Urban Decay Grind House (sharpener)

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/2/2012 10:59:00 AM

I love this sharpener. I was previously using the NYX one but I prefer this one.

The packaging is adorable with its purple plastic and cute silver graphics. It's double barrelled, so it works for a wide variety of products, including NYX jumbo pencils. It is easy to take apart and clean, but this also means it can come apart when you travel with it. It sharpens nicely to a point and doesn't break the pencils.

It's a tad pricey for a sharpener but if you invest in good quality pencil products then you need a good sharpener for proper application and to prevent waste. I overcame the price issue by purchasing this with the 24/7 liner duo. You get two full size 24/7 liners and Grindhouse for less than the price of two liners.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really didn't want to buy into the hype of this sharpener, but it's totally worth the price. Yes you can buy cheaper sharpeners but they're also much more cheaply made. This one does larger or regular sized pencils, is super sharp and never makes my pencils crumple.

I know this is short, but believe me, it's worth the money. Buy it.

on 6/26/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This sharpener is amazing! I can confirm that it works for regular and jumbo pencils, both Urban Decay and from other brands. It sharpens really well, never breaking pencils, leaving them messy or loosing lots of product. One really great feature is that it comes with a little toothpick-like plastic tool to clean the sharpener and get any excess that might have adhered to the inside of the sharpener or the blades off. The sharpener can be taken apart to clean it, which is a handy feature, but also has the disadvantage in that it's easy to lose parts. My only complaint is that the very soft Urban Decay pencil liners often stick like this instead of just falling out with the wood shavings, even if you sharpen with the lid off and sharpener held upside-down over a bin, which can be irritating to clean. However, that fault is more to do with the pencils than the sharpener itself, so I'd still give this product 5 stars!

on 6/26/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have always used cheap sharpeners, typically ones made for regular pencils or from e.l.f. I didn't see the point in paying more for a tool when I thought they were all the same. I got Grind House in a set with two 24/7 liners, and I LOVE it. It sharpens all of my pencils well, no matter the size, with very little waste. I love how it can be easily taken apart for cleaning.

on 6/6/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I think it's kind of odd to review a sharpener, but here it goes anyway. Long story short - I absolutely love this sharpener. I was using just a cheap $1 pencil sharpener from the D/S and it kept breaking off my MUFE/UD eyeliners. This doesn't do it - flawless sharpening every time. I think I paid $10 for this at Sephora, which is a bit pricey for a sharpener IMO, but if it keeps from wasting product/money with poor sharpeners and my MUFE/UD eyeliners, then it's totally worth it. Plus I like how it's covered so it holds the shavings if you can't dump them right away. If I ever need to purchase this again, I definitely will.

on 5/6/2012 7:17:00 PM

Wow, very impressed with this sharpener. It's better than my Chanel and Dior sharpeners. It's cute, compact and the cover on top helps keep the parts from going all over the place. Highly recommend this.

I know it sounds weird to review a pencil sharpener, but hear me out, this one is the BEST. I've had a ton of sharpeners, drugstore to MAC. This Urban Decay sharpener takes the cake. First off, I love the packaging. Urban Decay always has the cutest designs and colors. To the product itself, I've never had a sharpener that would sharpen my creamy pencils without ruining them. This one has never effed up my pencils once! It fits large and skinny pencils, not just Urban Decay pencils! I use it for literally every eye/lip pencil I have and I've never had a problem. Also I love how it stores the shaving in a little compartment so I don't have to stand over a trashcan. If you want a good quality eye pencil sharpener please go check this out!

on 4/24/2012 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow- I have to say I was skeptical but this is the best sharpener! It doesn't waste product and the tips of all my eyeliners look wonderful. Spend the extra money and purchase this sharpener!

on 4/21/2012 10:39:00 PM

I used to think that a sharpener was just a sharpener, till I bought the Grindhouse to get my UD order up to the minimum for free shipping. There really is a difference. This one is super sharp and doesn't waste product. Worth every penny.

on 4/21/2012 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This sharpener really lives up to its reputation. I've had several others, and this is by far the best. No more wasted product! That alone is worth the extra few bucks for this sharpener. Don't let the price scare you off, it's SO worth it!!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products