November 26, 2014 | 930 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Great tinted moisturizer! I mix it with a bit of Korres primer and it applies smoothly. I love how it makes my skin feel, and with a bit of primer mixed in, the coverage is just enough to even things out without looking fake. And I love any facial product with sunscreen in it!

My only complaint was the that Light shade was too dark for me, but I've ordered a tube in Fair and I'll save the Light for summer. Or if Fair turns out too light for me, I'll mix the two shades together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I never used to like tinted moisturizers because until recently I've had pretty problematic skin -- combination with a few breakouts a month. Due to blemishes and slight scarring, I always preferred high coverage foundations. In the past few months, though, I've found the best skincare routine for my face and since my skin is significantly clearer, I began trying out more tinted moisturizers. I had high hopes for this one, but I really just don't like it. Thankfully, this was a gift, because I'd be kicking myself if I purchased this for $30.
I liked that it had SPF, and applying this feels really nice. It glides on smoothly and evenly and makes my face super soft, just like a moisturizer. But that's my whole issue with this...it's pretty much nothing but a moisturizer. This gives absolutely no coverage. I wasn't expecting much, but a tinted moisturizer should have SOME color to it. Once it set, it still gave no coverage, but it did give my face a nice, dewy glow. Unfortunately, I had to cover up that glow with some powder to make my face look more finished. I've tried applying more of this, applying it in layers, but it just never shows up. I couldn't tell you if this lasted all day, because there's no color to go by, but this didn't irritate my skin at all.
I know a lot of people that will wear nothing but face primer on their minimal makeup days. I don't personally do this, but it makes your face smoother and gives a decent glow. That's basically what this product does. So why pay $30 when you can just wear a primer you already have out for the same effect?
I've tried and tried to make this work, but it just doesn't. I think one positive is that the shades would be very forgiving, since there's really no color. I guess I'll wear this on days when I feel like playing with my makeup but I'm not actually going anywhere because I hate to waste this. There are much better tinted moisturizers out there that don't cost nearly as much as this. Don't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by malilauren93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this as a sample and I dont think I will be buying the full sized product. It doesnt give me as much coverage as I would like and it smells a little bit weird to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by oceanmythos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After swearing off any kind of liquid coverage due to it always looking cakey and gross on my dry skin, I finally tried this tinted moisturizer after reading so many positive reviews. The verdict? Holy relief, Batman! What a wonderful product! The first coverage product I've tried in years that doesn't make my face look worse! I place a dollop on a bamboo blush brush and sweep it across my skin with minimal effort (a little goes a long way!). It works great for me even in the summer due to how dry my skin is, lasts all day, and never feels greasy or heavy.

The only negative thing I have to say about it: the shades tend to run a bit on the orange side. I have olive skin and thought I needed the Light shade, but had to end up exchanging it for Fair. But now that I know what shade to use, I'll definitely be buying this again. Great job, Smashbox!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by bribri123

This is a wonderful TM!!! I think this will work great for all skin types just beware if u have oily skin like me you will have to set it and touch up if u want a matte or semi matte look. One of my favorite things about this product is the finish its the perfect glow that I have always searched for. Perfect for everyday and another plus side it doesn't break out my skin which is super sensitive especially to silicones ! Def HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG for me. As a tinted moisturizer it's a solid '5'.

Very light coverage that still seems to even out my skintone. You can still see my acne scars and a bit of discoloration, but everything is softened just enough that I feel better for having it on.

Does not accentuate fine lines/wrinkles/dry spots/zits.

Have Fair, Light and Medium. Light is good for most of the year ... and I mix a bit of one of the others for lighter or darker shades.

Gives a glowy but not sparkly look.

Enough moisture for the daytime for me. I think of it as my daytime moisturizer that gives me a no-makeup but better look.

The spf15 is nice ... but I don't think I use enough to rely on that spf. So for summer, an spf30 or higher applied before is necessary. Then the TM doesn't go on quite as nice.

Going to try Smashbox BB creme spf30

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this TM. It's thicker and creamier than other TMs I've tried, but it also provides a lot more coverage. It's not too dewey and it looks great when set with powder. Since I have oily skin, I would not wear this in the summer as I can tell this would completely slip right off my face, but I would definitely give it a go in the winter when my skin tends to be drier. The colors run dark. I'm an NC45 in MAC and I usually wear a med-dark to dark shade in most brands, but in this I am a straight up medium, which is weird, haha.

Overall, it's nice, just not for spring and summer, at least for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I decided to re-write my review of this since I have now been using it for two years. I am on my third bottle of it. This is my HG product. I use it alone and with powder depending on my skin. I recently took a break and was using a Korean BB cream instead. I started breaking out a bit, but figured it was just due to hormones or the change in weather. I still had a fair bit of this left, so put it on instead of the BB cream a few days ago. My skin cleared up overnight and became more dewy. My skin was becoming dry and flaky. This is so soothing. I have oily, acne prone skin and this is the best thing I have ever put on my face! It is important to give the bottle a shake before you put it on. I then put Korrres MMU or Halo on top. Is my skin flawless? No! But it looks pretty darn good! This gives a subtle healthy glow. Great product. I hope they never discontinue it! A few months ago, I had a make over done. I had an allergic reaction to the cleanser and the SA put this on to sooth my skin. It calmed right away. I really love Smashbox. You can use this without a primer. It is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by gabbygirl01

I am continuing to search for a tinted moisturizer that won't break me out.I barely had this on for a half day till I started getting major clogged pores on my chin. So disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by hybridlola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite tinted moisturiser, and I have already repurchased it once. I have tried multiple tinted moisturisers including Laura Mercier, Stila, and MAC, but this one stands out as #1.

I wear Fair during the winter, and it matches my NC20-25 skin very well. It is yellow-toned and literally disappears when I apply it. It evens out my skin while looking like I am not wearing anything. I find it conceals minor redness very well and feels and looks like perfect bare skin. I consider the finish satin - it makes my skin glow but does not make my skin oily when set with powder. I would suggest this product for normal/combination and dry skin types. Those with oily skin may want to sample this before purchasing.

My only hesitation on this product is the packaging, but it would not stop me from repurchasing this a third time. The tube partially separated from the cap on my first tube. This was not a problem when I kept the product at home, but it meant I was unable to travel with it. I was in the drugstore today and noticed that the same thing had happened to one of the testers. My second tube has not had this problem, and I have travelled with it a few times.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product for someone looking for light-medium coverage with a natural finish.