July 30, 2014 | 1914 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Donnadondonfair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I sensitive skin, but oiler in the t-zone and lots of blackheads and conjested skin...
if you mix baking soda with a little bit of water so that it is a paste texture and use as an exfoliator its amazing, your blackheads literally go away!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by katiepoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried my first home remedy skin treatment this week! A total win. I had a really mean blemish that wasn't going away with my spot treatment stuff, so I made a baking soda mask with some water, wore it for 15 mins, and it dried up over night. I did not experience the intense burning as others have noted, just some tingling. As others have mentioned, be sure to slap lotion on right after since it definitely dried out my entire face. If you have dry skin, this is not for you - my skin is still a bit dry two days later.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I dip my Olay Pro-X brush in baking soda, and it is a great gentle abrasive for exfoliation. It's cheap and seems to help dry out pimples. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love baking' soda!!!! I use it to clean puke,dog pee (when my dog has accidents),brush my teeth,face exfoliating,to bake,to get rid of refrigerator odors ecg!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the most underrated skincare products.

t's cheap and super effective. I have acne prone skin and this makes it so smooth and soft! My skin actually glows after I use this. Others have suggested ways to apply this so I won't get into that. This has a permanent spot in my skincare routine, nothing I've used has been as effective and yet gentle and affordable as baking soda. Highly recommended!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's great, gentle face exfoliant mixed with cleanser. Sometimes too gentle, then I use extra fine sugar instead. However, it's cheap and works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am extremely allergic to soap, bodywash, etc, etc and so out of desperation I turned to baking soda.
It took a little bit of getting used to and I have found that when it is very watered down it works wonderfully.
Not all baking soda is the same and the best in my opinion is Arm and Hammer.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This may be a new use of baking soda. I have been visiting Las Vegas where it's hot and humid and my crystal rock deodorant is not cutting it. I have been pre-washing my armpits with baking soda and then using soap and the body order is almost gone. It's a great tip!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

I will never buy another expensive face scrub again! I have been using baking soda as a face scrub every 4 days or so and the improvement to my pores alone has been very noticeable. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with mild rosacea- so I am very gentle when I use this. Overall, my face is much smoother, pores are tighter- and cleaner! I will continue to use this multi-use gem!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I've used baking soda in a lot of homemade personal care ingredients and it irritates the heck out of my skin. It took me a while to target because it is such a common ingredient in homemade personal care items alongside many others, but when I started to experiment without it all of my rashes cleared up. I don't think anyone should be using baking soda on their skin. Fact is that baking soda has a relatively high pH of 9 so it is fairly basic and items on either extreme end of the pH scale are NOT things that you should be using on your skin. As well baking soda is used to break down limescale buildup, remove tough stains and clean through very resilient compounds...why on earth is this being made out to be safe to use on your delicate skin? The rashes that baking soda left on my skin weren't rashes, they were chemical burns and chemical burns from baking soda are not uncommon at all. Just because something doesn't react as badly on your skin as it did immediately on mine DOES NOT mean that it is good for you! I recommend that everyone avoid baking soda as a personal care item.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No