September 16, 2014 | 1837 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by tooflymakeupartist

I can't believe all the horrible reviews for this! woah it goes to show you ladies that what product may work for one may not for another! different mascaras work differently for everyone. I purchased this a few days ago and i am impressed for the price i felt it delivered really accurate results, I wore it the last couple of days and im getting asked quite frequently if i am wearing false lashes, the only problem i have is that it does take atleast for 4 coats and brush building to get the results i want, thats why i rated this product a 4, other than that i will buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by vaginasarescary

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is so-so. The primer goes on well but the mascara doesn't go on very well over it. It didn't do much for my lashes in the end. LashBlast Fusion will always be my very favorite. I actually decided to buy this instead of LashBlast Fusion >:/ I shouldn't have done that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by filamgirl618

So I don't quite understand all the negative comments on this product. I actually kinda like it. Granted I'm somewhat of a mascara virgin (I used to HATE wearing mascara), but I'm working my way around. I was slightly hesitant to buying this due to the poor reviews, but I was at Walgreen's and decided to take a chance (and in any case if I didn't like it, I could always return it). Let's just start with the primer side. I haven't ever used a mascara primer, but for what I have I can tell that it somewhat lengthens and "plumps" my lashes. The mascara side is so-so. It's nothing extraordinary, but it does the job. The only thing that I don't like about it is the fact that the mascara clumps if I put too much on at one time but it's really not that big of a deal to me. I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't clump for me and in any case, I can always comb the clumps out. Another thing is that I almost always have to put at least two layers of mascara on to cover up the primer. Also, the packaging seems kinda bulky to me. But these are all things that I can overlook and aren't a deal breaker to me. I like this mascara and the look it gives me (full and long lashes) and will continue to use this unless I find something better. Not exactly HG worthy, but it's definitely a keeper for now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was the first Maybelline mascara i've ever tried,,i was intrigued by the idea of primer+mascara but unfortunately this mascara failed my Asian lashes miserably..the primer side does not do anything for me, it doesnt hold a curl and doesnt prevent smudging,,i thought it would at least plump up the lashes a little bit but it didnt even do that..the mascara side is pretty average too, nothing really stood out for me..i thought together they'd be a perfect combo to give me long and fat lashes (hence the name XXL Extensions) but in the end,it just did not work for me at all..im very disappointed by Maybelline i thought their mascaras are best of drugstore, i like my L'oreal telescopic mascara so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by LadyOnWhiteWay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I was trying to find a cheaper mascara and wanted to try a primer to see if it would help mascara stick a little better to my slightly oily lashes. I love the primer, it helps my Lancome mascara stay on all day without flaking and makes my fairly long lashes look even longer. When I used the primer with the maybelline mascara the mascara flaked off within a few hours and I looked like a raccoon. I might buy this again just to use the primer but I will never use the mascara again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by summ83

I really wanted to love this mascara. I was in love with illegal lengths before it was discontinued, then moved on to xxl. I was hoping the xxl lash extensions would be like a combination of both...it is not.

The primer i sort of like, although it is a little tricky to get used to, as if you apply it from base to tip it just clumps. Badly. Tammy Fay Baker clumpy. So my tip is to just apply it to the very ends of your lashes, you can see the tiny fibers clinging to the tips and it does add length. So thats a half pro. Then the mascara. I hate it. It has a funny smell like lash stilleto and I'm pretty sure i could buy a no name mascara from the dolar store and it would do the same job.

So basically i paid $20 Au for a teeny bit of primer that i can only use on the tips of my lashes, that i have to team with colossal volume.

Save yourself the money girls, if you want long lashes, use Rimmel glamoureyes. I get asked if i'm wearing false lashes with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by angeeellxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i decided to try out this mascara after wandering around looking for a new one for quite some time now, and since all the double wand mascaras were coming in at the time, i decided to see if it actually worked.
    i have average length eyelashes, and for me i have to put many layers of the white coat and the black coat on, to make it really work.
    i got XXL extensions for $9.95, but i think they've raised the price to $12.95, which isn't that much of a difference.

overall, this was an okay mascara, at first i thought it worked wonders, but now that i have tried other mascaras, this one doesn't even do half the job some of the other mascaras do, so i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by SUGAJAY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im on the fence with this mascara. I originally went in to buy Colossal but came across this first n decided to try it. The white primer(or whatever its called) went on nicely. It seperated my lashes. I found it a bit hard to actually apply the mascara itself but once i did get it on evenly, i felt like it was a tiny bit clumpy.(maybe i didnt apply the white primer on properly/evenly) My boyfriend looked at me n said, something is different LOL so i guess it did add some length n volume but im not 100% satisfied with this product. It flaked a bit n i did notice after a few hours (i was out in the sun for a bit) that it came off rather easily n i did purchase the waterproof kind. It's ten times better than Falsies and Stilletto but im not sure if its better than cover girls lash blast mascara. Im not 100% pleased with lash blast because the waterproof kind is nice and thick but clumps easily AND ive noticed it has caused a lash or two to fall off and it doesnt come off unless u use make up remover. HOWEVER, I have yet to find something better than that mascara but this one comes pretty close mainly because of the white primer. There is a slight possibility that i might purschase this again.
    Still tryin to find my staple mascara lol
    Ok so i totally changed my mind about this mascara. IT TOTALLY SUCKS! LOL the white primer i still think is great but the mascara sucks! It smells horrible n also it smudges like crazy. By the time i got the club (with the combination of hotness n smoke) i looked like a racoon. On top of that it made my eyes really burn. So now im jus gona use the white primer with another mascara until its finished. Im now gona move onto rimmel n c wat the have to offer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by xoxojentry

I thought this product clumped way too much! It also runs out very quickly! I thought it gave length but clumped up way too much!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would compare this to Revlon Grow Luscious, it does add volume & gives length. The difference between the two, this makes my lashes look less smooth than GL, & it flakes waaaay more. But it still works well, so I alternate my mascaras. Sometimes I don't know if I'm coating my lashes with the #1 step, but I always end up trying to cover it up with #2 anyway. I never apply more than 2 coats because my lashes end up looking like spider legs, EW :X but 1-2 coats is all you need!