November 23, 2014 | 2073 users online

Nails - Konad

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ordered the Konad nail plate M57 (it has lepard print and zebra prints) for my niece because she would spend hours on her nails, painting designs on them. I also ordered the special polishes in white, black, and blue. I got a scrapper and two ended stamper as well. I was shocked at how well it worked. I never do my nails, I'm in healthcare and can't wear nail polish but I tried it just for fun and I was able to apply the stamps myself fairly easily. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. I highly recommend it to people who are into their nails. It's a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by ljones87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought some konad plates and some polishes after reading all the positive reviews. It's so easy to use and my nails turn out fantastic! The black special polish is kind of messy, the white polish is great though. Use a plastic scraper so the plates don't scratched up. This is a great product! I love doing my nails now and I get so many compliments on them. : )

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ozlema

I received my first Konad order a few weeks a go and wanted to share the outcomes of my experience:
- Do NOT get the silver and gold Konad special polishes, they are to sheer i.e. useless. I would definitely get the white and black only and use China Glaze Khromes instead of konad silver/golds. Sasse has a very helpful guide on polishes that work well with Konad that can be found at the link in a few reviews down.

- Although I had checked out various videos in advance, in my first few tries the pattern did not show up on the stamper. (Quite frustrating when you think of all the clean up one must do after each unsuccessful attempt) You have to be very quick in painting the pattern, scraping and getting it on the stamper. I learned to swipe the polish on the pattern really quickly and scrape just once and the patterns come out perfectly. You don't need to rush that much afterwards, you have a little time to make sure you are holding the stamp correctly and roll it carefully on your nail.

- You don't need to cover the whole design with polish. Put polish on 1/3 of the design and swipe. This both makes the procedure less messy and saves polish.

- Make sure you have all your materials ready in order, beforehand.

- ocnailart.com is great for picking up your favorite designs without having to buy kits, and great customer service too. They offer free international shipping on orders of 40 USD and 30% discount with blogger codes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by tropnevad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my Konad! What a fun concept it is! I am a rubberstamper/scrapbooker, so nail stamping was a natural progression for me! There is a learning curve, but once you gat the hang of it, your polished nails will look "nekkid" without some sort of design :)

The trick is to have ALL your supplies set up and ready. Clean your scraper, plate and stamper with acetone before use, between uses, and after. Use the pure acetone, with no additives to leave streaks and deposits behind. It is also important to work quickly, to prevent the design polish from drying before getting it placed on your nail, but with the special Konad polishes, you get a little extra time. I would reccomend the special polishes for beginners, and then as you gain confidence, experiment with other brands.

It appears to be expensive when first starting out and purchasing the tools - stamper, scraper, special polish, and of course the design plates - but once you have them, they don't wear out, go bad, or have to be replaced. So little of the polish is used in a design, that I cannot imagine "wasting" any measurable amount.

Do a YouTube search for konad or nail stamping...it is sometimes difficult to envision the actual process from the finished product.

Warning: Once you get the knack - it can be addictive :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by AngelElements

I found the Konad product by it randomly showing up when I searched something for nails.. (can't remember) I looke at MANY reviews and even searched HARD for coupon codes.

Do NOT start out with Black first... lol I smuged it ALL over my hands before I got used to doing it. I bought alot of this product. I have 16-17 of the special polish colors, 27 plates and I also bought about 15 regular Konad polishes, Double stamp, metal scraper, holder (gets very stained with black hard to clean)

1. Full nail stamp - I find that since it is not big enough to cover your thumb.. I used the stamp image sideways as to cover most on my nail. The space by the cuticle where there is no stamp I place a flower image or something to fill in the space. Looks VERY nice.

My worst temper on this product is not being able to mirror your image for the other hand. This is a flaw in Konad stamping.

