October 21, 2014 | 1626 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this liner because it was so opaque. I was using Revlon Colorstay's Liquid Liner before and because I didn't like the applicator (though I did like the staying power), I went on a search for a new DS liquid liner. I was looking at reviews and came across this liquid liner. Since I prefer felt tips, I figured this would be the perfect liner to try out.

I bought it at Target for $7.99 I believe. At Target, Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner is $4.99 if you want a comparison. Despite the price, the packaging is a lot better. It almost looks high end. Like with all eyeliners I purchase, when I got home, I swatched it on my hand and waited for it to dry. I tried to smudge it with my finger and it didn't budge. Good sign, right? I then put a little water on it to see if it could withstand my oily eyelids (and my watery eyes) and it completely came off. That bummed me out a lot.

I wore it the next day and I LOVE the fact that the applicator is so easy to use and that the black is very very black. But I noticed about halfway through the day that my winged liner was disappearing and by the end of the day, the wing was completely gone and the only place the eyeliner stayed was BARELY on my lid. It looks like I won't be using this eyeliner from day-to-day, but if I know that I'm only going out for a few hours, I'll use it again until it runs out. I know this eyeliner never claimed to be waterproof, but it doesn't compare to the staying power of the Revlon CS liquid eyeliner. For that reason, I won't repurchase it.

I really wish this worked for me. The pigmentation really is fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this when exchanging the PF eye booster liner marker, because I thought it was another pen marker. It's not. Felt tip, yes, but marker no. It's an elongated felt tip applicator that tapers toward the end.

However, despite my initial disappointment with the applicator, I was able to do a good wing with this. It went on smoothly, got close to the edge of the eyelid and made a nice medium-thick line. Not too skinny/harsh, not to bold/rockabilly.
The formula was great - deep pigmentation and ultra black. It's not totally dull/matte either and also lasted really well. Once it dried, which was fairly quickly, it didn't smudge or smear at all. I even jumped in the pool for a late night swim with this on and only the wing smeared a little.

After about a week of use though, I found that the felt tip applicator was already starting to get worn and become less smooth, so the lines were not as smooth. Also, the liner started to dry out noticeably! Frustrating! Where when I first could do one whole eyelid with one dip, it would take two or three and the pigmentation wasn't as dark, so I was having to go over lines (which is always a recipe for mistake with liquid). I never really found the right way to use the weird elongated tapered tip, either. It felt like this thing had been used for a month a week into it; totally disappointing. I threw it away and went back to the store for an ACTUAL pen this time!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite drugstore liquid liner. It is great for beginners and the line is so black. If you're not getting enough product on the brush you have to shake it and you'll hear the little ball knocking around in there. Definitely great for the price and is a better investment than higher end liners that perform the same. It doesn't smudge on me and I have oily lids. I also don't understand how this flakes on you guys? I've never encountered this problem, maybe you need to moisturize your lids? I do agree with people though, it does not dry mat, it has this really wet sheen to it, but you can add some dark shadow on top of it and it should be fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Has been making my eyelids dry and itchy so I stopped using :( also deff do not wear this if you are going to be out in the rain swimming or if your eyes are watery it smears really easily. The color payoff is a deep rich black and it's easy to apply I just wish it wasn't as irritating and that it stayed put better so I could wing it out without the wings fading away :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ohhhleslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my go-to liquid eyeliner for about 5 years but sadly we had to part ways. This truly is a really good eyeliner, the felt tip makes application easy and it is very very black. After a while though I began to dislike the finish, it's not matte, it's very shiny looking , like it might still be wet. Also, sometimes it dries out on the skin & it begins to flake off, but you can just touch it up. I would recommend this product for someone looking for a non-matte liquid eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Jaenanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using L'Oreal Lineur Intense with the felt tip back in 1999, when I was still in high school. The Carbon Black color didn't hit the market until a few years after that (it was "Black Mica" before), but ever since it hit the shelves, it's been my go-to, one-and-only, tried and true eyeliner.

