August 28, 2014 | 1780 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Mineral Foundation Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by missrish22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this kabuki brush, along with The Body Shop foundation minerals for about 4 years now and I think it's time I write a review. I have been in love with this product since 2007 and I haven't used anything since. It's soft, has great coverage and compact. This is my ultimate HOLY GRAIL product. This brush and minerals go with my every day. To work and going out. It's about AU$32 but well worth it the money because it's long lasting. My first and only purchase was made in 2007..and only decided to buy a new one last month. With regular cleaning this will last you years. If you haven't tried this, then I suggest you get off Makeupalley and head to the nearest Body Shop store.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

Though this was my first kabuki brush, I absolutely loved it the day I got it. It was so soft, dense, and never shed! I also love that it's cruelty-free - the main reason I bought it.
I use it to apply both mineral foundation and face powder.
My only complaint is that the brush is a little bit stiff, and doesn't have much surface area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I looove this brush. My skin is sensive and hard bristles irritates my skin. This brush is super soft and gentle to my skin. I use it as a blush brush. I've been using it for more than a month almost everyday and haven't seen any hairs coming out. It's quality is the best. I also have a blush brush from Mac and i thought it was good and soft till I bought this one. It is not very cheap but also not expensive. I recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by brightstar78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say anything bad about this brush. It blends my bare minerals powder ( and other mineral powders too ) well. So far, I've not experienced any shedding yet. This brush is so soft and does not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Jeanettek

I really like this brush. It's silky smooth, and perfect for my mineral powder-foundation!

My only comment is that it loses a hair or two every time I use it. But I don't know if it's even possible to avoid that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my one and only kabuki brush and I love it. I use it to apply my mineral foundation and it works perfectly fine. Distributes the powder evenly, making the activity pleasant due to how soft it is. I won't be buying another one because I use only one shade of mineral foundation so I don't think I will need any in the near future. However, I think if I needed one I'd rather try something different and cheaper, like E.L.F. mineral series. Out of curiosity rather than dissatisfaction with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by amarock

Gorgeous kabuki style brush for mineral powder makeup. I bought this based on the positive reviews here and elsewhere on the internet and I'm not disappointed one bit. As others have mentioned, the bristles on this is very soft - in my opinion, it's simply the softest synthetic kind that I've tried (compared to Ecotools, Everyday Minerals, Alima). Not only are the bristles very soft, they are also packed very tight, thus providing excellent coverage and makes for easy blending of powdered makeup. I use mine with pressed mineral makeup - was Everyday Mineral's until I ran out and just started using the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - this brush makes them both flawless looking - no streaking or patchiness whatsoever. I've washed mine numerous times (have owned this for at least 6 months) and I've yet to see even one hair shed on this.

This cost me $26 CAD but I got a discount with my membership card (make sure you sign up during your birthday month and the card is free). Well worth the price and I would definitely repurchase - I'm considering buying another one so I can rotate them when one is dirty and I'm too lazy to wash it! I'm planning on buying the slightly smaller one that is meant for blusher ($19 CAD) - I think it would be a good option as a travel/purse version. The Body Shop also now carries a bronzer kabuki styled brush which is very similar to the foundation brush but with slightly longer bristles, and a wooden handle for $23 CAD (curious to try that one too). I should mention that this brush comes with a black heavy duty vinyl pouch for traveling which is really handy to keep the bristles from splaying - I've traveled with this brush in the pouch with no issues. I highly recommend this brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Ewok0022

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this brush at all. I bought it on the basis that at that time I had already owned The Body Shop Face and Body brush, which I think is excellent. It is hard to judge the quality of the brush on the shop floor, and the last thing you need to make a decision is an aggressive pitch unhelpfully rendered by a sales assistant. In my case, I bought this brush because I already owned a product which satisfies me in terms of usage, application and quality. Regretfully, this is not the case for the brush in question.

The bristles on this brush are quite long and densely packed together. This however does not prevent excessive shedding: the brush started shedding almost immediately after the first use, and I regularly pick up a few bristles every time I use it. This makes it completely unsuitable for buffing and swirling which you need to do to make sure the mineral foundation sits evenly on your face. The brush picks up too much product and fails to work it properly into skin. I must say that this is the case of a very poor industrial design for the designated purpose, and that the brush is completely unsuitable for the case it is being marketed for (i.e. mineral makeup application).

It is however quite soft and feels pleasant against the skin. I discovered it works rather well as a regular foundation brush: it is good at applying liquid foundation and blending it effectively around the face and neck areas. This however was not the purpose it was purchased for in the first place. Therefore I will not be buying any more of the Body Shop brushes in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Sass111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had this brush for a few years now and it's really top knotch. Love it. Never never sheds hair, it's soft against my skin and applies mineral foundations and powder beautifully. This brush is worth every penny I am very happy with it. I have 3 body shop brushes, blush, foundation and this mineral foundation brush and they are all great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this brush alot! It is one of 2 brushes that I use for powder foundations. The other one I use is the Ecotools bronzer brush. Some days I use one and some days the other.
The Body Shop brush is very soft and shedding is very minimal. It gives great coverage with powder foundations. This brush is a little better at getting into harder to reach areas of the face than the Ecotools brush. They are both fantastic, I will review the Ecotools one eventually too. When I'm not using this brush for foundation, I sometimes use it to blend out blush or bronzer if I accidently apply too much. I would buy this brush again.