December 17, 2014 | 1740 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

No lip balm has worked for me as well as this one. I've tried Burt's Bees, Chapstick, and every other lip balm that claims to moisturize lips. This was the only one I found to do exactly that, and it's not greasy or sticky at all! I happened to find out about this from a makeup guru on YouTube, but I didn't actually buy it for a while until I stopped by at my local Walgreens to pick up a prescription and I happened to see it. It felt a little weird the first time I put some on my lips, it felt like it was too moisturizing, but after a few minutes the product sort of dried out a little and felt fine. Staying power is great, I use this before I wear lip liner and lipstick. I'm on my second tube, and I probably won't switch to another lip balm any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got a sample a while back from their website and i loved it, but didn't purchase more when i finished it because i had some lipbalm that i haven't gone through. since i'm almost finished with nivea moisture i went to walgreens today and got this one and the pink tint one because i never tried it. they were $2.49 ea with coupon. i saved $2, originally was $3.49. it has spf15 higher than my nivea one, very very moisturizing which i need! and it has the minty on your lips when it's on. packaging is great easy to use, and the product is slanted which i prefer more. convenient to carry around. sometimes it feel like the product is a bit oily and goes down to my chin. overall this product is fantastic! i would recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LAYDEEXME

one of the best chapsticks. the only thing i don't like is the carmex taste. it's not like i lick my lip products on purpose but if you accidently get it in your mouth, it is NASTYYYY.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using the regular carmex in a pot and it's ok to use at home but when I'm out I don't want to be sticking my finger into a pot of balm so I figured I'd try this one. I love it and I'll even say it's Hg material. It makes even the driest lipsticks comfortable on my lips for hours and it's lightweight in a nice lipstick type tube. I paid about 3 bucks for it at walmart and I will definitely keep using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

Carmex is one of my favorite lip products, so I had to try this version. I bought it for $2.99 at Walgreens. It is similar to regular Carmex, but feels a lot creamier - it glides on super smoothly, and leaves a touch of natural looking sheen. The smell of the balm isn't as strong as regular Carmex - I happen to enjoy that medicinal smell, but if you don't, you'll be relieved to know that this balm doesn't have a strong menthol scent. It actually smells quite good, like vanilla ice cream with just a hint of Carmex in the background. It does tingle on the lips like all Carmex products do. I notice that this balm tends to last a less amount of time than my other Carmex balms do...so it requires more frequent application. But it does leave my lips soft with a nice gloss to them. The tube is feminine, sleek and slim, and perfectly pocket friendly. You can pull this out without embarrassment because the packaging is nice looking. However, this tube doesn't hold much product, and I found my tube had ran out in about 2-3 weeks...I'm that girl with 20 glosses, balms, and lipsticks in her purse so I apply different products throughout the day, so for something to run out so fast is unusual for me. I found these on sale at Walgreens for 99 cents so I bought 2 more tubes. For that price, I like it, but I wouldn't buy for $3 again because it runs out a little too quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I found my HG lip balm! This is exciting news because I've basically tried everything. Well...not everything given that I refuse to pay more than $10 for a lip balm. I just feel that any limit higher than that would be impractical for a product that I'm going to be constantly reapplying.
Before this, the best I had found was Nivea. I started to hate the texture though, I felt like it just slid right off and I found it to make my lips even drier. I've bounced around between Chapstick, Burts Bees, Alba, and Blistex (deep renewal was pretty good), but this trumps them by far.
My lips (esp. in winter) are always chapped and I'm constantly picking at them, which is just a lovely mental image I know. I'm not kidding either, I would actually go through tubes (yes plural) of lip balm a week because my lips would constantly be flaking and I would keep applying more and more (it was a vicious cycle since the balm is what was most likely the cause but it was the only thing that made my lips feel better). Since using this, I have not had a single instance of dryness. It just glides right on and takes care of any problems. Being a Carmex product, there is a very very slight tingle when you put it on but definitely not as bad as using that famous little Carmex pot (which I actually like).
It's virtually scent-free (thank goodness, I have a very sensitive nose) and I love the sleek little tube and slanted tip. There's also SPF! There is a slightly glossy finish that some might not like but I'm not bothered by it since it's nowhere near as glossy as even a glossy lipstick. Another thing, I can finally wear lipstick whereas previously my lips were always in too bad of a condition for it to apply smoothly.
Perfection! Truly! I've already bought 3 back-ups, please don't discontinue!

EDIT: I'm actually deducting a point since I've noticed that this runs out very quickly. I did a little comparison with various other lip balms I have and I am shocked at how little product Carmex gives you! Carmex comes in a .075 oz/2 gr package compared to eos' (the sphere) .25 oz/7 gr, Nivea's .17 oz/4.8 gr, Chapstick Lip Moisturizer's .35/10 gr, and Alba's .15 oz/4.2gr. Considering all of those brands are the same price or cheaper than Carmex, it seems like less of a value since lip balm is something I use so often throughout the day. It's still a great formula though and since it has SPF, I can use it only during the day if I ever become overly concerned about how quickly I go through it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whip from my target for about $2-$3. The packaging is sleek and very easy to travel with. The product is super smooth and thin. (which is a 180 from the original Carmex: a bit goopy and thick) This lip balm also has a tingly feel from the menthol in the product. (which I love!) The scent is pretty similar to the regular Carmex. (a generic medicated scent, not my choice scent but it doesn't bother me too much) This lip balm is very comfortable on my lips and moisturizes and stays on for an average amount of time. The only thing is that you don't get much product for what you pay for. (Carmex Moisture Plus has less product to offer and costs more.) I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an SPF lip balm. People who expect this to be like the regular Carmex formula should be warned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by crochetbella

I love this lip balm! I'm on amnesteem (accutane) right now and my lips are so dry. But the Moisture Plus is helping so much. I went out and bought a tube for every room in the house so I always have it nearby. It has a slight shine which is nice on its own but it also works great under lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by harpiequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Carmex, so I had to have this. Huge mistake. It wears off so quickly that I went through my tube in 4 days. 4 days! And on top of that, it made my lipline really irritated and red while it was on. (I have no idea why, because regular Carmex and I get along great.) This was such a waste. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by thisyearsgirl

I cannot say enough about this lip balm. I have a pretty big pout, and I have tried virtually every lip product I can find. I always ended up with chapped lips until I came across this product. This goes on slick without being gooey or sticky. There is no caking, clumping, or feathering. I can slide my lipstick right over top of the lip balm and it looks fantastic. I reapply after I eat lunch and right before bed (maybe more often depending on the weather). This is very inexpensive and a must-have for me!