April 21, 2014 | 1283 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this palate, it's a good starter one for those who like to experiment or try new looks every now and then.
to be honest not all the colours are matte, around 20% of the colours have either a soft shimmer or satin finish but the rest are matted.
also the colours are well pigmented, EASILY bendable and not chalky at all (but they do give a dusty appearance on the palate itself) so I usually wear them without a primer and they last all night. this is not as good as MAC or bobby brown so don't fool yourself but if you want alot of options, matte finish, good quality then get it.
I read in some reviews that you should just get them from Ebay but seriously the company has a sale every single week so you can get it for around $9 which is a bargain no matter how you think of it. also delivery is fast (I'm in Dubai and got it in three days!) and it comes with a refund in case something happens to it during delivery which reassures me more.
CONS
- if you live overseas then delivery is fast but expensive.
- most colours are basic ones, only 3 colours in the palate are really original.
- only three colours can be used as highlighters out of 88 so if you run out be sure to have a back-up
- the palate is MOSTLY colours, there is only one row for the classic smoky eye and one row of neutral colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

I ordered my palette off Amazon, and it arrived in perfect condition. It's a lot smaller than one might expect from the photos, but the sheer variety of colors makes up for that! The colors are pretty good quality, nothing extremely special, but you can't really expect it at that price. It's wonderful that it comes with a mirror and two applicators, as well as a plastic sheet to protect the shadows! There are plenty of colors- the only color that isn't really represented is orange, but you can easily achieve a specific shade of anything that isn't there by mixing some of the other colors. Overall, this is an excellent product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lesleeann74

Not sure why some people don't like this palette. I mean for the price and variety and pigment, it can't be beat! I think the pigment is great. I bought this specially for my Halloween makeup as Dia De Los Muertos. I loved using the bright colors for my sugar skull makeup. If you're wondering about this palette, go to YouTube and watch MissChevious. She uses this eyeshadow a lot in her makeup tutorials if you're wondering what you can do with all these colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by seiran

I received this with chunks of the eyeshadow broken off...about 5 of the colors had that happen which is not too bad. Anyways that wouldn't have mattered if the pigmentation wasn't so poor. I find some drugstore brands like Maybelline and L'Oreal offer better pigmented shadows. Having 88 of the shadows that really don't stay on well and a low color pay-off, even for how cheap it is, isn't worth it. Because I would rather spend more money on something that is richly pigmented, stays put, and lasts all day. I bought 3 palettes and gave them all away after a few tries to make it work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I was super excited for this palette when I ordered it and I thought I was going to use it all the time. Honestly I rarely touch it. I used it for about 2 weeks and then forgot about it. It is nothing special. Don't get me wrong it is a good palette but, I grab for my Urban Decays ones way more. Some of the colors in this palette are a bit chalky too and some colors irratate my eyes and make them water. It's a cool idea for a palette just I didn't need it as much as I thought I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by jaimemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pigmentation - soft eyeshadows, but not great on my medium/tan skin

Price - they aren't actually that cheap in my opinion, considering the quality. their pigmentation is like $2 shop shadows, and several of those combined make up the quantity of one of these shadows. so it's not exactly an unheard of bargain

But sure there's a lot in quantity, it's probably an okay set for a teen or someone new to makeup, like myself (but lighter skinned) and that's willing to use eyeshadow base which I haven't used yet but will do, hoping it will improve the pigmentation?

Anyway, referring to the top few reviews and really bad reviews, perhaps they're thinking it's a rip off because everything is cheap in the US but I still don't think it's that terrible for $30 is it? I think some people may need to get off their pretentious high makeup horses. (Sorry didn't meant to offend any one) It's seriously at least 2 stars I think. And I got mine off the wholesalers on ebay :) For really cheap too, I got the like 128 colour one for like $10, and you may be wondering why I'm still rating it so low, well the MATTE colours, my god, were SO chalky and not pigmented AT ALL. EVEN with the swipe of my FINGER. They were so difficult to get out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by meowrena

Although I think this is a decent product, I don't think I'd buy this again because I don't find myself using it as much as I thought I would.

I absolutely love the colour selection, as most people do, but it can seem a bit overwhelming. This is because there are a lot of colours that I wouldn't use very often (yellow, orange, green, etc) that I tend to forget about this palette. Another reason is because sometimes the little eyeshadow pans become unglued and can shatter all over the other colours.

Overall, I think the shadows are great, but if you are someone that likes to use the same colours all the time, I think you'd be better off buying the palette that suits you best (88 warm, 88 shimmer, etc).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by PinkCouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked it, but not enough to repurchase it. Let me start out by saying that the eyeshadows DO fall out consistently, and I'd be a mess without my clear nailpolish to repair. But some of the eyeshadows (mainly the neutral ones) are very good quality and can be used on a regular basis. I personally think this is a great palette for the makeup newbie who is looking for a great way to expand their collection within a good price range. On the other hand, if you have a bigger collection (without a need for travel shadows) I would stick to the higher end products. But at the same time, I don't want to be so harsh, considering you are paying a few cents per eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Andreaedge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this pallet, but letís be honest for about 20.00 for 88 eye shadows they are not all going to be winners. Although I do feel that most of the shadows are pigmented, with little to no fall out, some are crap. But I also feel that way about a lot of pallets even the high end ones.

The only real downside is you must use a primer with this pallet but I feel like that is a give with any eye shadow high end or drug store. And the packaging is meh, not the worst but defiantly not anything great.

This is great pallet for anyone who needs/wants a lot of colors but doesnít want spend a lot.
Edit. The more and more I wear this pallet the more shades I find are either not milled to my liking or fade badly. I am removing another lippie for this reason.