July 22, 2014 | 1899 users online

Cleansers - Ole Henriksen - African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I personally really liked everything about this product, except for the price, lol. I wear makeup and it removes it thoroughly; I love the pump dispenser, the scent is lovely and the foam remains foamy. I have oily skin so I wasn't affected by the drying sensation some felt. I originally got the travel sized version which lasted 2.5 months! Amazing such a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This feels very luxurious when applied to your face. The foam is soft and has a nice citrus scent. I use this in the mornings, not in the evenings because I prefer something more creamy to remove my makeup. It's VERY expensive in Sweden so I purchase it in whenever I'm in London where they have Ole Henriksens's products at Harvey Nics.

This is worth 4 lippies because it's gentle, nice scent and doesn't leave my face feeling tight. Very expensive....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by wblassingame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing special about this product other than the pump is nice. Makes my skin very dry and tight yet it states it is for all skin types. Will not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep this cleanser in the shower and use it to remove my makeup at the end of the day before using my 'proper' cleanser / toner . I wear a lot of makeup so this is my pre-face wash ;p

The smell is very fruity and invigorating. It does have a tendency to dry my skin out a bit so I am careful to not have it on my face for too long.

I consider it to be a very average-quality cleanser and there are probably drugstore brands like St Ives whihc would work just as well. My pump also tends to clog which makes dispensing of the liquid rather cumbersome.

Again, after using this I will not be repurchasing. The only product from Ole Henriksen that I have repurchased and like to use is the walnut complexion scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mainly use OH products and like the red tea collection alot. Yes, it's very cleansing and it also lasts a long time. But halfway through, the pump stopped working right. It stays down and I have to pull it to come up so I can dispense some cleanser...then have to do it again, juggling some of the foam in my hand, to get enough to wash with. I've kept the pump clean but it just gave out. And there's no way to open the container and use the liquid minus the foaming (and don't know how good that would be even if I could). So as much as I like this product - and it's one of my favorite OH cleansers - I won't buy again.
UPDATE: Trying to use the last 1/4 became a war between the pump and me. The mechanism became totally unworkable. I was so frustrated since I wasn't going to toss out so much product. I ended up using it only occasionally and finally ran low enough last week to feel good enough to throw out. I'm not pump-adverse but would have to read lots of MUA reviews mentioning a fixed product before I'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this cleanser a 3.5... very moisturizing, really not harsh and irritating in the least bit, good ingredients.

The packaging is freaking amazing! You know how pumps usually dispense too much product or too little, all in the pursuit of making you use more so you have to buy more... this one doesn't do that at all! It really does dispense the perfect amount each time! 1 pump is enough for bare face, 2 if wearing makeup. I also watch the part that pushes down on the liquid to create foam and I have no idea how it works so well. It sucks up the SMALLEST amount possible yet a good amount of foam results. My small 1.5oz sample lasted for MONTHS, I was like, "Is the product even going down!?" and I am convinced the packaging responsible for that. So 5 for the packaging. I usually don't care at all about packaging but this goes above and beyond.

However... the actual product nice but way too expensive. It has all these good botanical extracts and oils, but what purpose do they really serve? You rinse them off your face, including them just bumps the price up. I also think while it's super gentle, it won't actually improve skin texture or anything. It just seems a too gentle for that. Smell I don't care about, it smells botanical and is unoffensive. If you get it in your eye or anywhere near it, it has a bit more sting than most cleansers.

If you see the sample for sale, get it just for the pump and for a gentle cleanser that will last a long time. I won't purchase it but if they made a more intense version I might.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by indigosquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This says it's suitable for even the most sensitive skins but unfortunately after using it only once I broke out in lots of tiny red itchy bumps all over my face. I really wanted to like this as it's packed full of beneficial ingredients and smells gorgeous but it's just not very gentle. Back to Ren cleansers for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by grespinosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I normally prefer inexpensive cleansers, a severe bout of skin sensitivity (to the point where my face was red and oozing) led me in desperation to the Sephora store, where a kind sales associate recommended this product. I've used it for three weeks now, and absolutely love it. I also have extremely oily skin, but this still cleans beautifully and WITHOUT irritating my sensitive skin whatsoever, probably due to the many natural oils it contains. This product kept me from an even costlier trip to a dermatologist, so I would definitely recommend it. I only wish it were less expensive, I've never paid so much for a cleanser in my life and I am going to have to keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 4:08:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was surprised by this product. I was not surprised at how wonderful my skin feels and looks after using it, nor about the fabulous ingredients. The thing that blew me away was the discovery that I finally found a foaming cleanser that works fantastic with my Clarisonic. I was reluctant to try this out (despite working in a store that carries the brand), especially since the Clarisonic rep I was trained by told me that foaming cleansers weren't the best cleansers to use, since they usually contain ingredients that strip the skin anyways. But I ended up with anyways, and started by using with my fingertips. Well, I immediately fell in love with the scent, the results and the feel. It was so moisturizing! I figured I'd give it a try with my Clarisonic, and not only did it work wonders, it even seemed to leave my brush head cleaner and softer! Now I use one foaming pump on my Clarisonic and it leaves my skin so radiant! I am also super sensitive and there have been no irritations or breakouts. I'm not sure if I'll keep using it in the spring/summer months since my skin gets a bit oilier, but for fall/winter, I believe I've just found my HG. Totally recommended!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by dinkyks

I really love this cleanser, I like how it stays foamy and it seems to clean my skin well but gently.

It is expensive but I use it once a day and it's lasted for nearly a year, will definitly buy again.