July 22, 2014 | 2423 users online

Sunscreen - Eucerin - Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product years ago and tried it again recently. They STILL have not resolved the absorption problem- it leaves a visible white mask on the skin, all day. This is surprising since their body lotions and creams are really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by HollyG69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always use this for my No Makeup days and I like that it does't break me out. However you can smell the sunscreen but it doesn't really bother me. It kind feels a little greasy at first but wait a few seconds and it feels like nothing is there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had a really hard time finding a facial sunscreen. Most have ingredients that set my sensitive skin off. I like that this lotion doesn't do that. I like that it wears well under makeup. I like that it has a high UVA/UVB SPF. I have not had a burn this summer since I've been using it. If this were just a sunscreen, I would have given it four lippies. But I had to knock it down a few lippies because it is billed as a moisturizer and it does. not. moisturize. My skin is dry and flaky by the end of the day, which should not be happening when I put a moisturizer on in the AM religiously. I will use this as a sunscreen until it runs out, but as I will have to use a separate moisturizer, I do not think I will repurchase. ETA: Bah. After a month or so of no reaction, it set my skin off terribly. Out it goes. :( Time to try something else.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I'm torn on how to review this product. This is a good everyday moisturizer with sunscreen. The PPD isn't terribly high so I use it as an everyday product rather than depend on it for prolonged sun exposure (I live in Seattle so I don't get much sun on a daily basis.) My main issue is the same that I have had with every sunscreen product I've ever tried. 1/4 teaspoon is just a ton of product to slather on your face especially if you expect to put makeup over it. One pump of this would be the perfect amount but it takes 3 pumps to get 1/4 tsp (which is the amount required for your face to get the labelled SPF.) with this much product, every moisturizing/ SPF product I've tried becomes too heavy and does not play well with makeup so I don't think its fair to mark this down too much because of that.

Pros: doesn't break me out, doesn't dry out skin or require extra moisture, SPF 30, convenient pump bottle, inexpensive

Cons: greasy and non-absorbent when required amount is applied, UVA protection could be better

I love Eucerin everyday for being the only sunscreen that doesn't break me out and for keeping me protected from incidental exposure, I just wish they could find a way to make it absorb better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by feebeewhiskers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I felt the need to write a review for this facial moisturizer seeing as I HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME WITH SUNSCREENS ON MY FACE!! Seriously, dang near everything I put on my face burns! Yes I have seriously sensitive skin, I'm no stranger to contact dermatitis or atopic derm at that, and chemicals seem to be the worst when it comes to sunscreen. This stuff is amazing seeing as I can use it without much worry of it burning... some times the corners of my nose (where it creases and meets your face) will become only slightly irritated if I start sweating but I haven't exactly pinned that down to this product yet.

I did subtract one lippie and that is because I do get a noticeable white 'mask' from this product. It does however seem to get better if I let it sit for a while before applying my make up. So I'm not totally against the product. Heck I use this stuff for my face, arms, chest, legs, just as sunscreen when I'm on the run and don't feel like messing around with other greasy sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by mchll9898

LOVE IT. I used to use Olay's Complete Defense SPF 30 moisturizer. Decided to try this because it was much cheaper and had great sunscreen ingredients. I've been using it for over a year (I use it every single day!) and could not be happier with it. Does not make me break out. Great under makeup. Doesn't leave a white cast on my face. Goes on nice and smooth, unlike Olay which I would have to spend more time rubbing it in. Walmart has this for $6.97 (for 4 oz). Olay's Complete Defense SPF 30 costs $12.27 (for only 2.5 oz). So you can't beat it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne prone but still dry thanks to AZ desert.

Finally finished a full bottle but not planning to repurchase. It was good, but nothing special. Will start shiny, but most of it will matte down by the time you're applying makeup. Also needed something a bit more moisturzing being in the AZ desert, currently prefer Shiseido SPF cream versions.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been searching forever and ever for an SPF daily sunscreen that:
- Had SPF of at least 30
- Uses the SAFEST sunscreens (a lot of drugstore sunscreens have nasty nasty SPFs such as homoslate and oxybenzone--the irony that these sunscreens can cause cancer!)
- No white cast
- Lightweight
- BROAD-SPECTRUM UVB/UVA protection
- At the drugstore and not extremely expensive
- Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
- No breakouts

It took me a long time, but after sifting through makeupalley's reviews, I came across Eucerin SPF Lotion. Eucerin is a brand for Rosacea and Sensitive Skin, so I was especially excited, since I have both issues.
After reading the reviews, it seemed to fit my criteria. I was so excited to go to the USA and get this: only $7 @ Target!!! WOW! I have been using this for about two weeks now, and no signs of acne/skin irritation coming from this product! It is so lightweight and though initially, it goes on white, this quickly goes away once you rub it into your skin and leaves NO WHITE CAST.

I really want to grasp everybody at just how hard it is to find a sunscreen with the LOWEST CANCER-CAUSING sunscreens that has NO WHITE CAST and is so darn CHEAP! All other reviews I have went through on MUA were expensive brands like Shiseido, but they still left a white cast and were $50 for a bottle in Canada.

The only problem is that it leaves the skin a bit sticky and it never really goes away. Not that a little dusting of powder can't help.

Overall I would give this 5 stars cause it fits my criteria for sunscreen 100%, it took forever to discover this gem. I have tried but stopped using (and forgotten) many other sunscreens like Neutrogena and L'Oreal because of the bad-chemical sunscreens they use. Never again. Only Eucerin.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really lightweight and effective spf moisturizer. I find that it works well with my combination skin, and with its stable sunscreen ingredients, I feel protected from daily sun exposure. The packaging is simple and user friendly, and I like the fact that I can control the amount I pump out. The only possible downside is the initial white-cast due to the drier consistency of the face lotion. It's not quite "watery" so it doesn't absorb right away. Also, for those with drier skin, this will probably not be moisturizing enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by littleredbird1

I'm a huge fan of Eucerin products, and this facial SPF is my HG. For the longest time I was unable to use SPF on my face, each product I tried irritated my skin horribly, turning it red, blotchy and puffy. I just about given up until I remembered I used to use this product in my early 20's. This product doesn't irritate my skin, and actually protects it amazingly well from the sun (I put it to the test, more than once). It hydrates really well, sinks in well and leaves a healthy, dewy finish on my skin. It does come out a bit too white at first, but I blend it in really well and the white quickly disappears. Doesn't clog my pores, doesn't cause acne, it's just perfect. To add to all the pluses, it's affordable, easily accessible and the packaging is hygienic. Here is to praying Eucerin doesn't discontinue it, like they did to their pore refining line.