August 23, 2014 | 1838 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the white handled brush - I love it! Cheap-o, yet soft bristles, IMHO. I don't find that the bristles shed as much as my Mac blush brush (forget the #), but does a great job of distributing powder. Sure, I could get something more lush and expensive, but this one works just as wonderfully.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a fluffy brush that would pick up a nice amount of product for a finishing powder. This review is for the black handle BTW. SUPER soft!!! It was $19.99 ? Decent price . Anyways, the brush is black bristled with a black handle. Shed a tiny bit...but w/e all brushed do honestly even my high end ones. Ladies, this is the perfect brush if you are looking into using it for finishing powders, light wash of bronzers/highlighters. It is pretty dense..but do not think that it will give you a full coverage finish. If your looking for a brush like that check out ELF's studio line powder brush (flatop) -- I swear by it. This brush does EXACTLY what I intended it do. I usually use this with my Maybelline dream matte powder to finish my foundation or use it to dust on some bronzer all over my face. GREAT brush for the price...it is softer than some of my MAC face brushes. SOOOO soft. Check it out if you are on a budget or if you are looking for a big powder brush in general. BTW, after you wash the brush .. it starts to get a bit fluffier/bigger..which is good in my opinion. Pleased purchase once again with Sonia Kashuk's brushes!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by bahaitsme

(Review for Powder Brush with the white handle)
The brush is very soft & feels wonderful on my skin. However, it does not pick up much product at all. I now use it to apply Revlon Photo Ready Finishing Powder since the powder is sparkly and the brush doesn't get too much product on it. I guess it works for the purpose I now use it for. If I would have known before, I would have not gotten it. I have a few other brushes I could use for the same purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Lizard31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush 01 (white handle) available at Target for $11.99.

This brush is incredibly soft and silky feeling against my skin and I look forward to using it each morning. It gives me a nice light dusting of powder in just a couple of swipes.

The handle is long enough for good control and short enough to fit in my makeup bag if I want to take it with me.

I have not had any problems with shedding, the brush does not have any odd smell, and I have not washed it yet so I can't comment on whether or not it bleeds color or if it changes any after washing. (I'll update if it does.)

Overall this brush is a super value for the price and I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by laraquinto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

one of my fav brushes. I use this to apply bronzer, and my mac msf natural.

I have no complains really. It's soft and of good quality. I don't have the need to compare it to a MAC brush. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Over this is a very good brush. It is so fat and really soft. Mine has shed very little (which is the only reason it didn't get 5 stars) but just enough to be annoying (maybe one or two hairs every other time i use it). the only other thing I don't like (and this is very insignificant) is that when I shake the brush, i have the white one, not sure if the black one does it, it sounds like there is a little ball bearing or something loose in there. None of my other brushes do that....like I said insignificant;-)! Still, I would buy again in a heartbeat!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by sdiaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. It's soft, picks up just the right amount of powder, and I haven't had any issues with the bristles falling out. I like Sonia Kashuk products, I am always pleasantly surprised when I buy them. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable, high quality powder brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by highcee24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush a lot. I didn't expect the quality to be that great, since I'd never purchased my brushes at a drugstore before (Target). The quality of it compares to a lot of department store make-up counters' brushes, and I feel it lasting for a long time. It is soooo soft, has a great handle and hasn't shed on me or anything. This brush picks up just enough product, but is kind of hard to apply foundation with because you can't get into the little crevices such as around the nose. I do carry it on-the-go and use it for a number of things - foundation, finishing powder, bronzer and brush. I do recommend this brush to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by abtsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the black version. In my opinion I hate it as a powder brush, it doesn't pick up enough powder. The good thing about it is I now use it as my blush brush, which I love! It's very soft and doesn't shed much! Expensive ...but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this brush. Its soft bristles allow me to apply face powder (loose or pressed), bronzer (all over or cheeks) and powder blush, depending on the look I'm going for and my mood, etc. I really like this brush and enjoy its versatility.