Dior DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

3.5

on 11/24/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty picky about my mascara. This one did not measure up to my mascara standards. It wasn't horrible though of course. Like another reviewer mentioned, it didn't flake... Who knows though in a few weeks it might. It's expensive. It does add color, texture and volume but in my opinion not much more impressive than any other brand, including low-priced.

on 11/1/2011 9:56:00 PM

I'm always on the lookout for mascara that doesn't flake or smudge, well I think I've found it in Dior Blackout Mascara. I put it on early in the morning, and it stays till I take it off at night. There's no smudging or running. I makes your lashes appear longer with one coat. The brush is a tad to big, but I'll deal with it. I usally use a drugstore mascara ( covergirl or maybelline ), but I'll repurchase the Dior.

on 10/18/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is my holy grail mascara. Super-black, soft, feathery lashes and no smudges. Amazing. A light hand creates a pretty daytime look, a heavy hand creates runway drama. I love it and will re-purchase forever!

on 10/5/2011 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Decided to buy a high-end mascara for the first time thinking I'd finally get one that doesn't smear. Asked for recommendation at Sephora - only criteria was the it would not smear (I am Asian so I have problems with transfer onto upper lid)...This product ruins every eye shadow look because it smears right away onto my lid. Also seems to get eyeshadow stuck to it so I end up with powdery-looking lashes. Hate the fat brush. Always have to wipe gooey product off the tip of the brush before applying. Would never buy this product again, and will stick with drugstore brands in the future.

Not waterproof. I liked that this mascara is very black and gives me length and volume. I describe it as a step above natural looking and didn't clump. However, it gave me awful raccoon eyes everytime I wore it. Really disappointing since it was expensive and even drugstore waterproof mascaras are run and smudgeproof.

on 7/15/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

after hearing all the amazing reviews i had higher expectations of this mascara. sure it gave a nice black oomph to my lashes but not much better to previous mascaras i've used.

on 4/13/2011 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

By far one of the best mascaras i have used!
No clumping, great volume, great length!

I had also purchased the Dior Extase mascara, but it didn't do it for me.

This mascara is also a cult favorite, so many people purhase it, exactly because its amazing!

Also, i would recommend using an eyelash curler before the mascara for even better results!

on 3/31/2011 11:05:00 AM

I kinda have teary eyes, so I prefer to use a waterproof mascara. Before this mascara I used Clinique Lash Power Mascara, but I stopped using it because it was flaking too much. Then someone at Douglas (I'm from Holland) adviced me to use this Mascara. She told me that it wouldn't smudge, but it actually does after a few hours.
I do like the fact that it gives my lashes volume and length and that the mascara holds the curl! It's just amazing! If this mascara didn't smudge then this would be the perfect mascara for me!

on 3/30/2011 4:32:00 PM

Not the best and not the worst. Just curl and brush one coat and the result is just a natural look. I use it everyday and people comment on how beautiful my eyes are and not how beautiful my makeup is.

HG Mascara! Makes super black, super thick and super long lashes. Aside from creating the sexiest most buxom lashes ever, it does not budge, smudge or wear off at all. The proof: it has passed the ultimate test, Bikram yoga. If this mascara can last an entire day of work and then totally survive a full bikram yoga class (90min of pouring sweat) then there's nothing else to say - PERFECTION! Will buy again and again. And you should too.