November 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail mascara. Super-black, soft, feathery lashes and no smudges. Amazing. A light hand creates a pretty daytime look, a heavy hand creates runway drama. I love it and will re-purchase forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by benzeeene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Decided to buy a high-end mascara for the first time thinking I'd finally get one that doesn't smear. Asked for recommendation at Sephora - only criteria was the it would not smear (I am Asian so I have problems with transfer onto upper lid)...This product ruins every eye shadow look because it smears right away onto my lid. Also seems to get eyeshadow stuck to it so I end up with powdery-looking lashes. Hate the fat brush. Always have to wipe gooey product off the tip of the brush before applying. Would never buy this product again, and will stick with drugstore brands in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not waterproof. I liked that this mascara is very black and gives me length and volume. I describe it as a step above natural looking and didn't clump. However, it gave me awful raccoon eyes everytime I wore it. Really disappointing since it was expensive and even drugstore waterproof mascaras are run and smudgeproof.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

after hearing all the amazing reviews i had higher expectations of this mascara. sure it gave a nice black oomph to my lashes but not much better to previous mascaras i've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far one of the best mascaras i have used!
No clumping, great volume, great length!

I had also purchased the Dior Extase mascara, but it didn't do it for me.

This mascara is also a cult favorite, so many people purhase it, exactly because its amazing!

Also, i would recommend using an eyelash curler before the mascara for even better results!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by aikohv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I kinda have teary eyes, so I prefer to use a waterproof mascara. Before this mascara I used Clinique Lash Power Mascara, but I stopped using it because it was flaking too much. Then someone at Douglas (I'm from Holland) adviced me to use this Mascara. She told me that it wouldn't smudge, but it actually does after a few hours.
I do like the fact that it gives my lashes volume and length and that the mascara holds the curl! It's just amazing! If this mascara didn't smudge then this would be the perfect mascara for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by nana7788

Not the best and not the worst. Just curl and brush one coat and the result is just a natural look. I use it everyday and people comment on how beautiful my eyes are and not how beautiful my makeup is.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG Mascara! Makes super black, super thick and super long lashes. Aside from creating the sexiest most buxom lashes ever, it does not budge, smudge or wear off at all. The proof: it has passed the ultimate test, Bikram yoga. If this mascara can last an entire day of work and then totally survive a full bikram yoga class (90min of pouring sweat) then there's nothing else to say - PERFECTION! Will buy again and again. And you should too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Ravywedding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, mascara is my guilty pleasure and this is the best! However, you can definitely find cheaper alternatives that have a similar result. It's just that you can never go wrong with the Dior Show line. It smells great and even when the bottle is running out, the last little bit will carry you far. Still, its so expensive I can't justify it as my every-day mascara, just the special occasions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by normaestrada19

Due to my oily, greasy skin I have to use waterproof mascara so that I don't look like a raccoon/panda hybrid. Up until now I have been riding the glory that is Blinc mascara, BUT I have realized that my lashes had zero volume to them. So I love that Blinc gave me no issues with smudging but the trade off seems to be no volume. What the heck? I mean that seems to be too big of a trade off for me. I naturally have long, volume packed lashes so it kinda upset me how anorexic Blinc mascara would make them look. Enter Dior Show BlackOut waterproof mascara and viola I got my luscious, long, volume packed lashes back!!! It is true the mascara tends to dry out in the tube and when applied it goes on kinda dry and yet it stays moist while on. Kinda weird it does that but it does and I have no issues since it gives me such a wonderful, dramatic all day wear look. So yeah, if you are into the natural look I would look else wear cuz I have been accused of wearing falsies with this mascara. Unlike my top lashes, my bottom lashes are very sparse and still this mascara makes them look lush AND without a single smudge. Happy girl I am :)