April 16, 2014 | 1705 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

The sales associate sold me on this after she informed me that is was one of the blackest mascaras on the market. It goes on a little thick, and can be a little clumpy, but for some reason it just works. I really love this mascara! Im currently using Careprost to make my lashes grow and that in conjunction with this mascara I have some pretty intense lashes going on in my life right now.Will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaGirl43

Gives great volume and thickness without clumping. I have tried many different mascaras and this is one of the best that is able to thicken my lashes without leaving them feeling heavy and flaky after 4 or more hours of wear. It is long lasting and light feeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may be my HG mascara. Great volume and length, easy to apply, very little flaking, and it looks awesome. I didn't need a lash brush, it went on without clumping and no spider lashes. I will likely get this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by lisaglam11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It is a drier formula which I like and gives my lashes length and volume. It may just be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by inesvilafanha

This is the best mascara I've ever tried, in my whole life. I've tried (for example) the maybelline one (in the purple packaging) and nothing beats this one.
I wear glasses and this is the only one that makes my eyes really pop out. It's pricey, but I got mine almost a year ago and it's still going. It didn't dry and even if it's not waterproof it doesn't smudge. It's perfect and worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by dlsdls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the most dramatic mascara I have used. I've always thought that black mascaras (whether they are black, very black, extreme black, carbon black, etc.) all just look black. Smoky Lash is the only one I have used that actually seems more than just black. The result is lashes that are sexy and, yes, smoky.

I can get incredible volume with this mascara, but need to keep a lash comb on hand because I can't seem to avoid clumping during application. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like the texture of Smoky Lash once dried. It definitely feels crunchy and unnatural but this doesn't bother me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to go on well (nice brush) and makes lashes look great. My complaint is that it flakes (I have many, many black marks around my eye around the day) and it seems to somehow flake into my eyes, making them hurt (it is now about 3 hours after I have removed it, and I still have pain/burning in my eyes from whatever flaked into them). No, it is not due to something else since the only thing that has varied in my routine is adding the MUFE Smoky Lash Mascara, which I just got at Sephora as a reward for my 500 points. A loser for me, sadly. My favorite is still L'Oreal Beauty Tubes Mascara (and a lot cheaper).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jbwoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a freebie with a purchase from Sephora and I have to say, it's one of the very best I have tried. I have long, thin lashes and I love this because it thickens, darkens, and volumizes. I have a hard time finding mascaras that don't make my lashes look spidery. This gives my lashes a more dramatic look but still feathery. It stays on well, too. I gave it a 4 because it is so pricey. Given that you have to switch mascaras out every 3-4 months I just don't spend much on them. Otherwise a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I personally find this better than the Dior mascaras. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't really wear mascara. I find that after awhile my eyelashes start thinning and falling out. This makes my lashes nice and thick without clumping.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Shakeyhound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara because the sephora girl recommended it since I like a dramatic mascara but also have sensitive eyes. This mascara really does thicken lashes very well, but doesn't do anything to lengthen, which is good for me but I dont think most people will care for that. If you have long lashes this is great, but probably not so much for short lashes.
I have really irritatable, allergy induced watery eyes, and I haven't had any smudging from that, and the one time I got it in my eye it didnt burn or itch at all.
I like this, I will repurchase until I get bored and want to try something else, but even then I can see myself going back to this