Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I saw very good reviews of this body soap, so I wanted to give it try. Since my favorite soap Thymes, Red Cnerie is expensive. I did not see any significant difference in my skin after using this body soap and also it did not help my back acne in the long run. I prefer that the soap changes my skin condition in long run.

on 2/24/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wish I could have given this a 3.5...so I went ahead and rounded up. In a nutshell...I like this, but I do not think it is anything special. My skin (body included) tends to be super oily in the summer and super dry in the winter. I bought this last summer to help combat breakouts on my back and chest area. I do think it helped by drying my skin out a little bit--nothing drastic but I did notice a little difference. No way could I use this in the winter months, it would be way too drying. I did even use it on my face off and on throughout the summer and it did just fine.
I love the smell, it is light and definitely grapefruity. : ) I like the packaging. After summer I tucked it away and when it gets warm again I will grab it, turn it upside down (which I like to be able to do when storing body washes in the shower--especially when they start to run low) and be ready to go. I don't know if I will repurchase when this runs completely out--I may try something different. But I would repurchase this if I couldn't find anything I liked better.

on 2/13/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the grapefruit smell and the bright pink color. It really cleared up my back and has kept it nearly blemish free. I use it every day! I would recommend it to anyone with moderate back acne to help keep clear.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a very so-so product. Personally, I hate the smell of grapefruit, but didn't mind giving this a try because I've heard good things about Neutrogena. The little beads are slightly annoying. They can get stuck in crevices of your body or stuck to your skin in general. They don't do much of anything. It does clear up body acne, but not to an extremely amazing extent, just mildly so. It's most positive thing is that it prevents more acne from coming up, and excels at that. But it's not enough to make me buy again. I can find better products.

on 1/10/2012 12:35:00 PM

I bought this because my local Walmart didn't have the Body Clear Body Scrub in stock and I needed to buy SOMETHING. This product is nowhere NEAR as exfoliating as the Body Scrub, and I would not recommend it if that is what you are looking for. It has little pink beads inside that may have been what tricked me into buying this, but the beads might as well not be there. They don't seem to even dissolve and release any kind of helpful anything, they just run down the drain. If a normal salicylic acne wash is what you're looking for, this smells nice (not too strong so as to be offensive), and the cap I find to be better-designed than the Body Clear Body Scrub one.

on 11/27/2011 4:57:00 PM

This product is great, I use it for my face & body. When I first started using it, I must admit I was very disappointed. It was drying to my skin, but after continually using it, it did wonders. My skin went back to normal & it cleared all of my acne! I get a pimple every now and then, but other then that, I am acne free!

on 11/17/2011 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

At the advice of a friend, I added this product to my winter line-up of body washes, as I find I tend to get very sensitive and dry at this time of year. I don't think I'd use it all of the year but so far, as it has been getting colder and drier, it has been a big help to calm my skin in the mornings.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE!! Okay, so I started off being in love with this product, but over time it gradually made my bacne worse and worse and worse. It took me awhile to notice that it was this product that caused it, but as soon as I switched to Cetaphil the problem was non existant. I absolutely LOVE this stuff and it lasts forever! So if you're having trouble with body acne, do not, I repeat, do not waste your money on this. In the long run it will only make your problem worse. Get Cetaphil and I promise you won't be dissapointed!

on 10/15/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My body tends to become acne prone during the warmer months of the year, which is when I switch over to this product. It has been a life-saver for me and when I first discovered it I could tell such a dramatic difference with my skin.

I honestly can't really tell much of the scent, but I love that it is gently and not drying. It leaves my skin feeling clean and it is just great, esp during the summer time!

on 10/1/2011 11:25:00 PM

I've been using this for a few months now, along with a net sponge, and my skin has been clear the whole time. Granted, I also supplement my use of this with occasional sprays of Murad's body spray, and occasional application of AHA lotion by Lubriderm, so I can't be sure that this is a great product, but my skin has improved drastically since I started this regime. I basically wash with this (or with St. Ives Energizing Citrus, which is my huge bottle of cheap stuff at my boyfriend's apartment), and every few days I spray the Murad on my back, chest, and arms. About every 1.5 weeks I apply the AHA lotion. It's not a very set regiment, I basically just apply either the spray or the lotion every few days, and make sure to wash my back with a sponge and soap and try not to let shampoo and conditioner run down my back.

I can say that this hasn't aggravated my skin at least, and it smells really good! Though the beads are useless. I really recommend using it with a poof, and trying a body spray/AHA lotion in rotation. Good luck!