December 22, 2014 | 1835 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Seaweed mattifying moisture lotion SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Average product with adequate amount of spf.
Nope. No oil control performance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hate this product as it breaks me out like nothing I've ever used before! I'm talking loads of really big, red and hurting zits all over my face, absolutely terrible. I was happy to find a moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin that has SPF (all face creams I've found with SPF in Sweden have been way to thick and greasy for my skin), but it ended up breaking me out much worse than the ones for normal/dry skin! The regular seaweed mattifying cream doesn't do this to me, so I guess it's the ingredients that protect against the sun that do it.

Worst thing is I can't return it because I bought it on vacation and it isn't even sold in Sweden. It took me a while to figure out that this cream was the problem so I never thought to return it while still away. And it was so expensive too! Huge disappointment!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by nicolee200

I had high hopes for this product...but It just wasn't what I expected. It went on smoothly but afterwards it felt very greasy and it felt like I just had a layer of oil on my face. Soon after, I started to break out on my nose and forehead and I imediately went back to the store and returned it. I'm sure maybe it works for some people but I didn't like it at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by 2010jesslee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product for a few days now, so far I think it control oil quite well after I apply it before I put on my foundation, it does not trigger any break out yet. Also it has not dry out my skin, but now is summer so I'm not sure if it is moisturizing enough for winter. Will see if it does the good job after a few weeks.

Edit: I think this moisturizer broke me out again, also it is not moisturizing enough for winter. I find my Bioelement's Absolute moisturizer is much better for combination acne-prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 6:04:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

First, I have to say that I use a moisturizer for acne-prone skin on my T-zone. I can't use the same for my cheeks - they tend to breakouts, but they still need more moisturization. I have always used Biotherm's Aqua Source and it works great for me!
But as it's so pricey, I wanted to find a cheaper alternative and I tried this one.

My review:
It's not bad - but that's it! For me, it's a little bit too creamy and sinks in too slow. I also "feel" that I put something on my skin for a while, which is something I don't like. The moisturing-effect is okay - but again, my skin doesn't feel as smooth and "nurtured" as with Biotherm's Aqua Source.
Edit: I don't use it any more, though I haven't used up the tube - it made me break out! It can't have been anything else...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by greenapples365

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best daily moisturiser that I've ever tried. It doesn't feel oily or leave me with a feeling that I have a layer of something over my face. It also didn't cause any breakouts or any bad reaction of any kind (which is a rarity with my sensitive skin). The container is a bit on the small side, but a little definitely goes a LONG way!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Was too thick for my oily/combination skin even in the winter whee my skin gets quite dry - broke me out badly. I say if you have combination/oily skin DON'T use this, if you have more dry/combination skin, then this will benefit you better. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by skyscraperblue

A lot of people on here seem to hate this but personally I love it. I have combination skin which is more dry in winter and more oily in summer, and personally I don't find that this leaves any sort of residue on my face. I use a very small amount but I find that's all I need. It leaves my face soft and not oily at all. I don't really have problems with shine so I can't comment one way or the other about the mattifying effect. This was recommended to me by the girl in the Body Shop (I originally went in intending to buy the Tea Tree moisturiser) and I've gotta say I love it. I got a free sample of the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash and I'm in love with that now too. I did take a point off for packaging cos the tube is quite small.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've recently been looking for much higher spf moisturizers, so for that reason alone, I won't be buying this again. I plan to use it up and wear it when I'm indoors but not for when I plan to be outside in any way.

I hated the smell of this - defintitely has a more complicated ingredient list than the aloe line. It didn't really make me break out, so that's good, and it didn't feel too heavy on my face. I also didn't notice any "whitish cast" that many people complain about with sunscreens.

All in all, I guess it's good if you can tolerate the smell and like a lower spf, but I haven't added it to my "favourites" list.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by periplaneta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

i was using the tea tree line but was looking for a moisturizer with spf for day use. i went to TBS and got this since its mattifying for oily skin and i though yey perfect plus i love the smell. i was really psyched about it however when i tried it the next day i was really disappointed because it made my face really oily it felt like i applied oil on my face. i decided to give it a few days to and i experimented with the application and amount used but to no avail i always ended up with an oily heavy feeling on my face. might work for others not for me though