Dior DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

3.5

on 1/3/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product, and it's become my HG which says a lot, since I'm really picky about mascara. I have thin, light, long and very straight lashes, and BlackOut provides great volume makes them beautiful black color with only one coat. I'm a mascara junkie, and this is the only one that truly makes my lashes stand out. The formula, and brush, are a bit tricky to use at first especially the first few weeks. This mascara is definitely better after it dries out a bit. I also tend to wipe off the brush a bit before I use it. The reasons I give this 4 lippies is because it's such a pain to get off! the only remover that seems to work is Neutrogena, which is a pain for me since I now live in Germany, where it isn't available, I have to stock up in the states. The other reason, is that it isn't completely waterproof, and can smudge, but this seems to only happen to me in high temperatures. Despite those two issues, this is a fabulous mascara, and I will be repurchasing.

on 12/14/2011 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Bought this at Sephora, and perhaps it was already stale or something, but it went on very clumpy and everytime I take the brush out, the bristles are all stuck together in a clump. The brush is horrible and never puts the product successfully onto my lashes.
I've had better luck using this product with other lash brushes.
The color is spectacular, and it adds SO much drama and beauty to your lashes compared with most black mascaras. It always looks flaky, I would say that it was old and dried out, but this is how it has been since I first bought it. However, it gives your eyes such a deep, sultry look. I love how it gives my FAVORITE lash look ( the look that some ppl who have naturally thick lashes have, where it seems like they might have eye liner on). But it makes the individual lashes look so gross and flaky fake.

on 12/8/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has become my HG mascara. I've tried so many brands and formulations that I just about gave up on finding the perfect one until I tried this. I have thin eyelashes that don't hold a curl, but these really add volume and hold to my lashes. Love the blackest black pigmentation, and it really doesn't smear. I have normal-oily lids which can cause most products to smear after 6 hours or so, but this stays where it's put. I love this more than Diorshow and Definicils, both of those were too "wet" and this may sound odd, but the perfume they add to those products are so strong that they can lead to my eyes watering. Blackout is great from first use and doesn't irritate my eyes. Only drawback, which is really minor to me, is that the staying power is so strong that I need to use those makeup remover wipes to take this off.

on 11/24/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty picky about my mascara. This one did not measure up to my mascara standards. It wasn't horrible though of course. Like another reviewer mentioned, it didn't flake... Who knows though in a few weeks it might. It's expensive. It does add color, texture and volume but in my opinion not much more impressive than any other brand, including low-priced.

on 11/1/2011 9:56:00 PM

I'm always on the lookout for mascara that doesn't flake or smudge, well I think I've found it in Dior Blackout Mascara. I put it on early in the morning, and it stays till I take it off at night. There's no smudging or running. I makes your lashes appear longer with one coat. The brush is a tad to big, but I'll deal with it. I usally use a drugstore mascara ( covergirl or maybelline ), but I'll repurchase the Dior.

on 10/18/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is my holy grail mascara. Super-black, soft, feathery lashes and no smudges. Amazing. A light hand creates a pretty daytime look, a heavy hand creates runway drama. I love it and will re-purchase forever!

on 10/5/2011 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Decided to buy a high-end mascara for the first time thinking I'd finally get one that doesn't smear. Asked for recommendation at Sephora - only criteria was the it would not smear (I am Asian so I have problems with transfer onto upper lid)...This product ruins every eye shadow look because it smears right away onto my lid. Also seems to get eyeshadow stuck to it so I end up with powdery-looking lashes. Hate the fat brush. Always have to wipe gooey product off the tip of the brush before applying. Would never buy this product again, and will stick with drugstore brands in the future.

Not waterproof. I liked that this mascara is very black and gives me length and volume. I describe it as a step above natural looking and didn't clump. However, it gave me awful raccoon eyes everytime I wore it. Really disappointing since it was expensive and even drugstore waterproof mascaras are run and smudgeproof.

on 7/15/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

after hearing all the amazing reviews i had higher expectations of this mascara. sure it gave a nice black oomph to my lashes but not much better to previous mascaras i've used.

on 4/13/2011 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

By far one of the best mascaras i have used!
No clumping, great volume, great length!

I had also purchased the Dior Extase mascara, but it didn't do it for me.

This mascara is also a cult favorite, so many people purhase it, exactly because its amazing!

Also, i would recommend using an eyelash curler before the mascara for even better results!