July 26, 2014 | 1510 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Lingerie Pink 007

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by MrsHolcomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oooh, gorgeous pepto-bismol pink. It is a creamy consistency, not a dry, matte lip and has a lovely scent. You can't beat the gorgeous gold tube either!

I am curious to see how this stands up against Pixel Pink though...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mascds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lippy! I just wish it didnt take a few coats to lay it on ya know what im sayin? its a bit sheer on me, but i can get good color if i work with it. this also smells so, so good! packaging is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by JuCfatlips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep seeing this particular shade being featured in magazines. And since I've fallen in love with YSL lipsticks since I tried Rouge Pur...I purchased this without even trying it.
I was not diappointed. Though at first try I thought it was too pale on me...that's because I put on too much. I realized this is highly pigmented so I put it on using a lip brush...it was a lovely shade of pale pink. I fell in love all over again with YSL...now I have to try other shades of Rouge Volupte! It keeps my lips hydrated (I have very dry lips, I usually put lip balm before applying lipstick). It smells yummy and the packaging is just gorgeous. I used to think it's crazy how expensive these lippies are...but now I understand...this is high quality lipstick. It's worth what I paid for.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by nomihappy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, too, picked this up at a private L'Oreal sale. I can't BELIEVE the bargain I got. On to the product.

Feeling on lips: glides like a dream, not drying, though I'd never wear lipstick without lip balm.

Pigmentation: unbelievable. A tiny bit goes a long way unless you seriously want your lips to look exactly like the color in the tube.

Smell/taste: This is what usually keeps me away from lipsticks - that obvious, pungent chemical byproduct smell and taste. NONE at all with this, there's almost a slightly sweet fruity scent. It's quite faint, and still smells a little artificial but hey, it IS lipstick.

DEFINITELY suited more for cooler skin tones. I'm Asian with yellow undertones, around MAC NC30, 35. In all honesty, this looked queer on me. However, it was so steeply discounted that I couldn't resist trying it out especially since I want a nude lipstick. I find that dabbing a tiny bit of this onto my lips and pressing my lips together to smear it (it's so creamy that it actually blends really well) and top it off with colored gloss it's perfect. I wouldn't repurchase at the insane normal price seeing as I'm not yet a billionaire, but at the bargain price FOR SURE I will. Though I'd like to try the other shades...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by HeatherSung

I picked these up at a private YSL sale. The colour was gorgeous, exactly what i wanted for a nude lipstick that didn't make me look crazy or sick like Barry M 101 did. The texture was creamy, moisturising and colour pay-off was awesome. I love the way it felt on my lips. No funky taste or smell. I have chronic chapped lips & dark lips but this product not only provided an asthetic purpose but also healed my lips. The packaging is blink pretty and it comes with a small mirror on the top of the cap. The diameter of the lipstick was wider as compared to the average lippie, making application easy and fast.The only set back is that the stick may break easily due to its creamy texture.I have abandoned my MAC, Paul & Joe, Girogio Armani lippies since then.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by nadnames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great colour but I don't really want a lipstick that slides off right after I've applied it. It doesn't really stay put for longer than 5 minutes which is a real shame as the smell, colour and the soft texture are nice. I like a lipstick to stay put and this just doesn't do it. I prefer the Mac lipsticks so much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this for the first time today, and it was a pleasant surprise.. It doesn't have a lipstick consistency, it's very creamy and slides on quite nicely. I'm not sure if it was because my lips were dry and I'd been trying on many different lip sticks and then rubbing them off (I'm sure that was it) but it didn't look as nice as I expect it will at the first application.
The first time I put it on I put too much on, the second time too little! But it is a nice color, I don't think I'll buy it because it's not every day school wear, but then again, it's so nice.. I'm planning on trying it again asap and then deciding if I'll buy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so disappointed in this. I was SO excited to try it. I got it after seeing the swatches of it online and was blown away by the gorgeous shades of pink in this line. The color is indeed gorgeous, that's not the problem. The texture of this on my lips is terrible. It is so slippery and greasy feeling and it just slides right off. You end up reapplying it so many times that it runs out rather quickly. It is such a shame that the application is so terrible because it really is perfect in every other way. The packaging is luxurious, the smell of the lipstick is divine, and the color is perfect. My lips are a bit pigmented to actually pull the color off overall, but that doesn't matter because I won't be repurchasing. Maybe if I put a layer of powder and lip liner under it it would stay put for more than 10 minutes. But 36$ is a lot to spend on something that requires the extra effort. If only it applied like a Mac Satin, or Cream formula, I'd be in love. But in a way, I guess it's OK because it would have been an expensive habit to replenish.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a gorgeous color and a staple in my lipstick collection. It is one of those gorgeous creamy milky neutral shades that I feel like any skin color can pull off and looks amazing with dark or smokey eyes and is super moisturizing. I'm fair so definitely not a fan of beighy nude type lip colors that look great on people who are tan but not me lol. I love that this one is pink based as I can pull off any shade of pink bright or nuetral. I also lvoe that this YSL formula belnds into your lips so nicely and even though it;s not a subtle color is looks flawless. I love barbie doll color lipsticks like MAC St Germain for example which is a bubble gum pastel pink but hate how those type of lispticks all apply very chalky looking on your lips and never blend in for me. YSL is definitely a little pricier than MAC/Estee Lauder/Dior Lipsticks I usually use but the quality is amazing and look forward to trying some more shades! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tiffanysclara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Other

this is a very gorgeous milky, pale pink.. the texture is just so silky smooth! i have found that i have to dab it on ever-so-lightly, or else too much gets on my lips. besides that, can more can i say? the packaging is absolutely divine and the fact that it has spf is also a plus!