Estee Lauder Sumptuous

Water, Stearic Acid, Carnauba Wax, Polyisobutene, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Isostearic Acid, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olive Oil, Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Pantethine, Polyamide 6, Kaolin, Capryl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hexylene Glycol, Simethicone, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Iron Oxide, Manganese Violet, Chromium Oxide Green, Titanium Dioxide, Prussian Blue, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl Acetate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, VP / Eicosene Copolymer, Panthenol.

This is my favorite mascara! I received it last year for Christmas and have been hooked on it ever since. It makes my lashes look way longer than any other formula I've tried!!! I have never had a problem with clumps either. the brush is great at separating your lashes. With other mascaras i usually do 2 coats but only 1 is necessary with this product. It lasts all day but comes off easily with a regular cleanser or eye makeup remover. The only downside is the price :(

Wonderful product especially for long lashes. Beats anything I've tried to date. If you use the waterproof you NEED a lash primer and gentle eye makeup remover because that stuff is no joke but for the regular formula it's a breeze to take off. LOVE IT! Only downside is the price ($26 :/)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Wow, this brush is really big. It's like a big round hairbrush for your eye lashes.
Tried it, didn't like it, returning it to Sephora. So far, I'm enjoying Jordana's Best Lash Extreme Volume most of all

Worst mascara ever!!!!! I had the worst clumps and made my lashes look like spiders!!! Will throw away!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Aaa. This bring back memories. My mum bought me a set of the brand makeup in my first years of learning how to do makeup. The mascara came with the set. I don't remember much about how I looked but the smears/smudge on the hot days of summer. Yeah.

I am incredibly picky about mascaras, and I have bought/used this one over and over. It works very well on my long but sparse lashes, making them look long and full. I can use multiple coats and get good results, without a great deal of clumping.

I prefer a dry mascara and this one is not exactly dry, but it's not runny and thin, either. It's just right (for me at least).

I've also tried the Sumptuous Extreme, which I hate. The original is best.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

EL seems to have changed the formula in this mascara, as this was my holy grail for a while. Not so now. Some reviewers note using a primer -- don't have time for those extra steps in the morning. Will continue to search for a good mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received two of these tubes as a gift in a package. EL's Sumptuous Mascara is an excellent product for my short, blonde lashes that can hardly be seen without any mascara applied.
They lasted quite some time and didn't dry out for awhile. The tubes however were so full of black gobby mascara I actually had to wipe the excess off each time I pulled the wand out against it each time very carefully or I would have a lot of excess mascara on my eyes.Then again, the tubes lasted forever.
The mascara darkens my lashes well. I did have to apply quite a few coats. I have to because my lashes can't be seen otherwise. The wand lets me apply as many applications as I want without any clumping at all, but that's because I do wipe the excess off first. When I say I apply many coats, I don't even count how many. I first apply two coats, then I use a curler, then I apply the rest of my applications. I don't find that this mascara weighs my lashes down at all. They keep their curl and they are also lengthened beautifully. For my bottom lashes, I use my E.L.F. Mascara Shadow Shield and I can coat them with a few more layers and they're longer than usual. I did have some flaking, just bits, and I see that towards the end of the day, but I have that with any mascara that isn't considered waterproof, etc., so it's not a concern for me.
Removal is very easy. I've used my regular cleanser or oil cleansing method and both have worked well to remove this mascara easily. No breakage at all of lashes.
This is a mascara that makes my lashes look dark, lengthens my lashes with many coats, is very easy to apply in however many layers I want with ease, doesn't clump at all as long as I take care with application, flakes mildly, doesn't smudge easily, is easy to remove, has an easy wand to handle, is long-lasting, doesn't dry out, looks very natural and is not that expensive when I factor in all the pros. For me, it's used as my mascara day or night. If I want a more glamorous look , I can just coat my lashes more and add more effects with another mascara that either has another color or one that might have a volumizing effect. But this one has been my base mascara and good to go mascara alone all by itself. As another MUA'er has said, at the expense of little critters, it's not worth it to me to purchase. Hopefully, EL will stop the testing on animals. But since I went through two tubes as gifts, I felt it fair to give a decent and fair review.

I'm actually impressed. I have like 10 lashes on each eye (not really but it seems like that) and this mascara really did make a difference. Nice volume, good length, no clumping, smearing or flaking. I've been on the hunt for a really good mascara since Max Factors 2000 calorie was nixed in the USA so its been a few years and many tubes of really crappy mascaras I've had to endure. I actually said the word "wow" out-load to my mirror first time I used this. I'm not happy its $22 bucks a tube and Estee Lauder tests on animals. My hunt will continue for a better priced mascara that doesn't involve furry critters. But when I gotta look good, this will be my go to tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Got this as a gift and it was great! Added good volume and length to lashes and does not clump.

Popular Mascaras