December 18, 2014 | 875 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by HelenaReviews

Great for moisturising, but I only have slightly dry skin on my body, so I'm not sure it quite lives up to its supposed suitability for extra dry skin, as my skin didn't feel particularly hydrated, just normal. Inoffensive, not too strong smell, which is good because I hate when my cream or lotion is fighting with my perfume to smelt, and honestly trying to match the two is too tiresome for me. Definitely very thick, I find what works best for me is rather than to take scoop and dry to spread it on my skin, to warm it up a bit, either by placing near my heater or a hair dryer, or simply rubbing my finger on the top in circular motions, and the butter collects there and is far easier to apply. Yes, it is rather expensive ($36NZD for 200ml), but I've barely scratched the surface of mine, so I think it is better value than the other types of body butters sold at TBS that are of a thinner, easier to apply consistency to be honest, as with those it is far easier to apply more than is needed and end up wasting too much and leaving yourself with a greasy residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this body butter. I have tried several varieties of TBS's butters; so far this is my favorite. It's neutral enough to wear every day, and you can even use your favorite fragrance afterwards with no adverse effects. Alone, it's fresh smelling and woodsy, almost a little masculine. Absolutely no fruitiness or flowery smell here. As for the formula, it's stellar and melts into my skin flawlessly. In the summer I add a bit of shimmer powder and put this on my legs and it looks great with a tan. Only negative is the steep price. Sometimes you can get lucky and find this at Marshall's for about $6.99, but it's rare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have re-purchased this product several times. It is my favorite body butter. It makes my skin smooth and supple. The scent is soft and doesn't clash with my perfume (Chanel Coco and Chanel Allure Sensuelle), it actually compliments it. I purchase a few of these online when they have a sale, either in the regular sized tub or the jumbo tub (depending on sale prices). This butter is thick, not heavy, but thick. It is great for fall/winter, and I love to use it before bed. The only other butter I use is The Body Shop Satsuma, which smells like oranges, and I use this when it is really hot/humid as it has a lighter texture (or in the morning for a quick pick-me-up).
Also, I have sensitive skin, and this butter has not caused irritation or body break-outs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

I received this product as a gift in both in 2006 and in 2013. In 2006. I thought the 2006 product smelled fake and a didn't moisturize all that well. The 2013 version smelled good and the body butter version moisturized better. The 2013 version actually cracked when I attempted to spread it, as you would expect fro Shea body butter. I use it on my feet and hands. I would repurchase assuming the Body Shop would not re-formulate.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

This is pricey (20$CDN on regular price) but for 196g, you can use it daily for at least a month. So far, i like the smell, its easy to spread but the moisturizing effect are still not enough for our canadian winter (high heating, so very dry). i find myself needing to apply a generous amount on a daily basis for the skin not to be flaky, which is a bit annoying (yes i am looking for a product that will "improve" the moisture level of my skin over time, becoming less dependant on a moisturizer)... would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm such a fan of TBS body butters. They're so moisturizing but don't leave my skin sticky or oily. This one in particular has a very nice scent but at the same time it's very neutral, so it's good for those who are picky about scents.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

My go to for winter skin.

Plus I have eczema, so that goes to say a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Amina22

I've been using it for years now. I use alot of other body butters but i can say this is my staple. I love that the scent lingers but its not too overpowering. It keeps my skin hydrated too for a long time. I will keep buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Xante87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this bodybutter! It's very moisturizing and the smell is heavenly. It's a light, nutty scent. When you put the butter on it melts on your skin, so you do not need a lot of the product. It's my favorite of all body butters and it does good stuff for my very dry skin in winter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am completely obsessed with the scent of this body butter. It smells like the cleanest, warmest, most perfect thing you can put on your body. I am a perfume whore and where different scents nearly every day and haven't run into anything that I couldn't wear this body butter under.

I originally purchased this for my pregnant tummy and it is doing a great job of moisturizing and keeping the itchies away. I can't speak to any stretch mark miracles because I am only five months in and have been moisturizing like crazy so nothing yet, but I don't know what is in store for me. However, this body butter feels incredible and my skin hasn't felt taught at all.