October 23, 2014 | 1716 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sephora - Anti-Shine Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

I honestly don't think this does anything... I wore it on one side of my face (under my foundation) and by the end of the day you couldn't see a difference between the side of my face with primer and the side without. It stung a bit when I put it on too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by WhitneyLaDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very effective at keeping me matte and will not turn ash on a deeper skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by sherpa

I really, really, REALLY wanted to love this primer when I first bought it. For me, it does everything it claimed - controls shine, makes makeup last, and it's pretty cheap for a primer, BUT it breaks me out. :( I'm trying it again to make sure it was the primer that broke me out, but I can't think of anything else that I changed in the skin care routine after I bought this. As for applying it, you need to use it very sparingly otherwise it can end up sticky and gross, but otherwise dries to an almost powdery finish. The only other thing I don't like about this is the fragrance. I really don't like applying smelly things to my face and the scent is a little overwhelmingly perfumey, and doesn't fade away during the day. I would love this primer if it didn't give me zits, though.
Edit: Definitely this that broke me out. After using it again, I also noticed it made my face feel a little gunky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like it. My skin isn't overly oily, but I get a shiny nose and forehead after a few hours. This keeps my makeup looking freshly applied and my nose shine-free through an 8 hour waitressing shift... and that is asking a lot of any product. Thumbs up.

Haven't had any problems with my makeup sticking (I use Revlon Colorstay, for reference) and I use a damp sponge to stipple it on, so that might be the reason it's worked so well. I imagine if you used fingers or a brush it may not go on as smoothly. Also don't have any complaints regarding the drying time. I have more than enough time to apply this and I still usually let it dry for a little while after, just for good measure.

I really like it, it's comparatively inexpensive when you look at other primers, it doesn't feel sticky, it keeps my nose matte... I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily skin, and have been trying to find a primer that'll make my makeup last >8 hours without leaving a layer of oil on my face at the end of the day. I've tried this and MakeUp ForEver's HD primer (neutral) and Sephora's primer worked much better for me. I apply this together with UD's de-slick spray and my makeup looks matte from 7am - 6pm and it's pretty affordable as well. I do have a Dr Brandt Pores No More primer on the way, but if it doesn't work well on me I'll have no problem moving back to Sephora's.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by tubularr

I'm surprised at the negative reviews because I love this primer! At $18, I think this is one of the cheaper primers out there. I'm not experiencing this "sticky" feeling the other reviewers mention. I'm curious if they are putting on a bit too much than you actually need or I'm just putting on too little. However, with this primer, you need VERG, VERY little because it spreads very easily. I use this and then my Smashbox Anti-Shine on areas where I'm oily and I'm oily free for the whole school day, which is about 7-ish hours. If you're looking for anything to keep you matte for 12 hours, I say that's a lot to ask for in any product, but that's just me. You NEED to let this set for a few minutes to soak in and absorb the oil from your face, as you need with any other primer.

I also don't understand the whole "sticky" feeling if it "dries" so fast. This does not feel sticky at all for me, but it does dry quickly.

For those of you who are expecting this product to last more than 8 hours should not have purchased this product in the first place becauae it clearly states that it works for 8 hours! So if you want it to work for 12 or more hours and you're disappointed, it is not the product's fault.

Love this primer and will repurchase. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by bobbi0908

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just purchasesd this yesterday and tried it out today it smells okay but OMG its so sticky and sort of sore when i tried to apply conceler under my eyes it was like touching or stinging of a rubber rubberband under my eyes. I usually use MAC prep+prime but been breaking out alot so Im going to return this one asap and look for a better one anyone with any suggestions would be great thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by marbleeyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love this primer, leaves my face smooth and flawless

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in desperation to keep my very oily skin matte. This stuff has a runny consistency and dries pretty quickly so you have to work fast. it has a strong scent- kind of like alcohol or a man's cologne.
but it definitely did nothing to keep my skin matte in an 8 hour work day. as a primer... i suppose my foundation glided on fine. i never use a primer just for foundation, however. only to keep my skin matte. so i'm not really sure about that department.
This stuff wasn't TERRIBLE however, it kept me matte for atleast 1.5-2 hours. so i'll give it 2 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ecstacyfeind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this for around 18? i think. idk i forget. but anyways the formula feels super sticky on your face and stays sticky. it was really hard to apply liquid foundation over it. im guessing it would be better for powder. but as for oil control it did a "decent" job. not the best.my skin would stay matte for 3 hrs tops. i use milk of magnesia now which is amazing for anyone with oily skin like me.