April 17, 2014 | 1032 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by grapeape789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This absolutely keeps my MUFE HD foundation looking fresh ALL day long. Without it, after a few hours, it would start to either settle into lines that don't show with a bare face or separate if my t-zone was acting up. It would start to look greasy after a few hours and I'm really not oily. I love how natural looking and easy to apply the MUFE HD is but my biggest issue with it was always longevity. I never liked primer before finding this one. They all made me break out, felt heavy, and didn't make a noticeable difference for me.
This has not irritated my skin at all. It has a very light texture- very wet but dries in a few seconds and then feels like nothing extra on my face at all. I don't know how well it works with other foundations but with the MUFE HD, it's amazing! Aside from keeping the MUFE HD looking freshly applied, I've also noticed it gives it a bit more coverage. I would've never even tried it if I hadn't been given a sample at the Sephora checkout. I always wanted to be able to call HD my HG but without the lasting power, I just couldn't. Now I can :) With the primer, it looks great all day, I use less, and it looks glowy not greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by asantibk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To start off I feel MUF is just a hyped up company that's overly expensive. I received a GC from Sephora and decided to purchase this since I heard it was better than the porefecting primer from UD and the Smashbox primer. I noticed this made my face look greasier than what it is. Its already sad enough that I have oily skin but good grief I was shine city, I had to touch up every two hours because of it, not fun. It also made my pores look bigger than what it is. The only thing I liked about it was the pump as I am pro bottles that lets you pump the product instead of dipping your fingers in and eventually contaminate it. I used it until I found a better primer but I would definitely not purchase again. Thank goodness the cash didn't come out of my pockets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I am surprised by the low "repurchase" rating. I'm assuming it's mostly due to the price. It is on the higher side. $36cdn (in Canadian Sephoras). I got the color "0" which is basically "colourless". I have tried higher end primers before that ppl have raved about eg. Laura Mercier (which i found just extremely overpriced esp since i didn't find it did ANYTHING for me) It was just like a put an extra layer of product on my skin for nothing!!!. I got a GC to Sephora from a frd so i decided to give MUFE HD primer a try. I heard many great things about this on youtube. The first time i tried this.. i LOVED it. It did an amazing job in covering all my pores and making my face makeup look flawless. Second time I tried this, i got the same amazing results! I don't notice my pores at all, and it wears very well. The consistency is thinner (liquidy) than i anticipated but that's not a bad thing cuz ONE pump is more than enough to cover my entire face (including my under eye area). All my concealers, foundations glide on beautifully and perfectly over this primer!!! If it weren't for the price... i would not hesitate on purchasing again. However, unless i find a cheaper alternative (which I haven't), I will most likely repurchase when i run out despite the price tag. Oh yeah it has a very light scent.... I find it quite pleasant actually. Hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores which is AWESOME!

for reference: I have dry/combo/sensitive/acne prone skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I got this as a sample in neutral. I really don't wear primer because I don't wear foundation, but apparently primers can be beneficial for other purposes, such as oil control, pore reduction, and perfecting the complexion.
It did not do anything it claimed to do. It did not:
1. enhance my skin's texture
2. deeply nourish, moisturize, or soften my skin
3. create a glowing effect
It also did not do any of the other things that primers are supposed to do. My face was actually more greasy after using this. I will not buy this in full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

I have number #0 neutral and I love this but I hate it for being to expensive.
I'm usually not a primer girl (with moisturizer and sun screen, daily, I with it's more than enough beneath my foundation) but this is so good. And it's not one of those primers that you think you see a ever so slight diference, this is for real.

First of all it controls oils very nicely. I have a couple of foundations that make my face oily really fast so I use this underneath and it makes them look decent a lot longer. I'd love it just for that.
However foundation glides so much better after you put this one, even those ones that dry very quickly seem easier to work with. And this makes look healthier, like I have brighter skin, not oily, bright.
The packaging is also nice, it looks very professional.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My original review is listed on the - neutral 0 version of this product, but I thought I should list it here as well. ~ HG status! I don't know or care what MUFE puts in this stuff but applied in combination with the HD powder and my Duo Mat Powder foundation, my skin is near perfect. I've tried other primers - and all the others (like Bodyography and Smashbox) give you that smooth baby bottom soft texture - nice at first but too heavy leaving my face like the top of an x-tra cheese pizza.. This is how this stuff is different. It's more like a moisturizer with a dash of primer in it. Long story short, I received a deluxe sample from Sephora. One day having run out of my usual moisturizer I decided to try out my sample. I smeared some on and applied some HD powder over and was out the door. But I looked in the car mirror and realized I looked like death - so I smeared on some Duo Mat (literally) on top and was off. Later that day - at work - (keep in mind I work in a ginormous gov't building - so the lighting is terrible and makes everyone look awful) - I had numerous co-workers stop by my desk to tell me how nice my skin looked and wanting to know what I did to make my skin look so nice. Keep in mind I ALWAYS use my duo mat. The only thing different was that I used the primer and put HD powder under my foundation instead of over. (I remember another MUA'er swearing by HD powder under not over foundation.) 11 hours later - at 1 in the morning - my skin still looked freaking awesome. It didn't look like I was wearing any makeup - just like I had great skin and texture. I thought it was a fluke - so I tried the same combination a few days straight. And I got more compliments. I used up my sample and repurchased it (in the travel tube - I didn't feel like breaking open a full size bottle like I did the sample to get the last 30% of product). Love it! I highly recommend trying it in the following order - bare skin - primer-hd powder-foundation. Hands-down easier and better results than if I'd used my KA SSE. And that should say everything. =)~

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It works to keep makeup on, but I don't like it because it is too expensive and doesn't feel like a primer when you apply it and it smells weird! I can't afford to pay like 50$ for a primer when I could get my l'oreal one that works perfectly! And its too liquidy for my taste, compared to the thicker primers out there that feel like primers. I got it in #6 yellow, which didn't really even out my skin as it said it would! Seriously, I highly reccomend saving that money, buying a cheaper primer (they all work the same pretty much) and keep it to buy yourself something special from the MUFE line, like their foundation or a brush or something!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad primer, applies well and has a thin, light weight texture. Comes with a pump so you can't overuse product and keeps it sanitary. Very expensive - probably wont repurchase due to cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by magicpeach10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw no difference when using it with my foundation, and even felt like maybe it was the reason my foundation was transferring.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

To be honest, I can't tell if the primer actually does make my make up stay on for longer. But used together with the HD Liquid Foundation and Loose Powder, I'm pleased with the overall effect.

This hasn't made my skin break out and my make up stays on for 12 hour days. No complaints except it is rather pricey. I should be repurchasing when I'm out, or I might try without a primer to compare. Will update if I do compare.