October 31, 2014 | 1503 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

Meh. This is nothing special. If you are a Lancôme fan, you will love it. If not, you will probably be underwhelmed.

It does go on smoothly and blurs the appearance of pores. However, it does not control oil well. Also, my skin develops small pimples after a couple of days of use. It does not contain sunscreen. I do like the pump packaging though.

For the price, there are several other primers that perform better. I will not repurchase .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, because I fell in love with the consistency when I tried it at the store. It really makes my face feel silky smooth, but sadly, that's all it does. It doesn't make my foundation stay on longer, which is why I really need a primer. And it doesn't help keep shine away form my face - I have a super oily t-zone, but the rest of my face is quite dry.

I will give this one more try though, now that my skin isn't as dehydrated and flaky as it was during the winter. Perhaps it'll perform better on healthier skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Nicoleexoxo21

This primer left white heads on my face.... The consistency is great but it is not worth it, especially for its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by nanpla

I bought this primer without really knowing what to expect. Whoa! Not only does it make my skin look silky smooth, it also makes my foundation last a lot longer. Of course, I always set it with No.7 Boots translucent powder. My skin is oily all over and if it wasn't for this primer, my foundation would melt in a couple of hours. Just one pump is enough for your whole face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

I really wanted to like this primer, but it left white heads on my face, clogged my pores and doesnt really help the stayin power of foudations.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used la base pro for 2 1/2years now and I can never find anything like it. I've tried them all! Drug store to all the department store brands and nothing will beat this stuff! One bottle will last over a year that's why I'm not complaining about the price. It makes my skin so silky and makes my foundation go on so smooth and last forever! I love lancome <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by calorumado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product and don't know why I don't use it on a regular basis. It makes my skin silky soft before I put on my foundation and helps my foundation last throughout the day.
Up front it is a bit pricey, but when you only need 2 squirts of it a day it will last a long, long time. I've had mine probably almost a year, it still works great with no complaints.
The packaging is great for portion control.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Janette4

Pros:
Does not take much to apply
Use less foundation
Keeps make up on longer
Very smooth finish
Oil-Free

Cons:
Honestly, none.

I REALLY love this product. I tried a sample and absolutely enjoyed it. I don't have any bad smells from the product. I also haven't noticed it give me more oily skin or clogged pores. I have been using it for almost a year and I save on foundation since it makes your skin so smooth. I was surprised it had lower reviews than I expected. I would say give it a try go get a sample and if you like it you like it, if you don't then there are many others for you. :) I would strongly recommend it even for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora a long time ago and remember loving it! So I recently bought a bottle with lancome's gwp. It feels so light and the texture is so smooth on the skin, different from the feel of most primers I've tried. Never feels thick or mask-like, but delivers very well. Try it for yourself. This is definitely a favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mikaylawong

I received a small bottle of this primer when I bought a Lancome gift box. Up until recently, I used Smashbox's Hydrating Photo Finish primer (the blue one), but will not go back. Lancome's primer I found to be a surprising texture when I first used it; it sort of disappears onto your skin where as Smashbox's is much more liquid. My tinted moisturizer looks flawless with this primer, and definitely stays on all day. I love this product, even for the price! Will most likely buy again.