I'm not a product junkie by nature. I'm always open to trying new things, but I always seem to fall back on a handful of favorite products. Of all the cosmetics items I have used and loved over the years, I've been true to this particular product the longest.

I love the way the felt tip makes it really easy for me to sweep the product along my upper lash line. I like how the long and narrow the flexible tip makes it easy for me to "dot" the product between my lower lashes, making them look fuller without the need for extra mascara. Back in my hardcore goth girl days, there was nothing better for drawing Death-inspired spirals or other eyeliner doodles on my face. This eyeliner makes it easy to do dramatic winged eyes a la Adele, Siouxsie-inspired cat eyes (with the very precisely defined inner corners), or simple, everyday precise-but-delicate definition.

I love the way this product is formulated, so that if I make a mistake, it wipes away easily if it hasn't dried yet, but once dry, this stuff has some serious stating power. I've worn it to sob-a-thon movie screenings, through fights with my best friends, and recently, while getting engaged, and through it all, this eyeliner has remained smudge proof and tear-proof, but I will admit that it doesn't do well for holding up during impromptu jumps in the pool. Yeah, that was an unfortunate look...

Sometimes this product will start to dry out a bit too soon, though. Instead of replacing it, I add one or two drops of saline solution to the bottle, shake vigorously, and voila! Its fluid enough again to use easily. My eye doctor approves of this, BTW, as long as you only do it once per the lifetime of the tube in question.

I've tried other liquid eyeliners, from Prestige to Shiseido to Kat Von D to Maybeline, and nothing has impressed me as much as L'Oreal's Lineur Intense. I'll probably still be using it when I'm 40.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by karissanicole

This is the only liquid eyeliner I use. I have a hard time applying liquid eyeliner and this felt tip makes it so much easier. It does have some what of a shiny finish, but I just go over it will some black eye shadow on an angle brush. I love this eyeliner and probably always will, however, It doesn't last very long. It is extremely easy to rub off after it is dry. It sort of flakes off leaving hardly any residue or coloring. So if you're looking for an eyeliner that is easy to remove, then this is for you. But if you want long lasting, I suggest a gel liner. .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I somehow really hate and like this product at the same time, it's the second time I buy it, but sometimes I don't even know why. Pros of it are that it's REALLY pigmented, so much that just a swipe is all I need to draw my upper lash line. It doesn't dry up to be matte, it has some sort of sheen to it, like black plastic. Also, the small felt tip is very useful for creating a sharp winged eyeliner look. As for Cons, let's just say that when it has brief contact with water, it disappears completely. Staying power is close to zero! Let it be bodily or environmental causes. I do the winged liner look drawing my outer lash line too, and my eyes tend to get teary throughout the day (or night), so, depending how much I tear up, in about five minutes, I have nothing on my eyes. Oh, and it cracks too! You'll have little black spots all over your face on a dry summer day. The reason I carry it in my purse to draw my eyes all over again when I get the chance, it's so annoying!!! So I have learned to use gel eyeliner and black eyeshadow combined to help improve the staying power, which is nuts!
I'm still looking for my HG liquid black liner, if you ladies have any suggestions please message me, thank you! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I love this liquid liner. I finally bought it after my Maybelline stiletto liq. liner was getting dry. I was debating between this and the other L'oreal lineur liner which had a thinner tip (and uglier packaging).
- although it isnt waterproof, it is very long lasting, VERY black and u dont need to go over the same line twice. i was very impressed. lasts all day for me
- even after a long work day, it doesnt turn dry or gray on me.
- the packaging is black and sleek. I like the top cover handle and how its indented making it easier to hold
- I've been wanting to try this for awhile now but its one of the more expensive liquid liners in the drugstore ($10). its worth it for a great liquid liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After looking for a good liquid liner for forever, I picked this up on a whim while at the pharmacy for cold medication and boy am I happy I did.

I don't think I'd ever use another liquid foundation again, because everything about this is great. The color is really black and intense, the felt tip applicator makes for and easy fast and clean application, it lasts forever but is still easy to remove, and the price cannot be beat.

This is my HG liquid liner.
Highly recommend.