November 24, 2014 | 971 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

I originally bought this cleanser because I really liked the way it smelled. Biggest mistake of my life. After just one use, my skin felt painfully tight, but I just thought that it was really cleaning deep and this was what it was supposed to feel like. The next day, I woke up with HORRIBLE dry patches on my face. The area around my nose and mouth were so crusted that they started bleeding. I immediately discontinued use and it took days of heavy moisturizing to get my skin back to normal. Maybe this cleanser would work for very very oily skin, but it absolutely destroyed my normal-combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by lovely_azian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wayyy too harsh and heavily fragranced. I feel like this eating away at my skin. Its meant for acne prone skin but I think if your skin is already irritated and inflamed this is the last thing you want to use on it. Trying to use it up by washing my makeup brushes with it but it makes my makeup brushes stink of chemical grapefruit. The only way I can bear to use this is by majorly diluting a pea size amount to cleanse after using an oil cleanser to remove makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Glorylocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is not something that I personally recommend. This product is an alright cleanser..but for all the hype that it has gotten in the past, I personally don't feel like it was worth it. I personally feel like this cleanser was just a basic cleanser with grapefruit scent. I found the grapefruit scent to just be awful. Didn't smell like grapefruits at all. It was also very drying. I have normal skin but am oily in my T zone. This dried my face out so bad that it was flaking and peeling. I won't buy this product again. It also didn't do anything for my slight acne breakouts so I just feel like it was a complete waste of my money. I ended up using up as much as I dared because I hate to throw things away, eventually though about half the product ended up in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The smell of this is strong like sour grapefruit (which I do like) but with an overpowering chemical smell. It just smells kind of harsh.
It still smelled good enough for me to try and after 2 washes I realized...It IS harsh!
I have oily skin and a lot of products that others claim to dry them out don't bother me but this made my face peel. It also seemed to put my skin into oil production overdrive.
I may give it another shot to not waste it since I got the whole kit ( which actually was quite a nice gift set) but I could definitely not use this every day.
I still have the scrub to try....I'm afraid...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I don't know what could be the reason for this (because the original posed no problems) but it made me break out. The smell is great so I was so disappointed. I definitely won't purchase anything in the grapefruit line. I will stick to rapid clear!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by kitskats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good on acne but really dries out the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by itsanheyy

Great product! I've gone through 3 bottles bottles of these and still going to continue purchasing it. I have oiliness around my t zone area and break out all the time. This product is great for controlling the breakouts as well as reducing the blackheads on my nose.My complexion is much better after using this and what more? It's not even overly pricey.

A good product to pair this with is the Nivea 2 in 1 scrub.

This product isn't exactly flawless however, I have combination skin an I have really dry patches around the corners of my mouth and around my nose, I found that on, colder, dryer days, this product can dry those spots out and cause some stinging, leaving them a bit flaky. What I would recommend is to focus the product where you need it most, but apart from that, great!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is great to use for a makeup remover wash. It strips away all the makeup. This does dry my face out sometimes when I over wash it cause I want to make sure I get rid of all the makeup on my face. I just use this to remove makeup mainly. This is great for oily skin. It will strip away the dirt and oil. It doesn't get rid of pimples right away but it does its job for a daily cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by justbeingme65

I absolutely love this product! the only thing I don't like about it, is that it dries out my skin, but that doesn't bother me much. I was always made fun of and treated bad because I had acne all over my face in places on my face I didn't want it. so I purchased this and after about a week or two, I would have maybe one breakout on my head or so and it would go away and another would appear, but that's better than acne being all over my face. I am on my 5th bottle and my face relies on this product. this would be 5 stars if it got rid of all my acne. definitely a must have. smells great too.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't do anything. Well I take that back, it did do something: it dried out my face. Horrible.