April 19, 2014 | 1688 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by KateGuil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

no likey

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Jillian5125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I have normal to dry, acne-prone (mostly on my cheeks), easily congested (clogged pores on my chin) skin.

I used this cleanser religiously for about a year and LOVED it. It kept my breakouts to a minimum and made my skin feel smooth and soft. Then I stopped using it and tried other cleansers for a few months (you know how it is... always feeling the need to try new products), and my skin started looking awful!! I started getting those deep, painful acne on my cheeks that take forever to go away and clogged pores all over my chin that are impossible to get rid of. I tried everything... organic cleansers, oil cleansers, other acne-fighting cleanser... no matter what I used, nothing cleared up the breakouts or clogged pores. After about four months of consistent breakouts and clogged pores, I started using the pink Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Cleanser and my skin has FINALLY cleared up again! Literally within a week of using this cleanser, all of my clogged pores have gone away and my cheek breakouts are almost gone!

Yes, this cleanser can be a bit drying on its own, but I only use it once a day (at night) and follow it with a good toner (I use the Michael Todd Blue Green Algae toner which totally re-hydrates my skin!) and moisturizer, and it's totally fine.

I absolutely love this cleanser and have no idea why I ever stopped using it. I learned my lesson!! My skin loves this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by navvii

this was the only product that cleared up my acne by 98%, all that was left was a bit of red marks from the pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product. i only use it once a day in my morning rutine and i love the smell it actually wakes me up! its very gentle and i do have oily skin but not many breakouts. I really dont get all the reviews saing that its super drying cause it has never dried my face...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by meggaroni

I bought this for my sister and I with high hopes thinking it'd be a great cleanser to help fight acne. Nope! Now, it's not a horrific cleanser, it does the basic job.. smells really nice, but it was drying and i've used salicylic acid before, so it's not that.
The first few days using it were completely fine, but after a week I found it was starting to really strip my skin and I started seeing little red dots on my forehead so I stopped right there and just used my cetaphil. Same happened with my sister, and my mom... so we've covered a pretty wide age-range with it!
It's good enough to finish the bottle as a once or twice a week cleanser, but I won't be repurchasing a new one when it's gone.

Also, the packaging sucks for travelling... I found it really hard to twist the pump back down to lock it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by lovepinkcourtney

I've had 4 bottles of this, just bought my 5th. I am a teen and struggle with acne. I try all sorts but always find myself using this in desperate times. This clears my acne, cleans my makeup off, it does it all. I love it, it smells amazing too. To give acne the extra kick it needs to finally heal up I apply zap zyt spot treatment gel on the acne spots and sleep with it on. I wash my face with this in the shower and apply more zap zyt when I'm done and let myself go makeup free, and my skin is basically clear by then. This method WORKS! If my skin gets dry because of this, I use clean and clear 2 in 1 moisturizer with salicylic acid in it before zap zyt. Try this method, I've tried everything from sulfur soaps to pro activ, and this is the only thing that worked for me. YAY!<3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Ginger4233

I love this face wash but it is a bit drying. I have oily skin anyways so I don't really have a problem with it. the reason why I love it so much is because it cleared up all my acne. I used to use this but then I switch to another cleanser and it broke me out so bad. So then I went back to this and just after one wash I could already see my break outs going down. But like I said its kind of drying so I wouldn't recommend it for people who have dry skin. But if your like me and have oily skin then I would totally recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by 0fftherecord

This product is drying but it took care if my acne all summer and I'm excited I found a good acne wash just before school starts. I found if you pair it with a good mostirizer then you are fine

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Proselytiser

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used up an entire bottle of this, and it's done my face a lot more harm than good.
I haven't experienced any of the irritation that I've heard a lot about, but I have fairly resilient skin. What I did get, however, is cysts, that gradually multiplied in number and size. I have mild to moderate acne, and I've never had cysts before- and upon switching to another cleanser the redness and inflammation has reduced greatly.
I've also noticed that despite being marketed towards oily skin, my skin became incredibly oily an hour or so after use.
I'm also not a huge fan of the smell- I didn't find it offensive, but it smells like a bathroom cleaning product at best. Definitely not a repurchase.