October 25, 2014 | 1737 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The smell of this is strong like sour grapefruit (which I do like) but with an overpowering chemical smell. It just smells kind of harsh.
It still smelled good enough for me to try and after 2 washes I realized...It IS harsh!
I have oily skin and a lot of products that others claim to dry them out don't bother me but this made my face peel. It also seemed to put my skin into oil production overdrive.
I may give it another shot to not waste it since I got the whole kit ( which actually was quite a nice gift set) but I could definitely not use this every day.
I still have the scrub to try....I'm afraid...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I don't know what could be the reason for this (because the original posed no problems) but it made me break out. The smell is great so I was so disappointed. I definitely won't purchase anything in the grapefruit line. I will stick to rapid clear!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by kitskats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good on acne but really dries out the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by itsanheyy

Great product! I've gone through 3 bottles bottles of these and still going to continue purchasing it. I have oiliness around my t zone area and break out all the time. This product is great for controlling the breakouts as well as reducing the blackheads on my nose.My complexion is much better after using this and what more? It's not even overly pricey.

A good product to pair this with is the Nivea 2 in 1 scrub.

This product isn't exactly flawless however, I have combination skin an I have really dry patches around the corners of my mouth and around my nose, I found that on, colder, dryer days, this product can dry those spots out and cause some stinging, leaving them a bit flaky. What I would recommend is to focus the product where you need it most, but apart from that, great!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is great to use for a makeup remover wash. It strips away all the makeup. This does dry my face out sometimes when I over wash it cause I want to make sure I get rid of all the makeup on my face. I just use this to remove makeup mainly. This is great for oily skin. It will strip away the dirt and oil. It doesn't get rid of pimples right away but it does its job for a daily cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by justbeingme65

I absolutely love this product! the only thing I don't like about it, is that it dries out my skin, but that doesn't bother me much. I was always made fun of and treated bad because I had acne all over my face in places on my face I didn't want it. so I purchased this and after about a week or two, I would have maybe one breakout on my head or so and it would go away and another would appear, but that's better than acne being all over my face. I am on my 5th bottle and my face relies on this product. this would be 5 stars if it got rid of all my acne. definitely a must have. smells great too.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't do anything. Well I take that back, it did do something: it dried out my face. Horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have an oily skin, my skin breaks out sometimes. In contrast to other cleansers of Neutrogena it is gentler I think. Of course it is not a miracle, but it cleans well and leave the skin relieved instead of extremely drying out. I cannot say it reduced already existing acnes or blackheads but it prevented the new ones occuring. Overall it is fine if I compare this product with the other department store cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

For whatever reason, my skin has always gotten along with Neutrogena's salicylic-based cleansers, and this one wound up working pretty well. I purchased this to use as my summer cleanser back in April, since my skin tends to shift into oil-overdrive and clogged pores in the warmer weather. The main thing that attracted me to it was the price and the grapefruit scent, which I find delightful. The fragrance is intense and lingering. The cleansing power is really good to the point of stripping, which you would expect from a cleanser like this. I strongly advise using with caution if you have anything less than oily skin. I only use it once a day, as anything more will dry my skin out severely. It's also not the ideal thing for me to use with the colder weather setting in.
It has been a good preventative in terms of keeping the skin clogs from cropping up, but on the flip side, not so effective in getting rid of the acne once it has already appeared. Consistency in using it has been the key in keeping things calmer for me.
The bottle lasted me over six months (just now nearing the end of it), so the value is great. I would consider buying it again for the warmer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by alynne522

I love this product as a daily face wash. The smell is great, and it leaves my skin feeling clean. It does pretty well at removing my makeup, but I sometimes use toner to remove what it left behind. This helps with those occasional pimples, and I don't feel like its too harsh for everyday use. It does dry out my sensitive skin, but when followed with moisturizer it solves that issue. I've been using this for over 3 years and will continue to do so.