Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 4/29/2014 9:17:00 AM

Initially this product appears to be working great, cleaning my skin with a lovely citrus scent.
After two days, broke me out in painful spots across my neck and chin, which were quite itchy and uncomfortable!!
Not a good product for perhaps sensitive skin!

on 4/27/2014 7:12:00 AM

omg this cleasner ruined my skin. it smelt great but afterwards my skin broke out. my skin was peeling and there was reddness !! this was just after one use !! i chucked it out straight away.

on 4/26/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my god. I don't know what neutrogena put in this product but let me begin by saying I've never had acne in my life . I get occasional pimples , hormonal or stress-induced. I tried this cleanser because I broke out really badly after overwhelming my skin with new cleansers Toners and moisturizers In an attempt to find my new regime. I needed something to wipe out the pimples so I could begin healing my skin. I used this product only once. I don't even have sensitive skin but the first time I tried this my pimples worsened and these red bumps appeared on my skin. Not pimples but inflated red bumps . Needless to say I was horrified and ran back to the cvs to return this monstrosity...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't see what's up with all the negative reviews... I've used this product three times, and my skin is soft and not super oily like it used to be. Hehe, I'm pretty sure this product is for oily skin, not acne-prone, that's why people are feeling painfully tight. Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but it works nice and it lathers up quick. Easy to wash off without residue. My breakouts haven't gotten worse as other reviews have said, and I don't have any dry spots or red itchiness. I'm happy how well this product worked.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have bad acne on and off. I can never find anything that works and this literally made no difference to my skin made it feel clean but was greasy in about 2 hours

on 3/18/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product completely ruined my skin. I bought it three day ago used it 2 nights in a row and my face is dry, red, burned, itchy, and feels like complete sandpaper. DO NOT buy this product I threw this in the sink I didn't even want it in my house hold. It may smell good and look cute pretty pink but this is deadly to your skin especially if you have no acne it will burn your skin

on 3/17/2014 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this facial wash. My facial skin is acne prone so I find it difficult to pick the right cleanser but this one is great since I used it I rarely have acne and only around pms which is good compared to before. Although it has this one problem is that it really tightens my face when I use it but It's expected as it has 2% salicylic acid so by just using a good moisturizer directly after washing my face I become okay.

on 3/12/2014 2:54:00 PM

This is AWEFUL! I have only been using this for a week and a half and have already had 5 pimples! My skin isn't hyper sensative and doesn't break out. I get the occassional pms pimple. But since using this I'm getting pimples popping up almost every day! What the what is wrong with this stuff?? It's doing the exact opposite of what it's suppose to be doing... And I see from these reviews that I'm not alone. And it kind of burns if you have a pimple...I'm not getting the tightening of the skin or horrible dry patches tho, thank God. But the breakouts are bad enough. Please avoid this, even if you don't have sensative skin, because I don't, and it's just aweful. PLEASE discontinue this product!

on 2/24/2014 8:49:00 PM

I bought this product because I remembered seeing my sister use it and I thought hey, maybe i'll use it.

The first time I used it my skin felt painfully tight and my first thought was that it was just very deep cleansing. When I woke up the next morning my face was insanely dry with dry patches everywhere and I couldnt even open my mouth wide because my skin was so tight.

I kept using it, mainly because I didnt have any other products to switch back to.

It felt like it was eating away at my skin, because thats how bad it made my skin feel.

Upon using it for.. 2-3 weeks, my acne got noticeably worse and I started to think it was the cause of my breakouts. i stopped using it and within 3 days my skin cleared up to the way it was before.

Dont buy this product! it is not worth your skin or your money!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't actually get acne much at all, but the reason why I ended up with this was because I asked a friend to pick up the other Neutrogena grapefruit-scented cleaner (the deep clean foaming one) and she bought the wrong one. I used it anyway, and in my experience it wasn't harsh in any way, which many of the other reviews said it was. I really like the grapefruit scent but I didn't really find that it did too much whenever I did get a pimple anywhere, although I'm not sure that it's supposed to "cure" pimples anyway. It didn't dry out my skin at all though and I actually thought it was quite satisfactory. The only reason why I wouldn't purchase it again is because I personally don't need anything for acne, and the deep clean foam cleanser is more suitable for my skin.