L.A. Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow in Tease

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

I wanted this particular palette for so long because of the colors & I love most of the LA Colors eyeshadows, but I was disappointed in this palette. The colors are pretty in the packaging but I find the eyeshadows to be a little to powdery for me and the the color payoff isn't as pigmented as most of the other LA Color palettes that I have. Not to mention when I wear the colors from this palette they don't stay on my eyelids that long without fading away even with my good eye primer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Dig this palette. Dig this palette. For the price, and it's availability, this is a great palette to have on hand. The colors range from a soft butter-yellow, a soft sherbet orange, a bright pink, a pretty bright blue, and a soft sage green...all very shimmery, very metallic. They read very well when gently swatched on your finger, but by themselves over the lid, they're sort of dull. They work well over a heavy primer (I like Jesse's Girl Eye Shadow Transformer as a primer, it works wonderfully with these) They crease without a primer, which is expected. These are great when put over a matte wide cream shadow, they come off much more vibrant. Too, when you apply them with an angled brush, they make great liners. They have a very soft, creamy texture that reads a bit powdery once applied, but that's not a big deal. Not chalky at all. And there are SO many different versions of this palette. I just wish I could find them all in one place. Overall, wonderful for the price.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is great for people who want to try brights but don't want to spend a whole bunch of money. :) I used this over my TFSI, and its so pretty! I really like the green, blue, and pink. The orange and yellow are good too! I will definitely repurchase!

Oh yeah, I found it at my Dollar General for $1. Can't beat that!

this is a great way to get bold colors for a steal($1). good pigmentation

I got this today because of the vivid colors. I tried it out over my UDPP and it looks amazing! It's super cheap too! I got it for only $1 at the Dollar General. I love the green and the blue on the palette especially..mainly because those are my favorite colors. The yellow looks almost gold when I applied it on my lid. I made a pretty rainbow look with this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love these colors! This palette has the best subtle yellow and orange colors I have ever been able to find. It makes me very happy. The blue is similar to NYX Lanikai and plenty of others to be sure, so that one's not that special. The green is also nice. Just a fantastic palette overall, and the colors are pigmented and smooth, not chalky.

I feel like an ass for all those time I acted like a snob to the LA colors.These are amazing eyeshadows! The yellow and orange can be a bit chalky, but I made them work! ;) I am so surprised that I made a beautiful rainbow design on my eyelids for only $1.50. I'm in love. Shame on me for thinking less of LA colors!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this pallette and I agree with most people that the pink and blue are the best 2 colors to use, but overall it surprised me because I normally turned my nose up and walked by LA Colors in the dollar stores, one day I picked this pallette up and liked it now I have about 3 other pallettes, nail polish and lipstick and and the best thing about it is its only a buck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I really like the Colors they all seem to have very good color payoff except the green could be a little brighter. I bought this pallette for $1 and use it daily.

The texture to this palette is particularly a bit "waxy" compared to the others so the colors are hit/miss and can be hard to control. The 2 most pigmented are the hot pink and bright blue (these 2 are INSANELY metallic-neon).. the yellow, orange, green are very non-pigmented and require a lot of packing on for it to get the potential color. I can't even say they're chalky, but just hard to pick up in color/product since these shadows aren't very dry.

Overall, Tease kind of turned me off from these L.A. Color palettes for a long time until I found them at the dollar store recently for $1.50 and decided to give them another go. The rest are quite amazing (I'm shocked) and the quality is 100x better that this particular one (even though this one is popular for being the brightest). I would only suggest getting this one if you'll be able to find it for $1-$2 (for the pink and blue) but at Cherry Culture's price of $4 this is definitely a pass.