August 22, 2014 | 1930 users online

Lips - Nivea - Hydro Care

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by vegovy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow... I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased it. This is definitely one of my favourite always-must-haves on me (excluding Paw paw of course :p). My lips are pretty temperamental in that some days it will be perfectly smooth while others it will get flaky. I believe I discovered this lip balm when my lips were quite dry and miraculously it worked! Yes it does leave a sort of shiny gleen on your lips but I like that - it makes my lips look more alive :D
I've tried the other versions of the Nivea lip care line but I didn't like any of them.
So anyway, this lip balm leaves my lips feeling moisturized and yes I do have to apply them throughout the day but that's normal for me. I also love the packaging! I absolutely hate those chapstick/baby lips packaging.
These lip balms last quite a while (few months) and I will continually buy it foreverrrr.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

It moisturizes your lips for like 30mins and you've to reapply
Maybe will try other lip balms

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by PrincessKewt

i bought it today and used it. then my lips were wet after about 45 mins. wierd. otherwise pretty good. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by charlpoploleh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's good for general lip moisturising throughout the day, however I have lips that get dry and chapped very easily, so sometimes I do need something a bit more heavy duty than this (Blistex normally does the trick once a day, otherwise I can just use Nivea). It's so easy to apply and a great price, however can be quite greasy on the lips so if your hair is down on a windy day, you might get your hair stuck in it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

So I have been a great fan of the NIVEA essential lip balm for ages, and I was tempted to try this one and see if it was just as good. Sorry to say, but was very disappointing! This product doesn't deliver rich moisture to lips at all! It leaves a 'film' that just sits on lips for a while and makes them feel soft and smooth but then they are back to dry again in an hour or so. Don't spend money on this. Every girl deserves an rich moisture giving balm and this isn't just worth it, no matter how cheap it is.
Would I repurchase? Nope.
Check out my reviews on other lip products too and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lillill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

mediocre lip balm that has a faint pleasant odour of vanilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I only bought this a couple of days ago, but already it's love! Got rid of all the annoying little flakes and leaves my lips feeling very smooth. It also works great applied thickly as an over-night treatment. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

My daughter bought this and I am always stealing it from her. I like to use it at night before I go to bed. It is pretty greasy feeling going on so I don't think it would last very long during the day as I talk a lot for my job, drink water constantly, etc. I consider it a great bedtime lip treament.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Aurora901

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice Clean Fresh Smell. Moisturises my lips when dry for a long time. Smooth feel and provides a sheen. Contains UV protection. Leaves no white reside. Perfect applied on its own or as a base. Extremely good value for money. Easy to apply and carry.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by veck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hydrated my lips, it felt smooth. I agree that its not long lasting, but all I had to do was reapply it a few times during the day. I would use this simply for keeping your lips moisturized. If your lips are constantly dry/cracked I'd recommend you to use something better. I also would of liked some spf, but overall not a bad lip balm.