October 20, 2014 | 1307 users online

Cleansers - Ole Henriksen - African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this cleanser for about six months, coupled in with a L'Oreal cleanser. Well, the L'Oreal cleanser is out the window now - I'm pretty convinced this stuff is infinitely better.

First, the smell. I think I would buy it for the smell alone. Love it. Secondly, the little pump action... that bit is great, but after awhile, it does tend to get a little bit clogged up and will also need air. The sides of my bottle get sucked in after a few days and unscrewing the cap and allowing air back in is a necessity. Not such a big deal and it certainly won't stop me from repurchasing, but it is a flaw in the design. With that said, it's easy to use every last drop of the product due to the length of the little straw that sucks up the liquid and makes foam out of it. Nothing is more irksome than having some expensive product remaining that you can't get at!

Most importantly, though, the cleaning properties of this foam are most excellent. I was skeptical, I'll admit, thinking it wasn't heavy duty enough to cleanse makeup thoroughly. To my eternal shock, however, it's better at removing makeup (including eyeliner and mascara) than *any* other facial cleanser I've ever used. (I'm lazy and hate using makeup removing towelettes, so...) It leaves my perpetually annoying combination skin feeling hydrated enough without being too dry in the already-dry areas or too oily in the too-oily areas. Impressed.

It's good stuff... and when I consider the cost of my old face wash vs this one, this one lasts longer, smells better and appears to do a better job... not a difficult decision!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Sinnamon_1

The A.R.T Serum is what made me curious about this collection when I got a 1.5 oz sample of it in a Sephora order. I liked it so much, I ordered the full size on the Ole Henriksen website to get the cleanser (and free shipping that week). lol. OMG, it is DREAMY! I LOVE the orange creamsicle smell of this..same as the serum. I do notice it leaving my skin feeling tight for awhile, but ladies..how else do you expect your pores to shrink? lol. :-) That should be reassuring that the product is working. If it's really bad though, I would recommend following up with a moisturizer. I use the ART serum afterwards, & there's a marked difference in the texture, tone, & overall clarity in my skin. If you're a skincare fanatic like I am, OH products are worth the investment. There are products for every skin care concern, so there's something for everyone in this line.. & they work!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I bought a travel size for our last trip for both my husband and I. This cleanser smells amazing. Even my husband loves it and now he wants one for himself. It's a foam cleanser so you don't really need a whole lot. It cleanses well. My makeup was washed off no problem. The smell alone gets 5 lippies...LOL. The price is not so bad. Definitely will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser smells wonderful, kind of sweet. However, the foam was too thin for me to use it with my Clarisonic. It cleanses nicely, and I think it would be ideal for sensitive skin that doesn't usually get oily or break out. It didn't overdry my skin which was nice, and I would recommend it for normal skin types

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I was previously using Peter Thomas Roth's foam cleaser and this is similar but better. I use 2 pumps, which is a generous amount for my whole face, and it foams up really nicely and the texture becomes luxuriously creamy. The citrus scent is so lovely I look forward to using it. It rinses off easily and leaves the skin feeling clean but very comfortable, not tight at all. The packaging is nice and sturdy and it has a pump dispenser. It's everything I want in a cleanser, and has some great ingredients as well.

EDIT: This cleanser stripped the moisture from my skin and made it itchy and feel like sandpaper. I switched back to my old Peter Thomas Roth cleanser and my skin is slowly returning to normal. A real shame, because I really loved the smell and consistency of this cleanser, but it's obviously far too drying for me so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I personally really liked everything about this product, except for the price, lol. I wear makeup and it removes it thoroughly; I love the pump dispenser, the scent is lovely and the foam remains foamy. I have oily skin so I wasn't affected by the drying sensation some felt. I originally got the travel sized version which lasted 2.5 months! Amazing such a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This feels very luxurious when applied to your face. The foam is soft and has a nice citrus scent. I use this in the mornings, not in the evenings because I prefer something more creamy to remove my makeup. It's VERY expensive in Sweden so I purchase it in whenever I'm in London where they have Ole Henriksens's products at Harvey Nics.

This is worth 4 lippies because it's gentle, nice scent and doesn't leave my face feeling tight. Very expensive....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by wblassingame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing special about this product other than the pump is nice. Makes my skin very dry and tight yet it states it is for all skin types. Will not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep this cleanser in the shower and use it to remove my makeup at the end of the day before using my 'proper' cleanser / toner . I wear a lot of makeup so this is my pre-face wash ;p

The smell is very fruity and invigorating. It does have a tendency to dry my skin out a bit so I am careful to not have it on my face for too long.

I consider it to be a very average-quality cleanser and there are probably drugstore brands like St Ives whihc would work just as well. My pump also tends to clog which makes dispensing of the liquid rather cumbersome.

Again, after using this I will not be repurchasing. The only product from Ole Henriksen that I have repurchased and like to use is the walnut complexion scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mainly use OH products and like the red tea collection alot. Yes, it's very cleansing and it also lasts a long time. But halfway through, the pump stopped working right. It stays down and I have to pull it to come up so I can dispense some cleanser...then have to do it again, juggling some of the foam in my hand, to get enough to wash with. I've kept the pump clean but it just gave out. And there's no way to open the container and use the liquid minus the foaming (and don't know how good that would be even if I could). So as much as I like this product - and it's one of my favorite OH cleansers - I won't buy again.
UPDATE: Trying to use the last 1/4 became a war between the pump and me. The mechanism became totally unworkable. I was so frustrated since I wasn't going to toss out so much product. I ended up using it only occasionally and finally ran low enough last week to feel good enough to throw out. I'm not pump-adverse but would have to read lots of MUA reviews mentioning a fixed product before I'd repurchase.