Urban Decay Grind House (sharpener)

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I got this in a kit with two of the 24/7 liners (which I'm obsessed with...) but for the longest time it was just shoved in the bottom of my makeup bag. I was afraid to use it because I'd destroyed pencils before by using a bad sharpener, and the UD pencils are NOT cheap. I finally used it, however, and I definitely recommend it! I was able to get a good tip on the pencil without shaving off too much of the product or breaking the tip. I think it retails for $10 which is a little pricey, but you really won't need to replace it until it breaks or if it wears down after years of use.

I bought this in a special pack with two full sized UD 24/7 liners. If you have a lot of soft eye pencils, this is definitely a good investment. I've used it for UD liners, the NYX Slide-On Pencils, my Hard Candy Wet lip pencils, the UD 24/7 shadow pencils as well as the NYX Jumbo Pencils. I used alcohol to clean it throughly; pigment from the pencils can get stuck in the corners. I like that it comes completely apart- you can pull the bottom off as well. If you collect eyeliners, there's no reason not to spend a little more for a quality sharpener.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The only sharpener that will sharpen ALL my make-up pencils. The cheap ones cause the wood on them to split, not this one. When you spend $20 on a makeup pencil, you have a tendency to want to make sure it doesn't split and ruin...

After (like others) ruining my last pencil in another sharpener I stayed away and for a while only bought retractable pencils....but then I found this amazing creamy pencil that I loved but it was expensive and I didn't want to ruin it. So I researched and found reviews for this UD sharpener I dished out the $10 crossing my fingers and YES!!! it works like a charm, it's fantastic!! (p.s. putting your super creamy pencils in the freezer for just a few minutes before sharpening will also ensure the shavings wont smuge anything when you are removing them....very helpful when you want to sharpen more than one pencil)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Got this yesterday and proceeded to sharpen every pencil in my collection. Well almost. XD Theres not anything I can really say that hasn't been said, but this its really good. And ten bucks for a sharpener is up there, but its still just ten bucks.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

AMAZING! Before using this, I owned a 99cent sharpener from the dollar store and it didn't work for my jumbo eye pencils by NYX or my UD 24/7, so I splurged on this! And it's well worth it, the packaging is beautiful--bright purple with skull accent and it's easy to find in my makeup bag. This does a great job sharpening all sorts of pencils, large and small, with minimal effort. I'm no longer breaking pencils and wasting precious product, thank you urban decay!

I love this sharpener. I was previously using the NYX one but I prefer this one.

The packaging is adorable with its purple plastic and cute silver graphics. It's double barrelled, so it works for a wide variety of products, including NYX jumbo pencils. It is easy to take apart and clean, but this also means it can come apart when you travel with it. It sharpens nicely to a point and doesn't break the pencils.

It's a tad pricey for a sharpener but if you invest in good quality pencil products then you need a good sharpener for proper application and to prevent waste. I overcame the price issue by purchasing this with the 24/7 liner duo. You get two full size 24/7 liners and Grindhouse for less than the price of two liners.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really didn't want to buy into the hype of this sharpener, but it's totally worth the price. Yes you can buy cheaper sharpeners but they're also much more cheaply made. This one does larger or regular sized pencils, is super sharp and never makes my pencils crumple.

I know this is short, but believe me, it's worth the money. Buy it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This sharpener is amazing! I can confirm that it works for regular and jumbo pencils, both Urban Decay and from other brands. It sharpens really well, never breaking pencils, leaving them messy or loosing lots of product. One really great feature is that it comes with a little toothpick-like plastic tool to clean the sharpener and get any excess that might have adhered to the inside of the sharpener or the blades off. The sharpener can be taken apart to clean it, which is a handy feature, but also has the disadvantage in that it's easy to lose parts. My only complaint is that the very soft Urban Decay pencil liners often stick like this instead of just falling out with the wood shavings, even if you sharpen with the lid off and sharpener held upside-down over a bin, which can be irritating to clean. However, that fault is more to do with the pencils than the sharpener itself, so I'd still give this product 5 stars!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have always used cheap sharpeners, typically ones made for regular pencils or from e.l.f. I didn't see the point in paying more for a tool when I thought they were all the same. I got Grind House in a set with two 24/7 liners, and I LOVE it. It sharpens all of my pencils well, no matter the size, with very little waste. I love how it can be easily taken apart for cleaning.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products