April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by abfabjack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation! I have tried soo many foundations from Clinique to Chanel. This is the only foundation that I've ever used that actually moisturizes and covers well without looking cakey or feeling heavy. The color match is perfect! Lasts a long time too if you mix it with a primer. I just set it with the Translucence pressed powder from Lancome and I look flawless! It's a little pricey but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I find that this foundation gives a relaxed, no fuss, natural finish. I don't like wearing heavy makeup so in that sense it is perfect for me. It provides a light finish but doesn't provide heavy duty cover for blemishes. My skin is usually fairly clear so I really use foundation as a way in which to even out my complexion which it does fabulously. I don't even need very much (maybe 3/4 of a pump each day).

I have it in #01 Beige Albatre which was the lightest shade available in Australia at the time I purchased it. I have never been the lightest shade before so this would not suit people with very fair skin as the range is too limited. Also, it is expensive here - AUD$80+ and it is hard to get the last bit of foundation out of the bottle. I feel like I waste a fair bit. I am making my way through my second bottle but given the cost & limited range of shades here I would probably look around at other brands before I committed to this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by mangochutney

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to buy the new Teint Idole Ultra 24hr 2 days ago and got persuaded into buying this. Ive always been a big fan of Estee Lauder Doublewear so other foundations have a lot to live up to. I was very disappointed in this product. Its very light and watery. Not very much coverage and left my skin feeling slightly sticky and almost "dirty"/greasy feeling. I personally prefer a much more "made up" look. This s probably alright for people who prefer a liquid, natural, dewy look. Plus it didnt last long at all, throughout the day.
Today I am going to return it and exchange it for the same colour in the new Teint Idole Ultra 24hr, which, from reading other online reviews, is similar or better(!) than Estee Lauder Double wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by hannahr20

I bought Lancome Photogenic Lumessence about 2 years ago & never repurchased it when it ran out so when I was in Boots last week & decided to give it ago again & I'm so glad I did..I love it! It doesn't give alot coverage but abit of concealer does the job. This foundation goes on my skin really nice, its silky & gives my skin a dewy look.
The packaging is really nice.. I love the glass bottle! It is a little bit on the pricey side at £29 but I don't mind paying for something that makes my skin look so nice!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by gal3to

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this foundation on 50 % discount. My skin is young without any problems so this is the perfect product for me! It is very very light but with a good coverage. I also use it as eyes concealer ( i have eyeshadows) and it is perfect. So invisible and covers everything perfectly!
I strongly recommend it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by HannahHeartsCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product did not really agree with me! I originally use Lacome's Teint Idole Foundation but I couldn't find it for about three days and I had this one handy so I used it and I found that with only three days of use I was a spotty machine!! And like I was using all my regular primers,powders etc so Im pretty certain it wasn't them! So the bad thing was that it broke me out! But it's sorta my fault cuz I have pretty darn oily skin and this foundation would not be the best for us oily ones! But for the plus side I did like that it makes you look sort of glowing!! Which is lovely and I like the bottle! So I would recommend this if you've combination to dry skin and like a quite a natural dewy finish! I hope this helped!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ep229

I have been using this for a few years now. My colour is Nr 3, and I love it doesnt bring any pinky undertones. It is easy to apply, covers well and moisturizes, packaging is good. I think it is ideal for winter months, when our skin is tortured by weather changes and all dry air in the buildings..
Everytime I decide to search for something new (Dior, Chanel, Clinique, Estee Laude, U name it), I still come back to it.
The only negative is I have to retouch on my Tzone at around midday.
Overall great product and especially for those with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by erynnia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only tried a few mid/high-end liquid foundations, one of the being Chante FS. I remember paying so freaking much money for it that I convinced myself it was HG.

Over time, though, I had to admit to myself that it felt pretty gross on my skin and didn't cover much at all.

I've always liked Lancome, but never tried their foundations for some reason; on a whim recently, I read some reviews and then picked up this foundation out of their various offerings.

I really can't believe I ever thought the FS was good. This stuff blends away the redness of my face, feels like NOTHING on, doesn't irritate my skin (certain foundations will cause immediate irritation), and stays put for my workday. And my skin just looks like skin, but better. Glowy. The FS made me look like I had on pore-enhancing paint.

Bottom line: Looks amazing, feels great (because you can't feel it!).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! It has such a beautiful finish. Very light an velvety. I am a bit of a foundation junkie and this was a pleasant surprise. I got the lightest colour. Out of all of my foundations I would say this has the best finish by far! Very skin like and light. I usually prefer a full coverage foundation, but this kind of blurs imperfections. I use two pumps to help give more coverage. This is my special foundation for evenings out or when I want to feel extra special. Paula gave it a bad rating because of low spf, which I dont agree with! This is a great foundation!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by novrain1

I feel that Lancome foundations are the best on the market by far. I was sold this by accident when asking for another Lancome foundation. I thought I would give it a try and have been using it for over a year now. The coverage is light enough to make it feel as though you are not wearing any makeup, but enough to cover imperfections and even out skin tone for a more natural look. It is not greasy, but can get greasy if you have oily skin/combination skin. It is not as good for oily skin as the LANCÔME
Teint Idole Ultra, which has a matte finish. Also I like the color Ivoire 2C because it is not too light like most of the OTC drugstore brands. I learned the best way to apply this is with a foundation brush. It also comes in a convenient pump bottle. The only down side is the cost $42.00 usually, but if you use the foundation brush the bottle should last approx. 3-4 months at 1 application per day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No