Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

4.1

active ingredients: Octinoxate, Oxybenzone. Other ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis

on 11/28/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Do not test on Animals (reliable)
NOT Vegan (official rep says their byproducts are acquired in a benign fashion, whatever that means.)

On a fluke I bought this lip balm. I hated it at first because I hated the way it smelled and wrote a bad review, but then I fell in love with it. I got used to the scent, and noticed that it makes my lips look super sexy and healthy! Works a million times better than Burt's Bees.

Ingredients:
Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Ethylhexyl Salicylate(Octisalate), Homosalatem, Octocrylene aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter fruit), C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, persea gratissima (avocado butter), petrolatum, phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, saccharin, sorbitan isostearate, tocopheryl linoleate (vitamin E linoleate), tribehenin
01/18/13

on 8/27/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

If there's one cosmetic product I can't live without, it's lip balm. Nothing drives me crazier than not having moisturized lips - it's been a pet peeve of mine since I can remember! For years, I've tried almost every single brand of lip balm/chap stick.. the ones in the twist up tubes, the ones in the squeeze tubes, the ones in the pots.. medicated ones, flavored ones, waxy ones.. to be honest, I've always stayed away from the Carmex brand - I tried the original Carmex in the pot when I was in high school, and while it did its job moisturizing, I couldn't stand the medicine-y smell and heavy, waxy feel on my lips.

But I watched YouTube guru LoveBlendnBeauty's favorites video one day, and she raved about Carmex Moisture Plus, saying it's the best she's ever tried etc. Luckily for me, they happened to be on sale at Walgreens during that time, so I picked one up. Long story short, I've finally found my HG lip balm - which is amazing, bc I am SO picky with my lip balms. Here's what I found after my first time using up an entire tube (also unheard of for me, I NEVER like my lip balms enough to finish entire tubes of any brand):

Carmex Moisture Plus:

PROS:

- pleasant Vanilla scent (not medicine-y or minty at all, which I love. the scent is actually reminiscent of MAC lipsticks, which I also love)
- smooth, buttery, slick texture. goes right on and instantly makes lips feel soft and "quenched"
- lasts a decent amount of time, however I like it so much that I find myself reapplying constantly
- sleek and pretty silver packaging - aesthetically nicer than other lip balm packaging
- slanted tip for easy application
- works great over/under lipstick, lipliners, lipgloss

CONS:

- at $3 for only .075oz/2g of product, it's pretty pricey (versus, for example, a tube of regular ChapStick for $1 at .15/4g of product. but I like this formula so much that I'd rather shell out the $ for a quality product that I actually use up)
- it melts easily, so be sure to keep it in a cool place. it's necessary for me to have on in my car, so for that tube, i just accept the fact that it'll melt on days that it's hot (in which case, i use my fingers to apply it from the tube). if it melts though, no need to throw it away - once it gets back to regular/cool temperature, it solidifies right back up - good as new & definitely usable.
- since there is very little product (only 2 grams), it's easy to go through a tube FAST, especially if you apply constantly throughout the day like I do.

Overall, it's an awesome product & HG status in my experience. If you have dry lips & are always on the hunt for lip balms, I'd recommend giving this product a try!

on 8/21/2011 4:47:00 PM

So I went on vacation and my lips got horribly chapped on the plane. My lips were so dry that it was beginning to get painful, especially on the edges. I remembered I had read good reviews of the Carmex Tinted Moisture Plus lip balms, so I was planning to get that at CVS, but they didn't have it so I wound up getting this instead. I began using it every now and then and after two days my lips were in perfect condition once again! Really great lip balm, softens and heals, feels smooth, nice packaging, and pretty long lasting. Highly recommended!

on 7/14/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

ok i love this! it smells good and it hydrates very good! i like the cap and the twisty thing! i think a lo of product is in it! i love this so much and i love carmex!

on 6/10/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I finally figured out that this stuff was causing all these nasty reoccurring zits--sometimes they'd be cysts and sometimes they'd be just tiny pimples--around my mouth for the past year. Watch out for it 'cause it took me a while to figure it out; when it became summer, it suddenly started to happen a lot more frequently--basically every time I wore this stuff. The worst thing is that this was by far my favorite lip balm EVER. It gives the prefect amount of hydration and shine without creating stickiness or worse, a lingering aftertaste.

on 5/18/2011 11:08:00 PM

No lip balm has worked for me as well as this one. I've tried Burt's Bees, Chapstick, and every other lip balm that claims to moisturize lips. This was the only one I found to do exactly that, and it's not greasy or sticky at all! I happened to find out about this from a makeup guru on YouTube, but I didn't actually buy it for a while until I stopped by at my local Walgreens to pick up a prescription and I happened to see it. It felt a little weird the first time I put some on my lips, it felt like it was too moisturizing, but after a few minutes the product sort of dried out a little and felt fine. Staying power is great, I use this before I wear lip liner and lipstick. I'm on my second tube, and I probably won't switch to another lip balm any time soon.

on 4/4/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i got a sample a while back from their website and i loved it, but didn't purchase more when i finished it because i had some lipbalm that i haven't gone through. since i'm almost finished with nivea moisture i went to walgreens today and got this one and the pink tint one because i never tried it. they were $2.49 ea with coupon. i saved $2, originally was $3.49. it has spf15 higher than my nivea one, very very moisturizing which i need! and it has the minty on your lips when it's on. packaging is great easy to use, and the product is slanted which i prefer more. convenient to carry around. sometimes it feel like the product is a bit oily and goes down to my chin. overall this product is fantastic! i would recommend this!

on 3/5/2011 2:49:00 PM

one of the best chapsticks. the only thing i don't like is the carmex taste. it's not like i lick my lip products on purpose but if you accidently get it in your mouth, it is NASTYYYY.

on 2/25/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I had been using the regular carmex in a pot and it's ok to use at home but when I'm out I don't want to be sticking my finger into a pot of balm so I figured I'd try this one. I love it and I'll even say it's Hg material. It makes even the driest lipsticks comfortable on my lips for hours and it's lightweight in a nice lipstick type tube. I paid about 3 bucks for it at walmart and I will definitely keep using this.

Carmex is one of my favorite lip products, so I had to try this version. I bought it for $2.99 at Walgreens. It is similar to regular Carmex, but feels a lot creamier - it glides on super smoothly, and leaves a touch of natural looking sheen. The smell of the balm isn't as strong as regular Carmex - I happen to enjoy that medicinal smell, but if you don't, you'll be relieved to know that this balm doesn't have a strong menthol scent. It actually smells quite good, like vanilla ice cream with just a hint of Carmex in the background. It does tingle on the lips like all Carmex products do. I notice that this balm tends to last a less amount of time than my other Carmex balms do...so it requires more frequent application. But it does leave my lips soft with a nice gloss to them. The tube is feminine, sleek and slim, and perfectly pocket friendly. You can pull this out without embarrassment because the packaging is nice looking. However, this tube doesn't hold much product, and I found my tube had ran out in about 2-3 weeks...I'm that girl with 20 glosses, balms, and lipsticks in her purse so I apply different products throughout the day, so for something to run out so fast is unusual for me. I found these on sale at Walgreens for 99 cents so I bought 2 more tubes. For that price, I like it, but I wouldn't buy for $3 again because it runs out a little too quickly.

Popular Lip Treatments