeling. We'll see! For now, I think the gorgeous colour outweighs the stickiness of the texture.

on 8/25/2012 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One of the best pink lipsticks ever. The colour is perfect - not too bright or barbie-esque and not too mauvey. Its quite a sweet, feminine girly pink and good for those who want something more than a neutral shade.

on 8/23/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gorgeous color. Looks great on my Asian skin but I feel like it would go great with all skin tones. This is my favorite MAC lipstick. It can be a bit drying though but overall a very nice everyday lipstick.

on 8/20/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect 'my lips but better' color. The formula feels amazing, and it's fairly long lasting. It's a very yellow toned pink, and I haven't met anyone that doesn't look good in it.

on 8/16/2012 7:49:00 AM

I am NW20 with almost black hair, brown eyes, naturally rosey lips. On me, Fanfare is a touch more than MLBB but instead of that brown rosey color most call MLBB, this is a warmer pop...but still just as soft. It is referred to as a yellow pink (same description MAC uses for Ultra Darling, but UD is much more berry toned & bolder...yet still soft). On me, this is a corally pink. I wish I had Fanfare at the beginning of the summer, it would have been great. The only reason this is not a full 5 lippy for me is that as pretty as it is, this is not one of those lippies that just pulls everything together. Many times I feel like it is just sitting on my lips not helping my cause.

on 8/15/2012 2:37:00 PM

I'm NC25 and this looks like other have said a slightly reddish/coral pink on me. It's is a very 'fleshy' clour but looks very natural too. I have quite pigmented lips so the effect is like 'my lips but better'.. I do not suit any lipsticks with blue undertones or blue-ish shimmer, so for me this was great as it's a warm yellow-medium pink :) I would recommend it to anyone in the NC20 and up range.... Deffo worth trying in the store if you're looking for a natural lipstick!

on 8/6/2012 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I lost my amp cosmo, so I wanted to get something similar (just incase I find my cosmo).
what I wanted was actually something pinkish or lighter than cosmo, and this is perfect! Natural color with a hint of peachy pink.
Great for tanned skin :)

on 7/14/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This lipstick is gorgeous. Described by mac as a mid tone yellow pink which is true but I feel it has a hint of peach as its not a true pink. It is so wearable and imparts a lovely colour. This is probably my all time favourite mac lipstick of all time and I only just discovered it recently. I think this would best suit warm toned light-medium skin tones!

One of the very first lipsticks that i bought from Mac. It has such a nice darkish Pinkish Colour. I dab this on my lips and a dab a bit of lipgloss over it and it makes my lips look so natural. Before, i got into makeup i used this lipstick every single day. The colour my seem a little dark for a teenager however it has tiny bits of glitter in it. This lipstick is quite pigmented. I really do recommend this for people who are starting to get into makeup. This is a definite must have in your makeup bag.

Recommended for Medium Skin