Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush

4.3

This is for the white handle brush. It's super soft and was cheap compared to department store brands. I haven't had any problem with it shedding. You do have to work a little bit to make sure it's clean, but I guess you can say that for all big brushes, to make sure you get it clean. But I totally love it, and use it everyday. I know it's a powder brush but I also use it for my bronzer and my blush. I love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This review is for the white handled brush - I love it! Cheap-o, yet soft bristles, IMHO. I don't find that the bristles shed as much as my Mac blush brush (forget the #), but does a great job of distributing powder. Sure, I could get something more lush and expensive, but this one works just as wonderfully.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I needed a fluffy brush that would pick up a nice amount of product for a finishing powder. This review is for the black handle BTW. SUPER soft!!! It was $19.99 ? Decent price . Anyways, the brush is black bristled with a black handle. Shed a tiny bit...but w/e all brushed do honestly even my high end ones. Ladies, this is the perfect brush if you are looking into using it for finishing powders, light wash of bronzers/highlighters. It is pretty dense..but do not think that it will give you a full coverage finish. If your looking for a brush like that check out ELF's studio line powder brush (flatop) -- I swear by it. This brush does EXACTLY what I intended it do. I usually use this with my Maybelline dream matte powder to finish my foundation or use it to dust on some bronzer all over my face. GREAT brush for the price...it is softer than some of my MAC face brushes. SOOOO soft. Check it out if you are on a budget or if you are looking for a big powder brush in general. BTW, after you wash the brush .. it starts to get a bit fluffier/bigger..which is good in my opinion. Pleased purchase once again with Sonia Kashuk's brushes!

(Review for Powder Brush with the white handle)
The brush is very soft & feels wonderful on my skin. However, it does not pick up much product at all. I now use it to apply Revlon Photo Ready Finishing Powder since the powder is sparkly and the brush doesn't get too much product on it. I guess it works for the purpose I now use it for. If I would have known before, I would have not gotten it. I have a few other brushes I could use for the same purpose.

This review is for the Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush 01 (white handle) available at Target for $11.99.

This brush is incredibly soft and silky feeling against my skin and I look forward to using it each morning. It gives me a nice light dusting of powder in just a couple of swipes.

The handle is long enough for good control and short enough to fit in my makeup bag if I want to take it with me.

I have not had any problems with shedding, the brush does not have any odd smell, and I have not washed it yet so I can't comment on whether or not it bleeds color or if it changes any after washing. (I'll update if it does.)

Overall this brush is a super value for the price and I would purchase again.

one of my fav brushes. I use this to apply bronzer, and my mac msf natural.

I have no complains really. It's soft and of good quality. I don't have the need to compare it to a MAC brush. I love it.

Over this is a very good brush. It is so fat and really soft. Mine has shed very little (which is the only reason it didn't get 5 stars) but just enough to be annoying (maybe one or two hairs every other time i use it). the only other thing I don't like (and this is very insignificant) is that when I shake the brush, i have the white one, not sure if the black one does it, it sounds like there is a little ball bearing or something loose in there. None of my other brushes do that....like I said insignificant;-)! Still, I would buy again in a heartbeat!!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Love this brush. It's soft, picks up just the right amount of powder, and I haven't had any issues with the bristles falling out. I like Sonia Kashuk products, I am always pleasantly surprised when I buy them. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable, high quality powder brush!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this brush a lot. I didn't expect the quality to be that great, since I'd never purchased my brushes at a drugstore before (Target). The quality of it compares to a lot of department store make-up counters' brushes, and I feel it lasting for a long time. It is soooo soft, has a great handle and hasn't shed on me or anything. This brush picks up just enough product, but is kind of hard to apply foundation with because you can't get into the little crevices such as around the nose. I do carry it on-the-go and use it for a number of things - foundation, finishing powder, bronzer and brush. I do recommend this brush to others.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the black version. In my opinion I hate it as a powder brush, it doesn't pick up enough powder. The good thing about it is I now use it as my blush brush, which I love! It's very soft and doesn't shed much! Expensive ...but I like it.

Popular Makeup Brushes