August 20, 2014 | 1590 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by pfinstir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been reading the posts here and felt the need to add my two cents. This is one of the most amazing, inexpensive means of keeping my skin blemish and dark spot free. I use baking soda as a facial cleanser daily. I have tried so many other products (and I do mean a lot, including retin A) and none were as effective as the baking soda. I have oily/combination skin and the baking soda removes at least 90% or more of the oil from my skin.

A great byproduct was the elimination of dark spots. If I get a blemish, which is so rare now, the baking soda eliminates the resulting dark spot, almost immediately. I allow the paste to dry and then rinse it off while showering. I keep the baking soda paste in a cute glass jar, and a box of baking soda nearby, so I can replenish my jar.

Moisturizing immediately after rinsing is a must. I use two or three drops of cosmetic grade Argan oil, Aveeno CLEAN COMPLEXION moisturizer and a sunblock. Even my husband commented on my beautiful skin. While battling the flu, I didn't follow my baking soda regime and the breakouts returned almost immediately. I, like a few other users, combine baking soda with my toothpaste. I love baking soda!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Donnadondonfair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I sensitive skin, but oiler in the t-zone and lots of blackheads and conjested skin...
if you mix baking soda with a little bit of water so that it is a paste texture and use as an exfoliator its amazing, your blackheads literally go away!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by katiepoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried my first home remedy skin treatment this week! A total win. I had a really mean blemish that wasn't going away with my spot treatment stuff, so I made a baking soda mask with some water, wore it for 15 mins, and it dried up over night. I did not experience the intense burning as others have noted, just some tingling. As others have mentioned, be sure to slap lotion on right after since it definitely dried out my entire face. If you have dry skin, this is not for you - my skin is still a bit dry two days later.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I dip my Olay Pro-X brush in baking soda, and it is a great gentle abrasive for exfoliation. It's cheap and seems to help dry out pimples. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love baking' soda!!!! I use it to clean puke,dog pee (when my dog has accidents),brush my teeth,face exfoliating,to bake,to get rid of refrigerator odors ecg!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the most underrated skincare products.

t's cheap and super effective. I have acne prone skin and this makes it so smooth and soft! My skin actually glows after I use this. Others have suggested ways to apply this so I won't get into that. This has a permanent spot in my skincare routine, nothing I've used has been as effective and yet gentle and affordable as baking soda. Highly recommended!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's great, gentle face exfoliant mixed with cleanser. Sometimes too gentle, then I use extra fine sugar instead. However, it's cheap and works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am extremely allergic to soap, bodywash, etc, etc and so out of desperation I turned to baking soda.
It took a little bit of getting used to and I have found that when it is very watered down it works wonderfully.
Not all baking soda is the same and the best in my opinion is Arm and Hammer.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This may be a new use of baking soda. I have been visiting Las Vegas where it's hot and humid and my crystal rock deodorant is not cutting it. I have been pre-washing my armpits with baking soda and then using soap and the body order is almost gone. It's a great tip!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

I will never buy another expensive face scrub again! I have been using baking soda as a face scrub every 4 days or so and the improvement to my pores alone has been very noticeable. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with mild rosacea- so I am very gentle when I use this. Overall, my face is much smoother, pores are tighter- and cleaner! I will continue to use this multi-use gem!