April 23, 2014 | 2109 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I got a sample of this primer in neutral and tried it for the first time today. I have only used it once but I have already decided that I DO NOT LIKE this primer. I didn't mind that it was runny in texture (in fact, I thought this was a good point because you can use so little and thus, make it economical) and it dried on my face within a reasonable amount of time (less than 10 minutes), but the moment I put on my creme-to-powder foundation, my T-zone was oily - more oily than usual, actually! So I blotted my face with an oil-absorbing sheet and applied my translucent blotting powder to get rid of this oil, which fixed the problem only momentarily because every time I checked up on my make-up (every hour or so), my T-zone was just an oil well. This is the fourth primer I have tried (it was recommended by a salesgirl at Sephora) and although I was looking for a non-silicone primer (this isn't one, by the way), I decided to give it a shot (it was a sample afterall). I'm glad I didn't actually buy this without trying it first.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by nikkifreakinnb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this product but it just didn't perform as well as I hoped it would. The texture is really runny, almost like a cheap Jergens body lotion. The smell is nice and not bothersome... but the primer actually doesn't help my makeup stay. I still have to blot and re-apply foundation. NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

It's a bit hard for me to rate primers. The first primer I tried did nothing. This is only the second primer that I've ever tried. It does make my skin feel smoother. I do believe that the makeup does last a bit longer with this on. I also like the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It definitely broke my skin out. Nothing special. Too silicony for my combination skin. Also, mosttimes myskin feels irritaded the moment i wear it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kamilevna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

yes, it really controls the oilness on my face (i use it under hd foundation), helps to last my make up much more better during the day even when it is summer, i don't feel it on my face. But in the evening when i put off my make up, my combination oily skin is dry, hd primer burns my face, i see redness, i dislike this feelings. This primer works, that is why i use it but only on special event. I have two small free bottles but i won't buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best primer I've ever used. I love that it's like a serum and it soaks right into my skin. It doesn't leave a greasy film, or a silicone feeling like most other primers did on me. I love the scent - it's light and fresh. I love how it keeps my skin soft, oil free, but not toally matte. It controls shine, but also enhances my skin's natural radiance. I don't break out from this primer. I think the packaging is great with a pump. A little goes a long way. One pump for my entire face is enough. Within minutes my skin looks smooth and even toned.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by akyky

A sales associate from Sephora recommended that I try this primer because I told her that liquid foundations tend to oxidize on my face. Primers that give my skin that slick slippery texture make me break out, but this one just feels like a light moisturizer. I thought I'd give it a try. I used it for a week under both liquid and mineral makeup; I saw no difference in my makeup. It didn't make my foundation last longer, didn't keep the oil away, and basically just looked the same as if I didn't wear any primer. I can't say much on the oxidation part, since I had recently switched to MUFE's HD Foundation and it doesn't oxidize on me.

PROS: light-weight texture without the slippery feeling; smooth canvas for makeup
CONS: price; doesn't live up to it's purpose of making foundation last longer or look better; possible culprit for clogged pore

To be fair though, no primer has ever worked for me. Maybe my skin is just super oily and acne-prone to benefit from a primer. MUFE has some pretty awesome products though!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

I bought this product three weeks ago when I lost my bottle of BE Prime Time. I like this better than Prime Time because it doesn't make my skin oily. However, I feel like Prime Time smooth out my skin more than this primer. I do like the smell of the primer and it does make my foundation stay on longer, even if it is a drugstore brand. All in all, I would purchase this primer again (would buy it over BE Prime Time).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by mushyshellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the foundation, blush, and powder in the MUFE HD line, but this primer is garbage. It settles into lines (i'm 18, i shouldn't have lines, and don't without this product on) It makes my skin so oily and dewy which i absolutely hate. I like a matte finish, this product does nothing and goes by quickly. I have combo/dry oily skin. This stuff just isn't for me and it definitely does not make my make up last, it actually makes me need to keep dabbing it down because a shiny oil field is reflecting off of my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I generally use Too Faced Primed and Poreless, but I just recently ran out and I don't have the funds to re-purchase as of yet. I had gotten a travel-sized tube ($15 on Sephora.com by itself) of this stuff at X-mas in a MUFE set, so I figured now was as good a time as any to try it out. Initially, I was pretty wary of this product. A friend of mine had bought this primer in one of the colored formulations and said that it was nothing special, and that it clogged her pores. However, my experience with this primer was the complete opposite. My pores appear much smaller when I use this primer, my skin is more radiant, and my makeup (Laura Mercier Mineral SPF) applies over this like a dream-- smooth, even skin tone and texture, even without other products from the HD line. The texture is much thinner, less sticky and greasy feeling, and fast absorbing.

Is it a miracle worker? Well, no. I still have to blot about 3 to 4 hours post makeup application, sometimes sooner. However, I've noticed less product slips off on my blotting papers than with TF PP. More importantly, at the end of a long day of work and school (8 to 12 hrs), my foundation is still there, and I don't have as much of that haggard, worn in look to my makeup that can happen as the day wears on. After about a month of use, I haven't had any breakouts, either.

All in all, I like this primer. It was a good deal as part of the set I bought, but a little pricey as a travel size on it's own. I think that when my birthday rolls around I'll let go of the $$ to buy the full-size. For me, it's worth it.