September 1, 2014 | 2130 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have an oily skin, my skin breaks out sometimes. In contrast to other cleansers of Neutrogena it is gentler I think. Of course it is not a miracle, but it cleans well and leave the skin relieved instead of extremely drying out. I cannot say it reduced already existing acnes or blackheads but it prevented the new ones occuring. Overall it is fine if I compare this product with the other department store cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

For whatever reason, my skin has always gotten along with Neutrogena's salicylic-based cleansers, and this one wound up working pretty well. I purchased this to use as my summer cleanser back in April, since my skin tends to shift into oil-overdrive and clogged pores in the warmer weather. The main thing that attracted me to it was the price and the grapefruit scent, which I find delightful. The fragrance is intense and lingering. The cleansing power is really good to the point of stripping, which you would expect from a cleanser like this. I strongly advise using with caution if you have anything less than oily skin. I only use it once a day, as anything more will dry my skin out severely. It's also not the ideal thing for me to use with the colder weather setting in.
It has been a good preventative in terms of keeping the skin clogs from cropping up, but on the flip side, not so effective in getting rid of the acne once it has already appeared. Consistency in using it has been the key in keeping things calmer for me.
The bottle lasted me over six months (just now nearing the end of it), so the value is great. I would consider buying it again for the warmer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by alynne522

I love this product as a daily face wash. The smell is great, and it leaves my skin feeling clean. It does pretty well at removing my makeup, but I sometimes use toner to remove what it left behind. This helps with those occasional pimples, and I don't feel like its too harsh for everyday use. It does dry out my sensitive skin, but when followed with moisturizer it solves that issue. I've been using this for over 3 years and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by TinkyBlink

My skin is in great condition for using this. Really like this and will be buying again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by AmyN24

It treats acne pretty well. It gets rid of black heads and dries out pimple and acne. The only problem is that it really dries out your skin, occasionally leaving my skin with some dry patches. But if you're looking for a product that treats acne, this would be a quite decent product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Drying and stinks. Way too fragranced. Not a good combo from a brand priding itself on products geared to sensitive and problem skin. The only good thing about it is the pump bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by thespeedytomato

Smells absolutely wonderful, seems to clean well enough, but irritates my skin terribly. Both times I've tried to use it (keeping the rest of my skin care routine the same), I've ended up with these dry, bumpy patches of skin. Fortunately, they disappeared within a day or two of discontinuing the use of this product.

Good price, lovely refreshing scent, and apparently it works for some people, but if you have sensitive skin it might be best to stay away from this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Mackleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I couldnt even get through a quarter of a bottle of this. The smell wasn't very good and I would usually wash it off my hands before i got out of the shower because I disliked it so much. It did nothing for my breakouts and seemed to just dry my skin out fairly badly. My skin was not oily, but seemed shiny anyway. Unfortunately this is another of those "cheap and nasty" products. I wish I could say something nicer about it than the fact that its only positive factor is its low price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by BlueMangoBlues

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using this my face was on fire for a full night. I had difficulty sleeping, it was that bad. Everywhere that the wash had touched turned my face pinkish-red, so basically the only unaffected areas were my hairline and my jaw and my eyes. I looked like I was wearing a pink face mask -.- it smelled amazing but was horrible on my skin. Never, ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by andyschill

I used to be so intrigued by all these facial cleansers that smell amazing, and have pretty colors. As I've learned, the more simple, the better. I used this product and it did not help my complexion. In fact, it made it worse. I had the hard, painful zits on my chin and forehead - things I hadn't had since I was 15. I truly believe it was all the extra additions in this cleanser.

Don't let the exciting ads and wonderful scents fool you - you face is a precious thing. Stay away from fragrances and those colorful soaps. They are harsh!

No, no, no.