July 29, 2014 | 2156 users online

Polishes - OPI - Tickle my France-y

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this shade in a set of 10 of OPI's most popular colors. There were other, more "ballet slipper" pinks, and more grey-nudes and I this one fell under my radar for a while. It didn't look too exciting in the bottle. I finally used it and it's really one of the most flattering neutral nail shades I've ever tried! I ordered the full sized immediately. I have very fair, cool skin and the polish shows up as a combo of a little pink, a little nude and a little mauve. It also has a nice opacity, which can be hard to fin with light, neutral shades. It may not be the most exciting shade, but I'd say this is a must have for everyone's polish collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by baggravation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this colour on my finger nails. It is more of a darker nude colour. It comes off as a light grayish mauve (also looks like there may be hints of pink). This polish has a nice sheen when it's dry with no glitter. It's pretty much a solid glossy colour. I think this colour is better suited for people with medium-dark skin tone. If you have a lighter skin tone I don't think this colour would work as a nude (it would come off as a much darker colour). Overall, I'm very impressed with this colour. It's one of those colour that doesn't show chips so you can get away with wearing it for a long time. It is a VERY thin formula so you do need at least 3 coats for an opaque finish. With 1 coat, you can't really tell that you have anything on your nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG nude. I cannot praise this color enough. It's the perfect nude color! I have my cosmo license so I pay $4.25 for OPI, but even if I had to pay full price I'd buy this over and over again. For reference, I'm a MAC NW20. I get compliments constantly!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hm, I wanted to like this but I don't. This color looks really lovely in the bottle, but on my hands it has that rotten, goulish touch so many shades of that sort have and I really don't like that. I guess this color is very nice for darker skin, but with pale hands it just looks like out of the grave.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was late to the party on this one but I am glad I lemmed it eventually. Perfect neutral/subtle color with a slight edge, this polish sometimes look pink, sometimes grey, sometimes brown, but always elegant. Work appropriate and lady-like without being too pink and boring. I especially liked this polish after konading white lace on top of it.

Although my skin is much too pale to consider this a nude color, it is my go-to sublet/nude shade when I want some color on my nails but need to have them blend in a more conservative environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've long been a fan of OPI for its quality, wear and colour range. I wasn't disappointed when I found this pink-undertones nude. It's a perfect transition colour for this time of year. It applies smoothly and stays true to the bottle (I find that this is sometimes a challenge with nudes) and I've been wearing it for 5 days so far without any tip wear (generally I find OPI lasts about 7 days for me without chipping, that's with a base coat and doing a fair amount of regular housework). If youre searching for a neutral, you won't be disappointed with this feminine nude for the fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this muddy pink is so incredibly flattering on my cool, fair skin. professional, lovely, wear with everything, all seasons, finger or toes, mix or match. i will buy over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A dream. Like many cremes in a single collection, this color coordinates perfectly with "Jacques," and other cremes in the France collection. While I don't like to match my toes with my tips, I do like them to be in the same color family, and "Francey" has solved this dilemma.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by MsEvaKumo

I've been searching for a nude for the longest time, but I've found that most nude polishes either make my warm-toned hands look sickly or dirty. That being said, I almost fell to the floor with delight when I painted my nails with Tickle My France-y; this is the first nude polish I've tried that actually flattered my hands!

Tickle My France-y is a medium-toned grayish nude with a very slight blush of cool pink. Personally, I think that the pink in this shade adds to its character. I'd like to believe that this is the prettier sister of Essie's Ladylike, which has more of a lavender hint and makes my hands look dirty. The color of Tickle My France-y is perfect for work and pretty much any occasion. And although it's a nude, it's not dull and boring, but rather elegant and sophisticated. For days when I want a little bit of oomph in this color, I wear glitter polishes over this. It particularly looks great under pink glitters (e.g. Deborah Lippmann's Some Enchanted Evening or Revlon's Sparkling polishes).

I was also very pleased with the wear and application of this color. I didn't experience any major chipping and had only a little bit of tip wear after 4 days. But I also don't experience much chipping anyway since I use effective base and top coat polishes. Tickle My France-y applied on my nails very easily; it is opaque enough (the color you see in the bottle was apparent after 2 coats), but was slightly runny, making it easy for beginners to apply.

I will DEFINITELY repurchase this nail polish since I see myself wearing this a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Chidders

Well flip me........I LOVE THIS. I read countless reviews to decide which OPI colours to invest in, after finding a reasonably priced website here in the UK as a stockist. I purchased 4 in total, and this has been my 1st wear. I did know that I wanted a nude polish, as I didn't own one. I have now work it a week, and only today is it starting to show signs of wear, though the joy of nude is you can get away with a little more. On to the colour. Personally I would describe this as a latte colour mixed with pink/mauve. Oh, Im not sure that I would, it is so difficult to explain. It is natural but also does not just blend into my skintone and so does not go unnoticed. I literally cannot recommend this highly enough!