October 25, 2014 | 1659 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by surai

I have been using it for 3 months and the result so far is consistent. I use it every time I stay up late at night. In the morning, my skin looks refreshed!!! Not oily and I think it helps in keeping break-outs at bay..I will keep this one a main-stay in my beauty stash!!! Giving it a 4 since it's pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Works decently. It stings sometimes upon application if your skin is pretty dry, but isn't overly sticky. It also seems to sink in pretty well and doesn't seem to have much of an odor. Doesn't break me out. Over all it's a good night moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

I tried the dry/very dry formula as a day cream. The cream didn't irritate my sensitive skin, but it has a thick, dry texture that makes it difficult to apply evenly. It didn't feel or look moisturizing on my skin. I had to rinse it off and reapply serum and apply Vaseline to restore my skin's moisture level. Definitely not for my dry/very dry skin.
I like that this moisturizer comes in a sanitary tube and not in a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mllryjo

I love this moisturizer, I use the Combination/Oily and if I ever stray from it I always come back. It doesn't break my oily, acne prone skin out and, in fact, I think it helps my break outs by normalizing my skin. The price tag is steep but a bottle for me lasts 6 months, so I really only buy it twice or three times a year, so in the long run it's not bad since I use it every single night. This is my HG night moisturizer. I use it on top of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and I'm never going to stop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I just used up my first jar of Clinique Super Rescue and I'm a little bummed that it's finished. I really like this night cream- it's nice and rich and creamy but not too much so. Never any problems with greasiness or clogged pores or any irritation. Just smooth and hydrated skin. And the added benefit of antioxidants as well. This is really lovely, I'd definitely buy this again. Another great skincare product from Clinique!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by rawbbyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

If it wasn't for the ghastly smell, I would be a fan; I just can't get over the pungent/chemical/artificial scent that lingers.
Compared to Clinique moisturizer pots, I LOVE the bottle. It is so easy to squeeze out, and you don't feel like you are contaminating your moisturizer everytime you open the jar, like I do with moisture surge and the others.
It is a very light-yet-effective moisturizer, I can feel it when I get up, but it doesn't break me out, but it's just that smell!!! :( Please Clnique, give it a smell similar to Patricia Wexler's oil-free hydrator, a natural honey-wheat smell, or SAMPAR's night time rescue mask, a light rose, and I will be your biggest fan!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by kimf79

I just rebought this moisturizer, 2nd bottle. I was using the dry combination which I liked but it felt a little cloying on my skin, a little heavy - but besides that I was pretty satisfied with it. I know there are a lot of antioxidants and the packaging keeps these ingredients stable and in good condition. So even though my skin type is normal to dry, I actually bought the Super Rescur for Oily skin. This formula feels like a lighter version of the Dry Combination. The SA told me the difference was that the dry combo version is oil based and the oily version is water based. I think I prefer the water based version. Still seems hydrating and does the job but feels nice and light and absorbs well!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this!! I have the Combination/Oily skin and all I can say this is perfect must have on your skincare.. I make this a partner of my DDMG every night and Its awesome also this is expensive but I think its worth it

Pros
Improves my skin texture
Strengthens my skin
I can see the results
It doesnt break me out!
Doesnt contain fragrance

Cons
Super duper EXPENSIVE !! last me for a month
55 Cad $ plus tax .

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Mia_8030

I am sorry to break the string of good reviews for this product. I tend to end up a complete mess with most Clinique moisturisers, so pelase bear that in mind if reading my review and considering using/not using the product based on my views.

I found that Super Rescue (I purchased the combo/oily version) caused quite a bit of irritation and burning for a few minutes after application. The cream was very light and easily absorbed but did not seem to do anything at all for my skin - I would not recommend this for anyone who needs the slightest bit of moisture to take care of occasional flaky skin.

My real complaint with Super Rescue is that I developed huge clogged pores that would develop further into painful spots. I usually don't have very much luck with moisturisers and find that a formula heavy on the silicones will produce breakout and clogged pores regardless. I discontinued use for a little bit a tried Super Rescue gain - same issue happened.

I know that not everyone will experience the problems that I did with Super Resuce, but for me it was not worth the money at all. I have learned my final lesson from Clinique and will stay away in the future. The moisturizer formulas have not worked for me over the years and I will no longer plunk down cash only to end up frustrated with broken out skin. There are products that Clinique can do very well, but sadly the moisturisers are OFF LIMITS for me.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by matildaCPH

I have tried all moisturizers out there and this is the only one I always come back to. I use only fragrance-free skin products and love the natural "medicinal" odor of all Clinique products. I use the one for combination/dry skin. It is rich enough yet not greasy. Moisturizes well. The only problem I have with this is the packaging. Still better than jars etc to keep the ingredients stable but the air still gets sucked into the tube when I am halfway through it.