Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

on 6/13/2012 11:55:00 PM

I love this body wash! At first I used the original Body Clear body wash, which smells terrible, but then I discovered this one which does the same thing, except it smells wonderful and it has little exfoliating beads. I like to exfoliate my skin at least twice a week because it keeps it blemish-free, and the salicylic acid keeps the acne away. I use it almost every day, its great. I will definitely be repurchasing. It is a little expensive in Canada but still within a reasonable range.

Right. I have one word for this product: Pathetic.
First of all, you have to know that my acne is not cystic or terrible, just many pimples on chest and back. My skin wasn't particularily sensitive or overly oily.
That being said, it has grown progressively worse for the past 2 years, and I was 14 when I decided to do something and started using this. By the end of the first bottle, nothing. Still the same pimples, in fact my acne was slowly but surely extending to shoulders, neck and lower back. Here I am, 5 (YES, FIVE) bottles later and still nothing. It finally made my chest acne superficially better (the pimples were under the skin, so less bothersome) after MONTHS of use and there isn't even a dent in the back acne. I have slowiy realed myself off of this product ( slowly because I read that once you stop it quickly gets just as bad as before, so NOT a permanent solution, even when it does work. Hmmm, I wonder what Neutrogena stands to gain from making a product your skin eternally depends on...) It has also made my skin much more sensitive than ever before, and it may be responsible for my acne spreading to neck, shoulders and lower lower back. since it happened during use. The grapefruit cleanser by Neutrogena for FACIAL acne just made things worse, even after months of dedicated, regular use. My overall, face & body skin is now red, irritaded and dried up by the simplest of water-only showers. I discontinued use a week ago and am now TRYING to recover from these products. I will say it again, I have all-around kind of acne, nothing peculiar about it. Pimples, blackheads, moderate to sometimes severe acne. So all in all, I thing Neutrogena should spend a little less money on Vanessa Hudgens and Hayden Panettiere (who, i would like to point out, probably have never seen a single pimple in their lives) and a little more on research.
To finish off I apologize for the long, detailed review that most of you probably don't need or want but i feel it was important to put it out there, if it can help somebody, anybody from making the same mistake I did :/ Best of luck to all acne sufferers and if you decide to buy it I really hope it works for you! There are some positive reviews after all... Maybe i am just special...Yay. good luck to all acne sufferers!!

on 4/15/2012 9:53:00 PM

This stuff smells like grapefruit for sure, more bitter than citrus refreshing - but it's better than a medicine smell!! I have keratosis pilaris on my arms, it's very mild but it is bothersome, even though it only comes and goes. My dermatologist has told me that I could treat it with Retin A - but my Retin A product is WAY to expensive to rub all over the backs of my arms. So, I gave this a try assuming if you could treat it with Retin A - you could also treat it with salicylic acid. I don't think the beads exfoliate but the SA does that chemically for you. I loofa first so that it will sink in and then use it from head to toe. I must say, I do see a definite improvement with the KP. I think the result makes my skin on the rest of my body look more luminous, which is good because dry skin on the legs is nothing anybody wants to look at. I moisturize after I get out of the shower and voila, my limbs are ready to face the world.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I saw very good reviews of this body soap, so I wanted to give it try. Since my favorite soap Thymes, Red Cnerie is expensive. I did not see any significant difference in my skin after using this body soap and also it did not help my back acne in the long run. I prefer that the soap changes my skin condition in long run.

on 2/24/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wish I could have given this a 3.5...so I went ahead and rounded up. In a nutshell...I like this, but I do not think it is anything special. My skin (body included) tends to be super oily in the summer and super dry in the winter. I bought this last summer to help combat breakouts on my back and chest area. I do think it helped by drying my skin out a little bit--nothing drastic but I did notice a little difference. No way could I use this in the winter months, it would be way too drying. I did even use it on my face off and on throughout the summer and it did just fine.
I love the smell, it is light and definitely grapefruity. : ) I like the packaging. After summer I tucked it away and when it gets warm again I will grab it, turn it upside down (which I like to be able to do when storing body washes in the shower--especially when they start to run low) and be ready to go. I don't know if I will repurchase when this runs completely out--I may try something different. But I would repurchase this if I couldn't find anything I liked better.

on 2/13/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the grapefruit smell and the bright pink color. It really cleared up my back and has kept it nearly blemish free. I use it every day! I would recommend it to anyone with moderate back acne to help keep clear.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a very so-so product. Personally, I hate the smell of grapefruit, but didn't mind giving this a try because I've heard good things about Neutrogena. The little beads are slightly annoying. They can get stuck in crevices of your body or stuck to your skin in general. They don't do much of anything. It does clear up body acne, but not to an extremely amazing extent, just mildly so. It's most positive thing is that it prevents more acne from coming up, and excels at that. But it's not enough to make me buy again. I can find better products.

on 1/10/2012 12:35:00 PM

I bought this because my local Walmart didn't have the Body Clear Body Scrub in stock and I needed to buy SOMETHING. This product is nowhere NEAR as exfoliating as the Body Scrub, and I would not recommend it if that is what you are looking for. It has little pink beads inside that may have been what tricked me into buying this, but the beads might as well not be there. They don't seem to even dissolve and release any kind of helpful anything, they just run down the drain. If a normal salicylic acne wash is what you're looking for, this smells nice (not too strong so as to be offensive), and the cap I find to be better-designed than the Body Clear Body Scrub one.

on 11/27/2011 4:57:00 PM

This product is great, I use it for my face & body. When I first started using it, I must admit I was very disappointed. It was drying to my skin, but after continually using it, it did wonders. My skin went back to normal & it cleared all of my acne! I get a pimple every now and then, but other then that, I am acne free!

on 11/17/2011 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

At the advice of a friend, I added this product to my winter line-up of body washes, as I find I tend to get very sensitive and dry at this time of year. I don't think I'd use it all of the year but so far, as it has been getting colder and drier, it has been a big help to calm my skin in the mornings.