October 2, 2014 | 1063 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by nesajoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This perfume smells so beautiful. It is not overbearing and is sweet loving without feeling like you are a cake. The vanilla bean and caramel stand out the most, but it is more of a fresh feel for me. It's relaxing and beautiful. The bottle is just gorgeous!! I adore this:D Cant wait for the compliments headed my way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly love this scent however I can't get it to stay on my body long at all. I have never had this problem with any other fragrance but honestly this doesn't last long then 15 minutes on me. I am far from the best at describing scents but to me it smells strongly of vanilla. It reminds me of a warm custard tart. It is very unoffensive and something you could use everyday. If this had long lasting power it would have gotten full marks from me. Oh and I forgot to mention that the bottle is absolutely beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

I just got this in the mail today and when I first sprayed it I didnt like it at all.. very strong and funky smelling but after 5 minutes it develops into a nice vanilla, caramel and cream and smells very delicious and soft. Once is drys down I LOVE it. I knocked it one lippie only because of the first few strong minutes. I would repurchase this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fun, sweet, warm, and cozy. This definitely has no snob-appeal, which is part of its charm. It's a comfort scent; luscious, feminine, and likeable.

On skin, this develops beautifully and isn't nearly as sticky-sweet as I'd found it on a paper strip. You’ll mostly smell a sweet fruit compote at the start, and then crème brulee on drydown; an expensive one. It's buttery and infused with black dots of smoky-rich vanilla bean. The almond adds a nutty richness while the caramel, amber and woods lend a toasted-sugar edge that adds complexity and stops it from being too flat and linear.
The flowers aren't all that noticeable but add some dimension.

Probably an acquired taste if you're not into sweet scents because it is very rich. I do prefer this to some of the other vanilla/apricot fragrances in the market.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, the bottle's massive so you get a lot for your money.
The first 4 hours of this perfumes gives me intense headaches. It LASTS, there's no doubt. Unfortunately there's something about the initial sprays that are unpleasant and strangle the nose. I only like this fragrance at the end of the day when it's calmed itself, which of course may have to do with my body-chemistry. At the end of the day it has plesant caramel smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wore fantasy by britney spears since it launched in 05 than along came fancy by jessica in 2008 to knock fantasy down a few steps in my fragrance ranking. It delivers what I don't like about fantasy, fantasy has that tendency to give me a major headahce beyond belief but fancy doesnt do that to me, it is a little sharp at first when you first spray it but after 15 mins we start getting ''fancy'' lol it is creamy and warm and the vanilla really shines through in this along with the carmel. It is longtivity with this is beyond AMAZING it really last forever, I go thru my laundry at the end of the week and still smell it strongly on my clothes and coats. I tried pink sugar but it smelt too burnt for me, fancy is just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this perfume. When first sprayed, it smells a little too strong for my liking but the dry down is delicious, like everyone else has stated: vanilla, caramel dessert heaven. On me it leans a little more on the caramel brown sugar side than vanilla but I love it. Definitely the best 19.99 (shoppers drug mart) perfume purchase ever made, and the bottle is huge!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mmm. This does remind me of pink sugar, but softer, not quite so INTENSE cotton candy. Although it is longer lasting so that's a plus. It's just a creamy, vanilla-ey, sugar scent and I'm very pleased with it esp. because the lasting power is decent. Nobody really seems to dislike it, as opposed to when i wore pink sugar some loved it and wanted to lick me, others found it to be too much. But this is yummy while remaining inoffensive. :) I don't love the bottle design but it's okay, better than Britney's and Mariah and such, so overall Jessica gets a thumbs up from me on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

I am a big fan of Fancy. This smells decadent to me: Warm, creamy carmel, vanilla, and burnt brown sugar. It's a great Autumn scent. I would agree with other reviews that men seem to absolutely love this scent, but I have read in the past the men veer toward vanilla based scents. It's not overly sweet or candy-smelling by any means. And I don't smell like a dessert when I wear it either. It has pretty good lasting power and it certainly is not cloying or overwhelming. This scent just reminds me of Autumn: Leaves turning, pumpkin pie, carmel apples, fires burning in the fireplace. I love it! I recently bought Fancy Love and I am actually loving that perfume more so than the original Fancy. Both are great scents - Jessica Simpson has done a wonderful job with her perfumes. I don't care who makes or endorses a perfume - I am no snob in that arena. As long as it goes in harmony with my body chemistry and I love it, then I buy it. Another plus is that both scents can be purchased at TJ Maxx for $19.99 for a 1.7 oz. bottle. Pretty cheap compared to what the department store sells both for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the most synthetic, caustic, cheap-smelling fragrances I have yet to experience. Even with all of the congruent reviews, I still reprimanded myself for being a fragrance snob when I first smelled this, because I couldn't believe how harsh it was. I thought, "Maybe I've just smelled too many niche fragrances?" In case you haven't figured it out, I was a bit disappointed at first. Fancy has a sharp opening of tart red berries, pear, a wisp of apricot, and a touch of almond. The harshness dissipates, and the fragrance develops into a warm, comforting, rich, creamy, caramel vanilla, with subtle gardenia and jasmine. It reminds me of powdered jelly donuts covered with toasted almonds and drizzled with caramel. It exits the party leaving a faint aura of Play-Doh and powdered sugar. I concede that this fragrance is not particularly refined or delicately executed, and the notes seem to be compounded together, like a child's ice cream sundae after they've excitedly mixed all of the ingredients. But as a true gourmand lover, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this fragrance. When you need sweetness and coddling, you'll find it here. It really does grow on you. Longevity and sillage are excellent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No