August 23, 2014 | 973 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mllryjo

I love this moisturizer, I use the Combination/Oily and if I ever stray from it I always come back. It doesn't break my oily, acne prone skin out and, in fact, I think it helps my break outs by normalizing my skin. The price tag is steep but a bottle for me lasts 6 months, so I really only buy it twice or three times a year, so in the long run it's not bad since I use it every single night. This is my HG night moisturizer. I use it on top of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and I'm never going to stop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I just used up my first jar of Clinique Super Rescue and I'm a little bummed that it's finished. I really like this night cream- it's nice and rich and creamy but not too much so. Never any problems with greasiness or clogged pores or any irritation. Just smooth and hydrated skin. And the added benefit of antioxidants as well. This is really lovely, I'd definitely buy this again. Another great skincare product from Clinique!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by rawbbyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

If it wasn't for the ghastly smell, I would be a fan; I just can't get over the pungent/chemical/artificial scent that lingers.
Compared to Clinique moisturizer pots, I LOVE the bottle. It is so easy to squeeze out, and you don't feel like you are contaminating your moisturizer everytime you open the jar, like I do with moisture surge and the others.
It is a very light-yet-effective moisturizer, I can feel it when I get up, but it doesn't break me out, but it's just that smell!!! :( Please Clnique, give it a smell similar to Patricia Wexler's oil-free hydrator, a natural honey-wheat smell, or SAMPAR's night time rescue mask, a light rose, and I will be your biggest fan!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by kimf79

I just rebought this moisturizer, 2nd bottle. I was using the dry combination which I liked but it felt a little cloying on my skin, a little heavy - but besides that I was pretty satisfied with it. I know there are a lot of antioxidants and the packaging keeps these ingredients stable and in good condition. So even though my skin type is normal to dry, I actually bought the Super Rescur for Oily skin. This formula feels like a lighter version of the Dry Combination. The SA told me the difference was that the dry combo version is oil based and the oily version is water based. I think I prefer the water based version. Still seems hydrating and does the job but feels nice and light and absorbs well!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this!! I have the Combination/Oily skin and all I can say this is perfect must have on your skincare.. I make this a partner of my DDMG every night and Its awesome also this is expensive but I think its worth it

Pros
Improves my skin texture
Strengthens my skin
I can see the results
It doesnt break me out!
Doesnt contain fragrance

Cons
Super duper EXPENSIVE !! last me for a month
55 Cad $ plus tax .

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Mia_8030

I am sorry to break the string of good reviews for this product. I tend to end up a complete mess with most Clinique moisturisers, so pelase bear that in mind if reading my review and considering using/not using the product based on my views.

I found that Super Rescue (I purchased the combo/oily version) caused quite a bit of irritation and burning for a few minutes after application. The cream was very light and easily absorbed but did not seem to do anything at all for my skin - I would not recommend this for anyone who needs the slightest bit of moisture to take care of occasional flaky skin.

My real complaint with Super Rescue is that I developed huge clogged pores that would develop further into painful spots. I usually don't have very much luck with moisturisers and find that a formula heavy on the silicones will produce breakout and clogged pores regardless. I discontinued use for a little bit a tried Super Rescue gain - same issue happened.

I know that not everyone will experience the problems that I did with Super Resuce, but for me it was not worth the money at all. I have learned my final lesson from Clinique and will stay away in the future. The moisturizer formulas have not worked for me over the years and I will no longer plunk down cash only to end up frustrated with broken out skin. There are products that Clinique can do very well, but sadly the moisturisers are OFF LIMITS for me.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by matildaCPH

I have tried all moisturizers out there and this is the only one I always come back to. I use only fragrance-free skin products and love the natural "medicinal" odor of all Clinique products. I use the one for combination/dry skin. It is rich enough yet not greasy. Moisturizes well. The only problem I have with this is the packaging. Still better than jars etc to keep the ingredients stable but the air still gets sucked into the tube when I am halfway through it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Ruiz4books

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG status!! This is the only one out of all my products that has gotten this claim. I will continue to use this until the end of time and I hope it's never disconnected!

Background: I have oily, acne prone skin and to combat that I started a night time routine that involved using 10% bp. As a result, my acne cleared up but my face became severely dry at night once the medication once applied. So, I decided to use a night time moisturizer, which due to how oily my skin is, is something I previously never had to do. Anyways, I tried a cream from my favorite brand Neutrogena, which to my shock was absolutely horrible and broke me out in huge cystic bumps. I tossed that. Next I tried Clinuque's moisture surge which was an absolute dud. I might as well have rub nothing on my skin because it gave me no moisture what so ever. I returned that. In exchange I picked up this gem. That was around February and I have been using it ever since. Absolutely amazing!!

I apply this every night after I cleanse my face and use a generous amount of 10% bp. The first time I used it, I was highly impressed at how well it did at eliminating the dryness that was occurring, including the scaly patches I was getting at my temples. It felt creamy but not greasy and left my face feeling incredibly soft. Others have mentioned this and I will agree that I do get a slight warming sensation when I first apply it, but I actually enjoy that feeling and it goes away within seconds. So it passed the first test in that it actually moisturizes. Now, I was concerned that it might break me out like the Neutrogena night cream so I monitored my face very carefully for any signs of clogged pores or cystic acne. If I got even one pimple I would stop using the moisturizer and see if cleared up. Well as I was doing this, I started to notice something, on the nights I had the occasional pimple and didn't use this, my pimples would actually take longer to heal than when I used this. I decided put that to the test and stop using this for a week and see how long it took the redness to fade from any lingering spots. It took the whole week. The next time I got a spot, I used this every night and any redness was gone in 3 days!! I was blown away. I'm not saying this clears my pimples, the bp does that, but for some reason, this amazing product seems help speed up my skins natural healing process. I used to have left over pigmentation from spots for at least a week if not more, now it barely lasts a few days. Since I've been using this product for a few months now, my skin looks absolutely glowing. All my dryness is gone, I have no more red spots, and my skin looks soft and radiant.

I do wish it was less expensive but I will gladly fork over my money for this product. Like I said, I've had it since February and I still have half the tube left. You don't need to use much of it. Depending on how dry my skin is, I use less than a pea size to a little more than a pea. Excellent product. Clinique hit it out of the ball park with this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good night moisturizer, probably the best one I've tried. I bought the one for combination/dry skin. It moisturizes very well without feeling heavy, greasy or sticky on the skin. My skin feels very soft and I don't have any problems with breakouts or negative reactions from my sensitive skin or eyes. It should also be paraben free which is a plus. The smell is pretty neutral, it smells clean and isn't heavy. The only negative thing is that it's a bit expensive, but it's worth it. So far I have been using samples for 2 months now. I would definately buy this!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased my third tube of this product and I'll agree with most of the comments here --- it's moisturizes slightly and has antioxidant protection. However, I notice a slight medicinal odor during application -- has anyone else noticed this. I'm wondering if I may have purchased an older product.

UPDATE: 12/4/2013 - This product stopped working for me. It may be good for those with younger not acne-prone skin. I believe the petroleum, dimethecone and micro-crystalline wax in this product may have caused clogged pores on my cheek that won't go away. I've since moved on to SkinMedica's Rejuvenating Moisturizer recommended by my dermatologist. More expensive by $25, but moisturizes and is not greasy on my aging skin. Total improvement in my mature skin.