April 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Way overpriced for how mediocre it actually is. It dries very quickly and is hard to blend. The color match is off. I have pale skin and the lightest shade was too dark and "rosey". Offers okay coverage, I wouldn't say full. I bought this without reading reviews hoping it would be good but it just did not live up to my expectations. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

Overall, it's a solid foundation. It overs a good, full coverage and has good staying power. It's oil free formula attracted me because I'm acne prone, and as far as I can remember it didn't contribute to any breakouts. However, if you have combination skin like me and have areas that get dry it may not be a good fit. It's not moisturizing at all and really exaggerates dryness.

It's definitely on the pricey side, but I do think it is a pretty solid product if you have oily skin and are looking for a fuller coverage liquid foundation. It was a little too heavy for me, personally. But it may appeal to those who favor heavier coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Naroud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for the last year in Sunny Beige. I have clear skin, but have redness and uneven skin tone in certain areas. I like the finish of this foundation, however I do not like the feel of it on my skin. it is a very thick formula and feel like I am wearing a ton of make-up on my face. It makes my skin feel tired, and does not last a full day. I moisturize my face and wear a primer before the foundation goes on, and by the end of the day, you can see the redness coming through.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by jmccall93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love the pump top on this. I have tried many foundations over the years from drug store brands to MAC, Estee Lauder, Prescriptives, etc... The Laura Mercier goes on very well with a foundation brush. I van get wonderful even skin tone for my blotchy skin and it's not caked on looking like MAC can get. I can wear it and yet not feel like my face is pasted with makeup. Works wonderfully with my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

when I first used this foundation it looked really good but after a few hours it ended up drying my skin out like crazy and set into fine lines. Dont like it. The bottle it comes in is nice though thats the only good part.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by tashnlou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't like this at all. Usually use the silk-cream range but as the shop was out of stock thought I would try this.

I agree the product looked nice initially after application, but that faded quickly and the foundation appeared patchy and I felt the need to continually retouch throughout the day even though I used it with the oil-free primer. I have tried the foundation without primer also and it wore off ridiculously quickly and I am not even particularly oily.

I do think that there is a good colour range in the collection, particularly for those with yellow undertones however I also thought that this foundation started to discolour on my face throughout the day, which is surprising for an oil free and it doesn't glide on very well so you do end up using a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Keilyn

I really wanted this foundation to work, but I have to say it's horrible for me. It does nothing to control my oily areas, it actually worsens the oil production. Within three hours the foundation was literally melting off my face and it turned chalky and with a weird grayish tone. Maybe it's because I live in a tropical climate and work indoors and outdoors, so the temperature changes could wreck havoc on the makeup. I also found that the coverage was too sheer for me and I don't have too many problems, just redness and light discoloration. I tried every method of application -brush, sponge, fingers- and with and without primer to see if i would make a difference, but nothing helped. I have since found a better foundation (surprisingly enough, a DS brand, Revlon Colorstay) so this will be another foundation that will be staying at the back of my medicine cabinet...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by aurs2578

This foundation looked perfect when I first put it on. It matches my skin perfectly and has great coverage. However, every time I used this, my skin ended up looking worse at the end of the day. It looked like my skin was very dry and it didn't stick to the oily skin so my skin looked very uneven and not so pretty. I have tried using different methods of application but nothing has worked. Very disappointed but perhaps another one of LM's foundations will work for me instead.
EDIT:
Alright so my skin has improved greatly in both how it looks and its texture so I decided to try this foundation out again. It is perfect!! It provides just enough coverage and looks so natural on my skin. It is unfortunate that nice skin is needed to wear this makeup though since usually we use makeup to make our skin at least appear nice. I'm still very happy that this makeup finally works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Iphigeneia

Laura Mercier's foundations are the only ones that work for me (due to superior color-match), but each one has its own small flaw that makes it just short of perfect. The Oil-Free foundation provides the perfect medium level of coverage, but it took me years to find the right primer and method of application to avoid the thick, sticky, cakey look.

The magic formula: Sephora's Ultra-Smoothing Primer, and then lightly dot foundation all over the face with fingertips, and then blend. The right primer was absolutely the key. It lasts all day, perfect, and feels utterly weightless. The only reason this doesn't get a 5 is that, without the right primer, this is very tough to work with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Expensive. I except a little something more from such a pricy bottle.

Med-Full coverage, staying power is about 5 hours with light/moderate activety.