2. SIlver and Gold special polish - Not happy with these colors. They are kinda sheer so they don't show up very well.

3. Plate storage - I keep my plates in the plastic they come in.. so don't throw those out!

4. Cleaning the plates - While I am stamping I keep an applicator swab in a cap full of polish remover, and a lint free pad. You can find Qtip looking applicator swabs at sallys, walgreens, and walmart. They are pointy on one end.. and flatened on the other. it is VERY important that you clean your plate with lint free pads so your plate and stamper do not have little hairs :-)

I have not used my regular Konad polishes yet but will write a review on those as well when I have. I know I am missing things in my review but will update later as I rememer :-)

**** If you look above you will see I have uploaded a picture of green nails I have done with Konad Stamping. Feel free to contact me on here anytime :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love using these plates for my nails! I've had these for years now and it takes a bit to get used to because sometimes the images didn't show up on the stamper but there's a technique. I totally agree with the person below, this is the greatest thing for nails since sliced bread!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!! Okay, maybe I'm being a little hyperbolic but I am definitely IN LOVE with Konad. I've been lemming this for a couple of years, but I didn't order it until a couple of days ago because I'm a spaz and I couldn't imagine myself mastering something that seemed so complicated. I've read about girls who do 17-18 takes to get an image right. I mean, who am I kidding? If I don't get it right after 3 or 4 tries I'd give up. But seriously, first try for me = perfection. I used Tropez black for my base color (2 coats), topped that with Seche top coat, then used the white Konad polish for my images (s9). If I can master this, a drunken monkey an do it. For years I've been meaning to get snowflakes on my toes, but everytime I go into a salon, it's like, $19 bucks to get them airbrushed on. So I never went through with it. I mean, that's not even including the pedicure!! But now I can do them myself! Woo hoo! KONAD ROCKS!! (BTW I ordered from OC Nail Art on Wednesday night. It was delivered Friday. Yay!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sephoraqueen

The concept of this is wonderful. The outcome of this can sometimes be hit an' miss though. Very fun though! I craved this for so long - and then I finally get it, and a month later barely touch it. Sad, huh?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best invention ever! Although the price is a little steep at first, think of it as how much you'll save over time after you stop having to go to the salon to achieve these, and the kicker is, you can do it as often as you want! You can have different designs to suit your whim every single day. I bought the T set, it comes with m36 plate, one white and one black special polish, top coat and metal scraper and one sided stamper. I also bought a couple more plates at one go to save on shipping, and chose timeless, classic designs I wouldn't get bored of that fast.

There is a learning curve, and it can be pretty frustrating when you couldn't get it right over and over in the beginning (nagging voice at the back of my head said I was wasting polish!) but after a while you will get the hang of it. If you google Konad, you will find tons of tips, several YouTube videos even to help you out.

The metal scraper does leave scratch marks on my plates, so do get the plastic one, and the double sided stamper, it makes it easier for smaller designs to transfer. Because you're doing it almost blind (my ribbons always end up crooked), the small stamper will help.

Some tips I learned on my own:
- Just dab a little blob on the design you want. Doesn't have to be a whole lot, and scrape with moderate pressure in 90 degrees angle. Too gentle and you will leave streaks at the side, too hard and you'll scrape most of the polish off.
- If the stamper doesn't pick up designs well, scrape lightly with a nail file and dab gently with cotton ball soaked with nail polish remover. Press down gently but firmly on the plate design, straight down and lift straight up.
- Roll the design over on your nail, not stamp it on like a rubber stamp, in a slow, rocking motion.
- You can get rid of any smudges on the stamper around the design you picked up with a Q tip soaked in nail polish remover.
- Have everything set up in front of you for easy reach.
- Allow design to dry first before applying top coat, and only in three strokes - one down the middle, and two down the sides. If you do it over and over you'll get the design smudged. I think you can use any top coat for these. I use OPI Nail Envy with no problems.
- Clean stamper and scraper after each stamp. It increases your chances of success the next time around.
- Clean the plate with nail polish remover before each try, oils on our fingers can reduce the chances of getting the perfect impression.

Overall, it's really addictive and fun! And the looks you get from people asking if my nails were done in a salon are always priceless. They really do look professionally done.

As a side note, Konad sells a few sponge set kits and I think those are unnecessary. Just buy any old sponge and cut them up. It works just as well. :)

An A++++ product, do buy them and try!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ephoebe

I am amazed by this product. It's very easy to use and the designs are amazing! It can be a bit messy, but it's totally worth it!

At first I bought the stamper, the scraper and a couple of plates to try them. It works with regular polishes too but you need to scrub gently the stamper with a nail file first. Unfortunately, I don't think it works with white regular polishes, I've tried it many times, but the design cames out very fade, it's not easily noticable. I ordered the original konad white polish, so I'll give that a try in a few days and I'll update this review.

Overall, I think this is a very good product, very easy to use, and you can easily find discount coupons on the internet, so the price is good!

I totally recommend konad!