December 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Gels/Soaps - Neutrogena - Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by carrotcake11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like the grapefruit smell and the bright pink color. It really cleared up my back and has kept it nearly blemish free. I use it every day! I would recommend it to anyone with moderate back acne to help keep clear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very so-so product. Personally, I hate the smell of grapefruit, but didn't mind giving this a try because I've heard good things about Neutrogena. The little beads are slightly annoying. They can get stuck in crevices of your body or stuck to your skin in general. They don't do much of anything. It does clear up body acne, but not to an extremely amazing extent, just mildly so. It's most positive thing is that it prevents more acne from coming up, and excels at that. But it's not enough to make me buy again. I can find better products.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ckelle06

I bought this because my local Walmart didn't have the Body Clear Body Scrub in stock and I needed to buy SOMETHING. This product is nowhere NEAR as exfoliating as the Body Scrub, and I would not recommend it if that is what you are looking for. It has little pink beads inside that may have been what tricked me into buying this, but the beads might as well not be there. They don't seem to even dissolve and release any kind of helpful anything, they just run down the drain. If a normal salicylic acne wash is what you're looking for, this smells nice (not too strong so as to be offensive), and the cap I find to be better-designed than the Body Clear Body Scrub one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Rosilla

This product is great, I use it for my face & body. When I first started using it, I must admit I was very disappointed. It was drying to my skin, but after continually using it, it did wonders. My skin went back to normal & it cleared all of my acne! I get a pimple every now and then, but other then that, I am acne free!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by mrm1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At the advice of a friend, I added this product to my winter line-up of body washes, as I find I tend to get very sensitive and dry at this time of year. I don't think I'd use it all of the year but so far, as it has been getting colder and drier, it has been a big help to calm my skin in the mornings.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDeseray96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE!! Okay, so I started off being in love with this product, but over time it gradually made my bacne worse and worse and worse. It took me awhile to notice that it was this product that caused it, but as soon as I switched to Cetaphil the problem was non existant. I absolutely LOVE this stuff and it lasts forever! So if you're having trouble with body acne, do not, I repeat, do not waste your money on this. In the long run it will only make your problem worse. Get Cetaphil and I promise you won't be dissapointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My body tends to become acne prone during the warmer months of the year, which is when I switch over to this product. It has been a life-saver for me and when I first discovered it I could tell such a dramatic difference with my skin.

I honestly can't really tell much of the scent, but I love that it is gently and not drying. It leaves my skin feeling clean and it is just great, esp during the summer time!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

I've been using this for a few months now, along with a net sponge, and my skin has been clear the whole time. Granted, I also supplement my use of this with occasional sprays of Murad's body spray, and occasional application of AHA lotion by Lubriderm, so I can't be sure that this is a great product, but my skin has improved drastically since I started this regime. I basically wash with this (or with St. Ives Energizing Citrus, which is my huge bottle of cheap stuff at my boyfriend's apartment), and every few days I spray the Murad on my back, chest, and arms. About every 1.5 weeks I apply the AHA lotion. It's not a very set regiment, I basically just apply either the spray or the lotion every few days, and make sure to wash my back with a sponge and soap and try not to let shampoo and conditioner run down my back.

I can say that this hasn't aggravated my skin at least, and it smells really good! Though the beads are useless. I really recommend using it with a poof, and trying a body spray/AHA lotion in rotation. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, let me say this is the exact same thing as the Grapefruit Face Scrub. Do not be fooled. I've compared the ingredients as well as the texture. So if you're looking for more bang for your buck, go ahead and purchase this body wash because it contains more than the scrub. I use this on my face as well as my chest and back. Very multi purpose product.
Now, onto the review. The scent is grapefruit, all right. At times when I use this, I smell that "B.O." smell. But I've gotten used to it now so it hardly bothers me.
I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging...once younhave very little left, it's hard to get the product out. If you store it upside down so that the product is ready to come out when you need it, it will leak.
This has "exfoliating" beads in it which do absolutely nothing so do not expect to be exfoliated from this "scrub". This is more of a gel cleanser with some beads in it to boost sales and mislead consumers.
This does contain 2% Salicyc Acid and it will make your skin more dry, like most acne care products (this is how they work, people, so stop your whining & complaining!). If you moisturize your skin, it will become used to this product and adjust to it in two or so weeks.
I've found this helps to keep my skin clear on my face, back, and chest along with using benzoyl peroxide, baking soda and birth control. Everyone is different and so what works for me might not work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read the magazine reviews and bought it based on them. It does the job. I'm a runner and during the summer between sunscreen, road dirt and sweat I need something to help me avoid breakouts. My chest and tummy breakout (weird Iknow). Love the smell can't say the microbeads are good or bad but I would try it again.