December 22, 2014 | 1802 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lavender Essential Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got this after reading the reviews here. I've used it mainly for it's calming properties. Although I fall asleep quickly, I sometimes have a restless sleep and I drop a few drops of this on my pillow. I do feel it makes me sleep deeper and I enjoy the medicinal smell.

I haven't tried it on my face. It seems from reviews here that you can use it as is but the bottle clearly says you shouldn't apply directly on the skin. Maybe I'll try it on some non-sensitive areas but currently I'm using the Clarins Lotus Face Oil so I'm fine with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always keep some lavender essential oil on hand. I dab some on my temples when I have a headache and put some under my nose before bed to help me sleep. I also put a drop on any pimples and it helps to soothe and treat them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ohhh myyy!! I'm getting into oils and so far I love them all!! This is amazing. It actually helps heal cuts and scrapes, burns etc. and so started to add it in my tea tree aspirin and witch hazel toner. It adds such a nice smell and really makes it work better. I feel like this heals blemishes faster than anything else. Then I follow with jojoba and I'm better than I ever was. I also use this in my hair as a mask to keep hair strong and healthy and prevent fall out. I just started but my hair feels great (more from carrier oils, but hopefully this and the others help with scalp health). My daughter really likes to smell it as a calming agent and I do too. I think it also helps with scars and stretch marks (so I hear). Really like it.

Update: I cut down on oils over time. I didn't have the best results. I think sometimes it's better in prodcuts than pure. Oh and I don't like witch hazel on me either :P

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I actually stopped using my medicated acne treatment (a prescription gel I've been using for years) & replaced it with this at night. My skin has improved so much!
1. I love the scent.. It makes me sleep very deeply.
2. My skin is now almost completely clear. There was an initial purging process, but it was miniscule, bringing up tiny whiteheads, those of which went away instantly due to the essential oil.
3. My face was LOBSTER RED for almost my entire life. This morning I looked at my face & there was NO redness. I saw my actual skin colour for the first time since early childhood.
4. My acne scarring is fading.
5. My skin is less oily throughout the day.
6. My skin doesn't have dry, flaky patches anymore!
7. This makes my skin feel so soft...
8. I love it. There are no negatives.

**At first, used it for 3 days in conjunction with my acne gel. Then, used it for a week by itself. Amazing progress.
Edit: Been over a month. Still going strong.

27 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use it undiluted, 3-4 drops and apply it with my fingers to acne spots (which is basically all over my face:(). It works faster and better than Tea Tree Oil, calms down active pimples overnight and I've been using it for one week and noticed how my post-acne dark spots are slowly fading.
HOWEVER, the smell is SO STRONG, even tea tree oil doesn't seem so strong. The smell makes my eyes sting even though I don't apply it anywhere near my eyes.
But I am such a tired acne sufferer, I don't care, as long as it works.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 5

Price: 2 (Economical!)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: Yes

-----------------------------------------------

I bought Lavender Essential Oil a few years ago because I heard it was good for acne (like Tea tree oil). I forgot that I had it for a while, until I saw some reviews, so it made me dig it out and I have to say, it's really great. I've been using Tea Tree oil for a long time for some blemishes, but I find that sometimes the tea tree oil isn't very effective. When I use Lavender oil, I find that my blemishes dry out and heal a bit faster than if I use Tea tree oil. Lavender oil is my secret weapon for BIG under the skin cystic acne; after a few days it shrinks down to nothing without ever coming to a head!

For both TTO and Lavender, I just apply it straight, undiluted with my clean fingertip to affected areas. Then I mix 1-2 drops into my skincare lotions to gently treat my whole face. The smell of lavender calms me (took some time to get used to though), so it's a great nighttime ritual.

Packaging wise, I'm "meh". Mine comes in a dark amber glass bottle with a funny stopper in the top that makes it a little tricky to dispense 1 drop at a time; I find I'll usually get anywhere between 2-5 drops so some days I end up with more in my hand than I originally wanted. But otherwise, I don't really mind the packaging much; I like the dark glass, which protects the oils from light degradation.

I am so glad I found this and tried it out. I highly recommend!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lavender EO is a multi-purpose household essential for me. I use it with tea tree oil in simple skin care formulations like aloe based moisturizers for summer that don't break me out and in a candelilla based skin balm for bug bites or minor skin irritations. It's great for aromatherapy or as a natural air freshener but I prefer to blend it with other essential oils for that. With the possible exception of Tea Tree oil I would never use this or any other EO "neat" on the skin or undiluted for any purpose and as far as I know it isn't recommended either. EO's can be extremely irritating undiluted and should be blended with a carrier oil, aloe or even water if you are using it as an air freshener. I know that the smell can be overwhelming for me undiluted and can cause a headache instead of soothing one. If you're using it straight and have had success than great but I usually start with a 1% dilution which is about 5-6 drops of EO per 1oz of carrier/aloe/water etc. You can increase the % if you'd like or start with less and there are plenty of sites with recommended blending rates online. Paula Begoun claimed that this EO caused cell death and I've seen another reviewer repeat this claim on another product. Concerned that one of my favorite staples could be causing more harm than good I did a bit of research online and found that statement to be just a tad misleading. All I could find to back that up were online references to one in vitro study in 2004 by University of Westminster's School of Biosciences in London that has never been repeated and drew the conclusion that Lavender EO may not be safe to use during pregnancy but is also one of the mildest EO's with many benefits including wound healing. There is nothing to suggest that it's gonna damage the skin of a fully formed human being unless they are already sensitive to it or are using too much and it's causing irritation. Common sense dictates that anything that irritates my skin is gonna cause some damage and some cells are gonna die in the process. I didn't need Paula Begoun to tell me that.

34 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You really can't beat lavender oil for pretty much everything. I get mine from the Sage store--it is good for your skin/hair and it is very relaxing. VERY. One Sunday afternoon I decided to throw some in the diffuser. I was wide awake, reading my book and the next thing I knew I was waking up from a sound sleep and I wasn't even tired!! That's how relaxing it is. I don't know why everyone refers to it as an "old lady" smell--just because it's been around as long as Larry King lol. I think the scent is wonderful. I remember going to a country fair with my Mom and buying bags of the fresh lavender, and then going home and making our own sachets--we would include them in gifts also--great for the undies drawer! It just keeps everything smelling fresh, and bugs don't like it either. Yay lavender!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by GreyHuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lot of the prices are expensive for a little bottle, but this stuff does work. If you have acne/blemishes this will help you. But be patient. It will take about maybe a week or close to see a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by myannabellee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lavender essential oil is one of the most versatile EOs out there. I massage my clean face with it every night and wake up the next day with clear, fresh skin.
It is antiseptic, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, a bactericide, soothing, and wonderful.
I use it directly on new blemishes to prevent them from advancing, and it works every time.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No