Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 9/12/2012 4:51:00 AM

PROS
UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection
has a pump
affordable
works well under makeup if you use a small amount

CONS
will make your face look washed out in flash photography
has a strong sunblock smell, but it doesn't bother me

I initially didn't like using this under my makeup, but i found that it worked better if i applied a thin layer and used a primer over it

on 9/11/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i was excited about this when i bought it since of all the raving on youtube. but this leaves a white film on my skin and makes me look extra pale. i hate moisturizers like this where it doesnt absorb into the skin, but just leaves a film. if u were to rub your skin, it'll rub off in chunks. but a good thing is that it didnt break me out and my face wasnt feelin dried out.

Pros: Doesn't break me out. Doesn't make me super oily. Average moisturizer. Wears fine under makeup. Inexpensive. Contains spf.

But....

Cons: I hate the texture/feel of this product, both application-wise and wear. It's way too sunscreen-y (Lancome Bienfait lotion also has spf 30 yet doesn't feel like sunscreen at all). I don't like the smell either, smells like sunscreen. When you wear it, it is kinda greasy at first (again, sunscreen!) but it does sink into your skin after a while. Also, be wary not to apply too thick of a layer (you only need a thin layer of this) or else, there will be a white film on some parts of your face.

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my Lancome Bienfait lotion with spf 30. A lot of people on youtube love this product for their sensitive skin, but it didn't work for me. :(

on 8/23/2012 2:48:00 PM

Good for my sensitive skin. Has a slight hint of a medicinal (too strong a word) smell. Has a slight brightening effect for me. It's a light fluid - goes on smoothly - must wait to apply makeup till it's fully absorbed. Only flaw for me is that now, post 40, I wish it could be more emollient - but not a deal breaker.

on 8/7/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this product years ago and tried it again recently. They STILL have not resolved the absorption problem- it leaves a visible white mask on the skin, all day. This is surprising since their body lotions and creams are really great.

on 7/11/2012 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I always use this for my No Makeup days and I like that it does't break me out. However you can smell the sunscreen but it doesn't really bother me. It kind feels a little greasy at first but wait a few seconds and it feels like nothing is there.

on 7/11/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have had a really hard time finding a facial sunscreen. Most have ingredients that set my sensitive skin off. I like that this lotion doesn't do that. I like that it wears well under makeup. I like that it has a high UVA/UVB SPF. I have not had a burn this summer since I've been using it. If this were just a sunscreen, I would have given it four lippies. But I had to knock it down a few lippies because it is billed as a moisturizer and it does. not. moisturize. My skin is dry and flaky by the end of the day, which should not be happening when I put a moisturizer on in the AM religiously. I will use this as a sunscreen until it runs out, but as I will have to use a separate moisturizer, I do not think I will repurchase. ETA: Bah. After a month or so of no reaction, it set my skin off terribly. Out it goes. :( Time to try something else.

on 6/27/2012 5:18:00 PM

Honestly, I'm torn on how to review this product. This is a good everyday moisturizer with sunscreen. The PPD isn't terribly high so I use it as an everyday product rather than depend on it for prolonged sun exposure (I live in Seattle so I don't get much sun on a daily basis.) My main issue is the same that I have had with every sunscreen product I've ever tried. 1/4 teaspoon is just a ton of product to slather on your face especially if you expect to put makeup over it. One pump of this would be the perfect amount but it takes 3 pumps to get 1/4 tsp (which is the amount required for your face to get the labelled SPF.) with this much product, every moisturizing/ SPF product I've tried becomes too heavy and does not play well with makeup so I don't think its fair to mark this down too much because of that.

Pros: doesn't break me out, doesn't dry out skin or require extra moisture, SPF 30, convenient pump bottle, inexpensive

Cons: greasy and non-absorbent when required amount is applied, UVA protection could be better

I love Eucerin everyday for being the only sunscreen that doesn't break me out and for keeping me protected from incidental exposure, I just wish they could find a way to make it absorb better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I felt the need to write a review for this facial moisturizer seeing as I HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME WITH SUNSCREENS ON MY FACE!! Seriously, dang near everything I put on my face burns! Yes I have seriously sensitive skin, I'm no stranger to contact dermatitis or atopic derm at that, and chemicals seem to be the worst when it comes to sunscreen. This stuff is amazing seeing as I can use it without much worry of it burning... some times the corners of my nose (where it creases and meets your face) will become only slightly irritated if I start sweating but I haven't exactly pinned that down to this product yet.

I did subtract one lippie and that is because I do get a noticeable white 'mask' from this product. It does however seem to get better if I let it sit for a while before applying my make up. So I'm not totally against the product. Heck I use this stuff for my face, arms, chest, legs, just as sunscreen when I'm on the run and don't feel like messing around with other greasy sunscreens.

on 6/11/2012 1:33:00 AM

LOVE IT. I used to use Olay's Complete Defense SPF 30 moisturizer. Decided to try this because it was much cheaper and had great sunscreen ingredients. I've been using it for over a year (I use it every single day!) and could not be happier with it. Does not make me break out. Great under makeup. Doesn't leave a white cast on my face. Goes on nice and smooth, unlike Olay which I would have to spend more time rubbing it in. Walmart has this for $6.97 (for 4 oz). Olay's Complete Defense SPF 30 costs $12.27 (for only 2.5 oz). So you can't beat it!