Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

on 2/26/2013 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I generally don`t like wearing makeup and when I do, I always look for products that look as natural as possible. I`m not gonna say i`ve tried a million different mascaras, and this one is the best, because i`ve probably only had about 7 different ( high end ) brands over the course of my lifetime. I`ve never liked mascara because every one i`ve used results in me looking like a raggedy ann doll. I just don't have the patience to try to separate every lash- if I have to spend more than 30 seconds applying mascara, it`s not even worth it to me.

At any rate, if you are impatient and or dexterously challenged, like me, this mascara is perfect, because it basically does the job for you. I think the secret is in the application brush, which is more like several staggered, fine toothed plastic combs, so the product is dispersed evenly and sparingly keeping each individual lash partitioned from each other. The consistency of this mascara is definitely different than others, as well- it is more of a silky gel than cake batter, if that makes sense. I buy this in chestnut brown #698 , a beautiful auburn color, and apply 2 quick coats for a very natural look that just makes each lash look thicker and defined and really opens up the eyes without it appearing that I am coating my lashes with black tar-like goop. Once I apply it, it generally stays put, and doesn`t even smear all over after I awake from a nap at the end of the day. It does come off fairly easily with an oil free makeup remover though. If i`d have found a mascara like this 20 years ago, it would have been a routine part of my morning repertoire. So to sum it up, this is pretty impressive stuff.

on 1/25/2013 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I must say I'm impressed with this mascara it holds a curl well and gives me that wide eyed iconic effect although I find it does take a while to build up to get the look I want.the price is absurd paid $38 ouch) which is more then I have paid for any mascara in my life I have used everything from loreal to ysl faux clis to estee lauder and I'm more pleased with this one then all the others just wish it wasint so expensive:( but its a dior and I guess you get what you pay for however will repurchase again:)

on 1/23/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara I bought it on a whim after the SA recommended it. and I fell in love. I have good lashes so i like mascaras the accentuate them and not add clump to them. This separated my lashes and did exactly what i wanted. I loved the wand. I cant always afford HE mascaras only every now and again I usually use a HG Ds mascara for everyday wear but If i had a special occasion and wanted a mascara this would be it. Don't get me wrong if I had the money I would wear this everyday its amazing

This is a good quality mascara that applies smoothly, doesn´t clump and feels natural. It can be layered for more impact and applied over a fiber base.. as for the curving effect.. hummm unless I use a lash curler and a heated curler my lashes flop.. but maybe it is my genes..

on 12/31/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This mascara works incredibly well with my eyelashes- which are medium long, quite curly, and fairly volumous on their own! This darkens and lengthens dramatically, and adds quite a nice amount of volume without being clumpy (IF YOU APPLY IT THE RIGHT WAY!). Overall I love it, I definitely find it worth the price.

on 12/27/2012 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

First off let me start my saying I never, ever ever pay this much for mascara but I thought I would try it since of all the good reviews. It does not disappoint! This mascara has become my HG of mascaras....yes it is that good! I have it in black and wear it daily.

Pros
make my lashes very long and kind of curled. I always get compliments on my long lashes when I wear it. You can definitely achieve a "fake lash look" with multiple applications if you so choose.

it lasts all day on me and doesn't smear or flake away.

Cons
Pricing. I think I paid around $32 USD which for me is a lot of money.

Half way through the tube the brush gets kind of clumpy so I have to be wipe it away otherwise it will apply clumpy.

Overall, I would definitely repurchase this mascara again. For me it has become a regular staple in my cosmetic arsenal.

on 11/28/2012 10:38:00 AM

This mascara looks fantastic when the bottle is fresh. The brush divides up my lashes and I can keep adding more and more coats until they look fake. It doesn't clump or flake either, and it is very black. It just doesn't last long at all! After a month I need a new bottle. I know that is the "recommended" life of a mascara anyways, but it's expensive :( I still continue to use it for quite a while it just doesn't look as good as it does when it's new. I will keep buying it though, because it looks the best from everything I've found even if it has the shortest life I have ever experienced.

on 11/3/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite mascaras! What makes it really great is the brush. I find that it captures every lash and doesn't clump as much as other mascaras (including diorshow). The formula is pretty good too. I've not had issues with flaking or anything like that. I find that if I am patient with application and comb it on repeatedly, I can get AMAZING results. When I apply it like this, I get complements on my lashes, with some people asking me if I'm wearing fake eyelashes. I always use eyemakeup remover to remove mascara, so I have not experienced any difficulties taking this off. This is my favorite mascara and in my opinion, better than diorshow.

on 10/13/2012 5:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this mascara. It is honestly the best I have ever used. i use it with the Dior lash primer and it makes my lashes look full, long and have a great curl. I don't think I will ever use another mascara again.

on 10/8/2012 5:58:00 PM

LOVE IT. Whether it's Iconic or Show, Dior mascaras all perform beautifully. The formula is rich, moisturizing to lashes and gives you definition. This is an item I will splurge on.