October 22, 2014 | 1101 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose - Black Carat

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by PMC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WAY overpriced for what you get. The quality is quite good, makes lashes look nice, but it is not 4 times better than my usual fallback: Cover Girl. I wish it only cost $7. But for what they charge? No way. Thank heaven I had a free sample.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by kellcaat

This mascara was recommended to me from a friend who liked it so I thought why not and purchased it. It's quite average for a higher-end mascara and I actually prefer my Covergirl Lash Blast one. I like the shape of the brush and the packaging but overall, its not THAT great.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jukejewels

This mascara sucks! It's supposed to lengthen, thicken, and hold curls but it doesn't! For $31, I could buy a drugstore mascara for 1/3 of the price and it could work just a well or even better! I should've just stuck with hypnose or diorshow!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by xsoph

nooooooo, this is one of the worst mascaras i've ever tried. it doesn't do anything; gives it a little volume, gives it a little length, but 5mins later it will deflate and just be gump on your lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by kareneap

Looks great in your handbag, but that is the probably the only compliment I can give this mascara. Did nothing for my lashes and wouldn't hold curl after I had curled them. Way too expensive for a product that doesn't do as promised. I wouldn't recommend this at all and would much prefer a drug store mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by EW

Agree with some previous reviews. This mascara is a bit dry. No dramatic effect (volume or length). Does give my lashes some curl, but I still recommend using lash curler before applying it. Good thing is no clumping or flake or grouping (but remember to apply additional coat when the previous coat is still wet. I tried to apply additional coat after previous coat was almost dry and there was a bit clumping. So finish layering coats of mascara for one eye before doing another). If you are looking for a natural look, this is the one. If you wanna get a dramatic look, forget about it. I'd rather spend 1/4 price for Max Factor calorie 2000.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by amyaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hardly ever buy the same mascara twice in a row as I am yet to find one that has absolutely wowed me. I decided to go for a Lancome one as they seem to have a good reputation for their mascaras but after trying the Virtuose I am so disappointed. I chose this one as I like the shape of the brush, it's the type that I tend to go for. The first time I used it I was a little disappointed, it didn't give me the wow factor that I was looking for and I thought seemed a little dry. After a WEEK the mascara was almost unusable. It was so dry it hardly worked at all, it has completely put me off buying another Lancome mascara again. I had an old MAC mascara that I found at the bottom of my make up bag (it must have been 6 months+ old) and it was more use than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by donna01010

Very difficult to remove. Bits and particles came off little at a time. I had to scrub to get it completely off. I used eye makeup remover but, it did not help. I am returning today. The curved brush was great. Formula was average. Rimmell curved brush would work just as well and it removes easily. This should be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by emgurl

I love this mascara. It is very simular to hypnose drama. I really do love the lancome mascaras with the exception of the L'extreme, which I feel is average. This and most of their mascaras are great for creating that dramatic look!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mickchick2020

This was my absolute favorite mascara of all time! I dont think it dgot much credit but it was awesome. It curled me and my moms lashes incedibly!! It didnt flake and it lasted all day! i loved it!