April 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson Fancy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wore fantasy by britney spears since it launched in 05 than along came fancy by jessica in 2008 to knock fantasy down a few steps in my fragrance ranking. It delivers what I don't like about fantasy, fantasy has that tendency to give me a major headahce beyond belief but fancy doesnt do that to me, it is a little sharp at first when you first spray it but after 15 mins we start getting ''fancy'' lol it is creamy and warm and the vanilla really shines through in this along with the carmel. It is longtivity with this is beyond AMAZING it really last forever, I go thru my laundry at the end of the week and still smell it strongly on my clothes and coats. I tried pink sugar but it smelt too burnt for me, fancy is just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this perfume. When first sprayed, it smells a little too strong for my liking but the dry down is delicious, like everyone else has stated: vanilla, caramel dessert heaven. On me it leans a little more on the caramel brown sugar side than vanilla but I love it. Definitely the best 19.99 (shoppers drug mart) perfume purchase ever made, and the bottle is huge!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mmm. This does remind me of pink sugar, but softer, not quite so INTENSE cotton candy. Although it is longer lasting so that's a plus. It's just a creamy, vanilla-ey, sugar scent and I'm very pleased with it esp. because the lasting power is decent. Nobody really seems to dislike it, as opposed to when i wore pink sugar some loved it and wanted to lick me, others found it to be too much. But this is yummy while remaining inoffensive. :) I don't love the bottle design but it's okay, better than Britney's and Mariah and such, so overall Jessica gets a thumbs up from me on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

I am a big fan of Fancy. This smells decadent to me: Warm, creamy carmel, vanilla, and burnt brown sugar. It's a great Autumn scent. I would agree with other reviews that men seem to absolutely love this scent, but I have read in the past the men veer toward vanilla based scents. It's not overly sweet or candy-smelling by any means. And I don't smell like a dessert when I wear it either. It has pretty good lasting power and it certainly is not cloying or overwhelming. This scent just reminds me of Autumn: Leaves turning, pumpkin pie, carmel apples, fires burning in the fireplace. I love it! I recently bought Fancy Love and I am actually loving that perfume more so than the original Fancy. Both are great scents - Jessica Simpson has done a wonderful job with her perfumes. I don't care who makes or endorses a perfume - I am no snob in that arena. As long as it goes in harmony with my body chemistry and I love it, then I buy it. Another plus is that both scents can be purchased at TJ Maxx for $19.99 for a 1.7 oz. bottle. Pretty cheap compared to what the department store sells both for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the most synthetic, caustic, cheap-smelling fragrances I have yet to experience. Even with all of the congruent reviews, I still reprimanded myself for being a fragrance snob when I first smelled this, because I couldn't believe how harsh it was. I thought, "Maybe I've just smelled too many niche fragrances?" In case you haven't figured it out, I was a bit disappointed at first. Fancy has a sharp opening of tart red berries, pear, a wisp of apricot, and a touch of almond. The harshness dissipates, and the fragrance develops into a warm, comforting, rich, creamy, caramel vanilla, with subtle gardenia and jasmine. It reminds me of powdered jelly donuts covered with toasted almonds and drizzled with caramel. It exits the party leaving a faint aura of Play-Doh and powdered sugar. I concede that this fragrance is not particularly refined or delicately executed, and the notes seem to be compounded together, like a child's ice cream sundae after they've excitedly mixed all of the ingredients. But as a true gourmand lover, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this fragrance. When you need sweetness and coddling, you'll find it here. It really does grow on you. Longevity and sillage are excellent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my 3rd bottle of Fancy. I love it so much!

It has a unique scent to it...a bit of a fruity smell at first, but definitely hints of sandalwood and vanilla, giving it a bit of a musky smell. Feminine but with a hint of masculinity.

The scent lasts forever! I spray it in my hair and 8 hours after my workday is over, i will catch whiffs of it. I get a ton of compliments everytime i wear it, from women and men.

I really like the bottle too. It sits on my vanity with my other myriad of perfume bottles, but it just stands out with its rose gold lid and bottle. so pretty.

I will continue to repurchase this scent. I usually buy it during the holidays when you can get the lotion and body wash set!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a bit of a perfume snob...never ever would I buy a celebrity perfume...no...not I...not until I sniffed Jessica Simpson Fancy and it was love at first whiff!

I have tried and bought some crazy expensive high end perfumes and I have never smelled anything so nice with a crazy amazing lasting power!

I sprayed this one morning on my tank top...fell asleep in that tank that night. In the morning my son came in to wake me hugged me and said "you smell amazing..Mom do you put perfume on before going to bed?". The scent was there from 24 hours before...heavenly vanilla, caramel scent.

I am no longer a perfume snob thanks to Jessica Simpsons Fancy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by maria242

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it is reallyyy strong even thought its a nice smell, it gives me a headache though, when i first sprayed it, it smelt like vera wang princess night (which i also have), but i think vera wang is much better and less stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by blancacachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love love love. This is favorite fragrance of all time. From the smell to silage it is down right amazing. I always receive compliments and get asked what I'm wearing. The smell reminds me of a certain smell from my childhood that I can't recall but makes me feel clean, sexy, and sweet.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by dreamsecurity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Count me among the many here who were embarrassed to purchase a perfume with Jessica Simpson's name on it, which was amplified even more by the name of the perfume ("Fancy"? Really??).

However, I was looking for something sweet and simple to wear on days when I don't feel like using an expensive scent. I picked it up for $20 at TJMaxx. Overall, it's the epitome of a gourmand, so if that isn't your thing, stay away. It definitely falls under the same category as Fantasy by Britney Spears, but it isn't as shrill. It's still very sugary and feminine, but aged up a little bit. I wouldn't wear this to a cocktail party or a special event, but it's perfectly suitable for every day wear--shopping, hanging out with friends, even work. In some ways, it reminds me of a fruitier, stronger (this stuff packs a punch), and more girlish Hanae Mori Butterfly. It's a "feel good" scent and worth the cheap price tag.

Update 6/18/12: Almost all of the males I work with are gay, but we recently hired two straight guys. I usually do a second spray midday (my skin eats up perfume like nobody's business), and afterwards, on two separate occasions, the guys have commented, "Is, is that you? You smell *amazing*". Guys in their 20s seem to be really fond of this scent.