Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 7/13/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I used the color golden beige for my olive/tan complexion. At 1st I thought that the color would be a fairer for me from just looking at it. But when I applied it on my face it blended very well matching my skintone. It is a medium coverage, but still even out my uneven skintone. It feels light on the skin so I feel comfortable wearing it. It also doesn't make me look shiny for quite a while, I'd say around 4-5 hours before I have to blotted my skin which is good for me since my skin is very oily with the hot humid weather here. I used it with the Laura Mercier foundation primer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It might be because I am applying it wrong, but this foundation is IMPOSSIBLE to blend. I've tried using it with all types of brushes and even my fingers, over primers and no primer, and at the end of the day it looks like i didn't blend it well enough.. It gives this like.. dry flaky blotchy skin around my cheeks, mouth and eyebrows. The colour is perfect for me and I was so excited to use this but I guess its just not for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Looks decent when I first apply it but then after a little while I would notice that it didn't look too blended right above my jaw line and if I looked closely at it I saw some uneveness on my skin at the jaw line with some white-ish blotches. I applied it on a cleansed face with moisturizer and a good primer and applied it first with a dense brush then the next day with just my fingers and still got the same results. Also, didn't give me enough coverage even though it says you can built it up to full coverage. It's just too sheer to cover up redness and uneveness. I'm taking it back to Sephora today to try the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus which I was initially going to buy. I hope I have better luck with that one

on 4/8/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is amazing foundation that covers very well. I would say it's full coverage and hides scarring, redness, etc.
However, it is pretty hard to apply this foundation and it is too drying, too matte for my skin.
It is also very expensive ($42) and it's not even that grat. My face felt like I have a mask on - its just too thick.
Also, after few hours it was little bit seperated on my skin and you could definately tell it's no more natural looking makeup.

on 3/29/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I've gone from having extremely oily skin to having very dry skin, thanks to the Accutane treatment I'm currently undergoing.
When I tried this foundation, it didn't accentuate my dry patches as much as my previous foundation (MAC ProLong Wear). And what I especially loved about this LM foundation is that it looked more natural than any other foundation I've EVER tried. But that being said, the coverage is minimal. It didn't cover my acne scarring, even after stippling a few layers. What's worse, it didn't do much for the redness on my cheeks. This foundation would be amazing for someone with very little to cover, but I suppose most of us wear foundation in the first place because we have something to cover.
So just to wrap up
Pros:
very natural-looking, even after applying many layers
felt like I was wearing no makeup
good color match
nice packaging
didn't accentuate dry patches
Cons:
too sheer to cover redness or acne scarring

Way overpriced for how mediocre it actually is. It dries very quickly and is hard to blend. The color match is off. I have pale skin and the lightest shade was too dark and "rosey". Offers okay coverage, I wouldn't say full. I bought this without reading reviews hoping it would be good but it just did not live up to my expectations. Will not repurchase.

Overall, it's a solid foundation. It overs a good, full coverage and has good staying power. It's oil free formula attracted me because I'm acne prone, and as far as I can remember it didn't contribute to any breakouts. However, if you have combination skin like me and have areas that get dry it may not be a good fit. It's not moisturizing at all and really exaggerates dryness.

It's definitely on the pricey side, but I do think it is a pretty solid product if you have oily skin and are looking for a fuller coverage liquid foundation. It was a little too heavy for me, personally. But it may appeal to those who favor heavier coverage.

on 3/5/2012 10:47:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for the last year in Sunny Beige. I have clear skin, but have redness and uneven skin tone in certain areas. I like the finish of this foundation, however I do not like the feel of it on my skin. it is a very thick formula and feel like I am wearing a ton of make-up on my face. It makes my skin feel tired, and does not last a full day. I moisturize my face and wear a primer before the foundation goes on, and by the end of the day, you can see the redness coming through.

on 2/20/2012 1:14:00 PM

Love the pump top on this. I have tried many foundations over the years from drug store brands to MAC, Estee Lauder, Prescriptives, etc... The Laura Mercier goes on very well with a foundation brush. I van get wonderful even skin tone for my blotchy skin and it's not caked on looking like MAC can get. I can wear it and yet not feel like my face is pasted with makeup. Works wonderfully with my oily skin.

on 2/10/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

when I first used this foundation it looked really good but after a few hours it ended up drying my skin out like crazy and set into fine lines. Dont like it. The bottle it comes in is nice though thats the only good part.